Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 08:13 AM

35,508 posts, read 17,749,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
That Spirit policy effectively ended on February 1. When the federal mandate kicked in it brought with it the reqiuirement that airlines must follow the ADA laws.

CDC specifically exempted from the order those who can't wear a mask due to a medical condition.

Lawyers are knocking down this couple's door as we speak!
Do you have a link for what you're saying? I'd like to read through it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 08:16 AM

3,190 posts, read 1,427,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
The reality is we don't own the planes.

Despite the delusional belief of some who say "I pay my taxes!! I have every right to . . ." (whatever it is that they don't have a right to)
would you be ok then for a business that does not allow people in wheel chairs in ? they are a private business they can refuse anyone they want right? what if a business does not want black people in it? its a private business they can do what they want?

Old 03-23-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
would you be ok then for a business that does not allow people in wheel chairs? they are a private business they can refuse anyone they want right? what if a business does not want black people in it? its a private business they can do what they want?
Absolutely not, because wheel chairs aren't hurting me. Unless, of course, that person wanted to put a wheelchair in, say, a kayak I was riding in and that might cause it to tip, and well, hurt me.

We're in the final stages (hopefully) of a pandemic, and we all need to sit tight for the next months. Spirit has their rules, surprisingly, the strictest in the industry. Never thought that statement would apply to Spirit, but it does.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 AM

3,190 posts, read 1,427,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Absolutely not, because wheel chairs aren't hurting me. Unless, of course, that person wanted to put a wheelchair in, say, a kayak I was riding in and that might cause it to tip, and well, hurt me.

We're in the final stages (hopefully) of a pandemic, and we all need to sit tight for the next months. Spirit has their rules, surprisingly, the strictest in the industry. Never thought that statement would apply to Spirit, but it does.

if the child takes a test and is found to be free of covid then it would be 100 percent proof that the business is preventing the child from flying. you can not assume everyone is sick and frankly asymptomatic spread is a lot more rare than you think. Even Dr FAUCI says " asymptomatic spread has never been the driving force for a pandemic." if you don't want to take the risk then don't fly.

I would never expect others to wear a mask for who I do not know even if I was immune-compromised. Adults are supposed to be able to way the risks in a free society.

if you could prove the child had covid that would be a different story.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:23 AM

Quote:
if the child takes a test and is found to be free of covid then it would be 100 percent proof that the business is preventing the child from flying. you can not assume everyone is sick and frankly asymptomatic spread is a lot more rare than you think. Even Dr FAUCI says " asymptomatic spread has never been the driving force for a pandemic." if you don't want to take the risk then don't fly.

I would never expect others to wear a mask for who I do not know even if I was immune-compromised. Adults are supposed to be able to way the risks in a free society.

if you could prove the child had covid that would be a different story.
Well, then don't fly Spirit, I guess. This family was able to get home on American.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:24 AM

45,048 posts, read 26,207,698 times
You have to admit, mask theater dovetails nicely with the security theater provided by the TSA

Welcome to cartoon land

Old 03-23-2021, 08:25 AM

7,203 posts, read 3,407,998 times
Stay home, save lives!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:27 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,431,378 times
Quote:
They have every right to.
Every person on that flight has the right to safety as well. If there is a negative covid test within 24 hours of the flight, good, the child can fly without a mask. Otherwise, this parent is trampling on the rights of other people.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:28 AM

45,048 posts, read 26,207,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
Stay home, save lives!

Take a trip virtually on your pda

Old 03-23-2021, 08:32 AM

929 posts, read 301,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Every person on that flight has the right to safety as well. If there is a negative covid test within 24 hours of the flight, good, the child can fly without a mask. Otherwise, this parent is trampling on the rights of other people.
“” Right to Safety”

That’s very broad. Unless the test is given, the Child has a right to fly. There can not be any infringement of Constitutional Rights based on suspicion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies