Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 05:39 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i'd argue that it's very broken.
birthright citizenship, lottery system instead of merit based, lack of national ID system, employers hiring illegals off the books that entice them to come.

and then back to how we the united states destroyed south/central america with the monroe doctrine that makes their home country uninhabitable and therefore looking for better opportunity elsewhere. this goes back a very long time. the beginnings of this is not a recent phenomenon.

we are reaping what we sowed decades ago.
Birthright citizenship needs to be taken before the SC for a real interpreted ruling. We do need a merit base immigration system. We do need a national ID system and should be provided when voting. We already have laws on the books against illegal hiring. I wouldn't say that it's not being enforced as it has to be proven that the employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens but the Democrats refuse to pass an e-verify bill unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it. That's why illegals get away with presenting fake or stolen ID's to gain employment.

I don't go along with this enticement bit as if the illegals aren't guilty because they are "enticed". It's still on them whether they enter our country illegally and accept a job.

No, it's BS to claim that it is the U.S. government that is responsible for this illegal invasion that has been going on for decades now. Tired of the lame excuses for these law breakers. They have no right to look for better opportunity by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Who's "we"? Law abiding citizens aren't allowed to vote on foreign policy so why should we become the victims in all of this? These people need to stand up to their own governments and force change in their own countries instead of coming here and making our lives miserable.

Old 03-23-2021, 05:42 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

Does Trump realize the surge is mainly compromised of children..they aren't taking our jobs...

Old 03-23-2021, 05:53 PM

3,730 posts, read 1,766,412 times
Quote:

Does Trump realize the surge is mainly compromised of children..they aren't taking our jobs
Really...if you’re such a wonderful humanitarian why don’t you sponsor a couple of these children and have them move into your home!

Old 03-23-2021, 05:57 PM

9,500 posts, read 2,919,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Does Trump realize the surge is mainly compromised of children..they aren't taking our jobs...
Does Biden realize that words mean things? Does Biden realize you don’t encourage crossing borders during a pandemic, even though he promised to do a better job stopping covid, is that a smart thing to do? One might claim humanity, but it is not, this was the stupidest act of a sitting President in a lot of years.

Old 03-23-2021, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues4evr View Post
Does Biden realize that words mean things? Does Biden realize you don’t encourage crossing borders during a pandemic, even though he promised to do a better job stopping covid, is that a smart thing to do? One might claim humanity, but it is not, this was the stupidest act of a sitting President in a lot of years.
That poster as usual doesn't know what she is talking about. 100,000 "migrants" crossed our border in Feb. and out of that number only 13,000 of them were minors. Many if not most of them were teenagers. Last I looked teenagers are allowed to work. If they and those younger than them are allowed to remain here eventually they will be old enough to work also since it takes so long to approve an asylum claim. In the meantime we are stuck supporting them and then they will move on and take American jobs.

What about the millions here illegally already? They haven't taken American jobs? Some people are either clueless or in deep denial.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:23 PM

3,771 posts, read 1,524,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Birthright citizenship needs to be taken before the SC for a real interpreted ruling. We do need a merit base immigration system. We do need a national ID system and should be provided when voting. We already have laws on the books against illegal hiring. I wouldn't say that it's not being enforced as it has to be proven that the employer "knowingly" hired illegal aliens but the Democrats refuse to pass an e-verify bill unless there is a massive amnesty attached to it. That's why illegals get away with presenting fake or stolen ID's to gain employment.

I don't go along with this enticement bit as if the illegals aren't guilty because they are "enticed". It's still on them whether they enter our country illegally and accept a job.

No, it's BS to claim that it is the U.S. government that is responsible for this illegal invasion that has been going on for decades now. Tired of the lame excuses for these law breakers. They have no right to look for better opportunity by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. Who's "we"? Law abiding citizens aren't allowed to vote on foreign policy so why should we become the victims in all of this? These people need to stand up to their own governments and force change in their own countries instead of coming here and making our lives miserable.
i'm not making excuses for the illegal immigration issue. i'm merely stating the reality of it.
when you destroy opportunity and livelihoods in their home country, they will migrate to places that provide a better future. every action has an equal and opposite reacion.

i sincerely hope that you're not denying our (govt's) malfeasance in latin america.

Last edited by blahblahyoutoo; 03-23-2021 at 07:33 PM..

Old 03-23-2021, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
i'm not making excuses for the illegal immigration issue. i'm merely stating the reality of it.
when you destroy opportunity and livelihoods in their home country, they will migrate to places that provide a better future. every action has an equal and opposite reacion.

i sincerely hope that you're not denying our (govt's) malfeasance in latin america.
I don't really care! I care about this country and its citizens. Yes, I am denying that whatever you claim the U.S. did that it entitles their citizens to come here illegally by the millions over decades. They have no right to a better future here while making a worse future for innocent American citizens. They don't seem to care about that though, therefore I have no sympathy for them for whatever their excuses are for doing so. Decades of this and they can't make changes in their own countries? Please..... End of story!

Old 03-23-2021, 08:25 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,431,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
Biden, living rent-free in Trump's head.

I don't think Trump will ever get over the fact that the American people chose Biden over him. I don't blame him. Now he knows how Hillary must have felt.
They didn't, massive voter fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies