Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2021, 07:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Well one thing for sure making guns illegal will only hurt the ones(legal) who need them to protect themselves against the illegal ones. It is a vicious cycle and too late to do anything about it other than to dish out severe punishment for those who commit a crime with a gun. And I mean severe! By the way, making it harder for the good guys to get guns will do nothing, most of those (illegal)guns are stolen.
Didn't help an single person in that grocery store, did it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
What do you mean “used to mean”?

Is firearm a new invention or something?
So many guns and so easy to get. A whacko can legally buy a semi-auto rifle and within three days, can shoot up a Walmart, theater, school, nightclub, or grocery store.

Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 PM

29,470 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
That is a sad "perspective" for the US. Our country is the most violent and dangerous on the planet.
Except, it isn't.

https://www.atlasandboots.com/travel...-in-the-world/

Old 03-23-2021, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
AR-15 or semi auto is not magically more lethal than say a shotgun. Firepower only matters when someone is shooting back at you, these murderers target people and places where most people can't or won't fight back.

However when does firepower like from a AR-15 matter? when you are lone storekeeper being attacked by a ANTIFA mob and the cops are nowhere to be seen.
Was this grocery store being attacked by ANTIFA?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:27 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
What do you mean “used to mean”?

Is firearm a new invention or something?
I'll give an explanation a whirl because I knew exactly what that poster meant.

There are 80-something year old women and children (and people in between) who lives in Boulder, Colorado, who normally shop at the grocery store where 10 people were gunned down and killed. I'm sure there were some there at the time. It's beyond traumatic to have a senseless and violent event like that happen, particularly in a place that everybody goes to and is pretty low key. This past year has been stressful enough and now this!

Going to the grocery store isn't exactly one of those situations that people say "well, they shouldn't have put themselves in that situation to begin with!" I mean, it's not like they were trying to score a crack rock at 3 in the morning in some sketchy drug house. They were there to buy bread, and milk, and balloons for their kid's sixth birthday party, and then this senseless BS happens. I think that would shake somebody up, right?

Last edited by Jowel; 03-23-2021 at 07:37 PM..

Old 03-23-2021, 07:28 PM

462 posts, read 207,761 times
Quote:
So many guns and so easy to get. A whacko can legally buy a semi-auto rifle and within three days, can shoot up a Walmart, theater, school, nightclub, or grocery store.
He can also buy a car even more easily and quickly, drive down a street with a crowded sidewalk, and kill even more people with that. A lot more people get killed by cars than with a so-called "assault weapon".

But paranoid no-minds concentrate their attention on the (far fewer) people killed by so-called "assault weapons".

Old 03-23-2021, 07:32 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
American gangsters were rocking around Tommy fully automatic submachine guns and BARs in the 20s and 30s. Today guns like that are illegal to own for the average citizens with some exceptions.

There was no NCIC or FBI III to run someone background before weapon purchase in the 20s or 30s.

So what’s the difference between 100 years ago and now?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:33 PM

6,115 posts, read 4,607,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
He can also buy a car even more easily and quickly, drive down a street with a crowded sidewalk, and kill even more people with that. A lot more people get killed by cars than with a so-called "assault weapon".

But paranoid no-minds concentrate their attention on the (far fewer) people killed by so-called "assault weapons".
I think murderers who kill people by whatever means are bad people and shouldn't be walking around free in society. Hopefully you agree?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:38 PM

8,231 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
We're going to need to keep our guns. He's allowing terrorists into the country. Does he not want us to defend ourselves? What about all the rioting and burning that will go as they push their racial agenda on us. It sounds like he wants everyone to be helpless. No thank you Mr. Corrupt man. No will do!!
Of course they don't want you to defend yourself. Have you not figured out that yet?

Old 03-23-2021, 07:38 PM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
I'll give it explaining that a whirl because I knew exactly what that poster meant.

There are 80-something year old women and children (and people in between) who lives in Boulder, Colorado, who normally shop at the grocery store where 10 people were gunned down and killed. I'm sure there were some there at the time. It's beyond traumatic to have a senseless and violent event like that happen, particularly in a place that everybody goes to and is pretty low key. This past year has been stressful enough and now this!

Going to the grocery store isn't exactly one of those situations that people say "well, they shouldn't have put themselves in that situation to begin with!" I mean, it's not like they were trying to score a crack rock at 3 in the morning in some sketchy drug house. They were there to buy bread, and milk, and balloons for their kid's sixth birthday party, and then this senseless BS happens. I think that would shake somebody up, right?
Gun ownership is not new in America.
Let me repeat one more time just to make sure you get it through your head, ok? GUN OWNERSHIP IS NOT NEW IN AMERICA.

So what is the difference between what happened in Boulder Colorado yesterday and 100 years ago? What changed?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies