Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 03:09 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In one of the post, someone mentioned there has to be compromise, and there seems there is no solution.
There is a solution, and as soon as I get a few people on this thread to respond to my questions, I will post what I think the real solutions to this gun issue is.
My questions... Why does anyone need an ak47/ar15, or any gun that is capable of shooting multiple rounds in a matter of seconds.
Why does anyone need a handgun that does the same?

I am not against gun ownership, and want to know your reasons regarding the two questions I asked above.
With some answers, I will go into detail regarding a solution that will work for everyone.
I think I have one.
Why do they need weapons like that?
They make a nobody feel like a somebody.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 03:31 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
In one of the post, someone mentioned there has to be compromise, and there seems there is no solution.
There is a solution, and as soon as I get a few people on this thread to respond to my questions, I will post what I think the real solutions to this gun issue is.
My questions... Why does anyone need an ak47/ar15, or any gun that is capable of shooting multiple rounds in a matter of seconds.

I am not against gun ownership, and want to know your reasons regarding the two questions I asked above.
With some answers, I will go into detail regarding a solution that will work for everyone.
I think I have one.

My Mom needs an AR-15 for home defense because she's old and lives alone.

She can't handle the weight and recoil of a shotgun, and with her arthritis, can't rack the slide on a semi auto pistol or reload a revolver. She can't hit the broadside of a barn with any type of handgun either.

The AR is lightweight, easy to aim, easy to rack the slide and has light recoil. And with a 30 round magazine she doesn't have to worry much about reloading.

It's literally the perfect tool for her.

Any more stupid questions about "why anyone NEEDS this gun or that gun"?

Old 03-25-2021, 03:39 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times
Dont' care if they ban assault rifles, but criminals don't follow gun laws. A point that has been made thousands of times.

Just like with free speech, it's a slippery slope here.

Now it's cool for liberals to work with their big tech allies to silence conservatives.... same thing with these guns. They ban one or two types of guns now, then they will be back to ban more of them later. That's the way the left works.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:45 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,089,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Dont' care if they ban assault rifles, but criminals don't follow gun laws. A point that has been made thousands of times.

Just like with free speech, it's a slippery slope here.

Now it's cool for liberals to work with their big tech allies to silence conservatives.... same thing with these guns. They ban one or two types of guns now, then they will be back to ban more of them later. That's the way the left works.

Universal background checks are necessary for their next step....

Universal registration.....

Which is necessary for confiscation or mandatory "buy backs"

Baby steps......

Old 03-25-2021, 03:56 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
If the Biden Admin is going to argue taking away any guns, they really should remove the heavily armed soldiers and barbed wire fencing from around the White House.

The hypocrites are proving daily that walls and guns do exactly what we want them to do.

Security for me but not for thee.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:08 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
I never understood how some people can live in a country with daily mass shooting and say, "That's fine."

To add insult to injury, it's the same group who wants to ban abortion and weed, as if people aren't just going to go around the law to get it. But with guns, somehow we can't do anything because "criminals will just go around the law and get them anyway."

Maybe they can live here because there are not daily mass shootings and no one actually says "That's fine". I never understood why some are so desperate as to make stuff up.

To add insult to injury, this same group wants to ban the constitutionally protected rights of gun ownership but is for the decriminalization of illegal activity of drug use, as if criminals aren't just going to go around the law to buy or use it anyway. Currently - guns legal, drugs not legal.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:53 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
You can't legally buy an assault weapon in the United States.
I'd bet he couldn't even describe what one is. Every state that has laws on themthem, have DIFFERENT descriptions.

The Phrase was CREATED by a so-called journalist. Our military has NO SUCH TERM.!

Old 03-25-2021, 04:58 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,992,303 times
Quote:

I think I have one.

For the same reason the cops need them. I mean, we are all in the same environment. If the cops believe they have a need for such guns, then the civilians should have the same.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:04 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Kamala just admitted Biden won't do anything on gun control. Sorry liberals, looks like you shouldn't have elected a moderate.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gun-order.html
"after two mass shootings rocked the nation"

This the junk we get from the alphabet media DAILY.

"mass" shooting , "mass" is defined as 4 or more. 4 is Not "mass" to me.

"rocked the nation" Really? Did they ask any of you? I wasn't asked.

Now THIS should "rock the nation",

"chicago.cbslocal.com › 2021/03/15 › chicago-weekend...

Mar 15, 2021 — CHICAGO (CBS) — At least 40 people were shot in weekend gun violence in Chicago, and four of them had been killed"

Happens MOST week-ends and nary a word from the SAME media.

"In Chicago, 116 people have been killed this year. That is 17 more than 2020

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...htmlstory.html

Old 03-25-2021, 05:07 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Maybe they can live here because there are not daily mass shootings and no one actually says "That's fine". I never understood why some are so desperate as to make stuff up.

To add insult to injury, this same group wants to ban the constitutionally protected rights of gun ownership but is for the decriminalization of illegal activity of drug use, as if criminals aren't just going to go around the law to buy or use it anyway. Currently - guns legal, drugs not legal.
The Supreme Court ruled that gun regulations are legal. Why is it so easy for criminals to get guns? Because we have so many of them. That`s a 9th grade Economics lesson. Open up enough unlocked car doors and you`ll have a gun within a couple hours.
Which group is looking to ban gun ownership speaking of being so desperate that you have to make stuff up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies