Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 11:00 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Your response is perhaps the best, and most accurate response ever given on this cd web site, and I commend you for it.
As I stated in my earlier post, I was looking for answers to why some gun enthusiast felt they needed these types of guns, and you have done a splendid job at explaining your personal reasons.
After reading the responses to my questions, and especially your response, I am ready to put forth what I feel is the correct response to once and for all, address this gun issue head on, and to be fair, while doing it.
Some will be in opposition to what I say, while some will agree.
If there is one thing in human nature that will never change, it is the fact that you can't please everyone.

Here is my solution:
First thing that needs to be addressed is the 2nd amendment to the constitution.
It needs to be repealed, and a new amendment written to take it's place.
I am well aware of what it takes for this action, and I would not rule it out, regardless of what political party is in office.

The new amendment would have many articles incorporated into it, unlike the two sentences of the current amendment.
In no particular order, except the first article,(Article numbers not included) I feel this is how a new 2nd amendment would read.

"Article 1. The right of adult citizens with in the United States to bear arms shall be the law of the land with some exceptions, those being, for persons other than military or law enforcement, a firearm that has the ability to fire more than two bullets consecutively will be illegal to own, manufacture, import, export, or otherwise be privately manufactured by any person.
The use of computer software in the manufacture of guns is unlawful.

Firearms manufactured, imported or exported, used for the military and law enforcement shall not be infringed in any way.

Gun sales will be administered by qualified, licensed dealers only.
All gun purchases are to be done in person.
It is illegal to purchase a gun through any electronic device, whatever that device may be.

A background check must be done before any and all gun purchases.
The time allotted for such a check would be within a period of ten days.
A longer time would mean the proposed sale would be null and void, and no purchase would take place.

No sale of guns will be made to anyone unless the person buying the gun has evidence that the person has passed a gun training course in a state approved facility, qualified and licensed by a state in the training and use of firearms.
A certificate will be issues by the facility upon successful completion of the course.
This certificate shall remain in the state records for a period of five years, and will stay in effect for that period of time.
Beyond that time, the gun owner will re-apply for a new certification, by attending another training course.

The states are required to forward all records of firearm sales once yearly to the federal government's ATF department.

All firearms held by citizens , must be kept in a secure location when not in use."

There are perhaps other articles that could be added, but I feel this "new" amendment covers most of what is needed in addressing this firearms issue.
If any reading this have additional points that were not addressed in this posting, please post them.
Oh boy

What is the obsession with trying to control what people do in their own homes or property? I'm not taking roll call each morning for all my firearms and locking them down like they are felony prisoners. My house is a damn locked container.
What do you do with the existing half a billion firearms out there not in your imaginary system.

A certificate.... jesus H. That's hilarious. It sounds like the clown car act here in CA where they just plunder you of 20 bucks to pass a test a five year old could pass. All about the revenue.

This is stuff for sci fi movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 11:08 PM

50,155 posts, read 46,811,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Here’s for your reading pleasure
That's pretty spot on and the left owns the media, so there's that.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:14 PM

1,503 posts, read 603,635 times
The safest place is an isolated cell in a jail.
I suggest everyone (including Mr. Biden) who advocates any restrictions in name of "safety" to put themselves into those cells in any jail, and leave the rest of the country to normal people. Idiots will be safe, just as they wanted, and normal people will be free. Win-win for everybody.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:12 AM

764 posts, read 233,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What is it about you folks that prohibits you from understanding what I'm patiently and repeatedly stating agreement with you about the plethora of definitions of assault weapons.

Those definitions however, do exist in laws of a variety of States. You can't just ignore that, they are a fact.

Burying your head in the sand leaves the largest part of you up front, loud and proud for the legislators to easily target.

And I will repeat, until you finally get the point that the constitutional amendment you speak of was done by mere men involved in politics, what is about your 2nd that elevates it to the degree that mere men cannot force it's amendment through the two houses and the SCOTUS if the majority of the population get fed up with the status quo.

Either sit down and reasonably craft laws you can all agree upon or lose this battle. Don't like the word lose - then use another that describes you all refusing compromise and threatening anarchy, to which the completely predictable response will be - - you losing.
For millions of Americans the right to keep and bear arms is freedom itself. Representative of the individuality that they deem to be the single most important thing in life. It allows an individual to state to anyone or any entity...….. I have a line that won't be crossed unless you are willing to pay the ultimate price.
There are millions of Americans who are willing to pay that price to keep their firearms. Are there millions of Americans willing to pay that price to take them? I think not.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:18 AM

17,389 posts, read 11,938,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Public safety is a duty of our elected officials.
As long as it doesn't infringe on our rights.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:19 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,927,604 times
Yup ever Democratic President has called for some kind of gun control. Trump did too.

And.....

Old 03-26-2021, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The thing is, even if every crazy person or criminal on planet earth was prevented from buying a gun, what's to stop them from taking someone elses gun? Go ahead and make gun ownership illegal and it won't stop people from procuring one illegally and shooting people with it? Nothing.

It's already against the law to shoot people, and yet people get shot. So making a new law will only effect honest, legal gun owners.
And Colorado already has strict gun laws, the same laws the left is shrieking "must become a national law". That didn't stop this gunman.

Why don't we start putting the FBI under the microscope? They had this guy in their sights, which is not the first time it's happened. Maybe if they were less preoccupied with issuing fake warrants to go after a guy they hate, they could do their actual JOB.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Your response is perhaps the best, and most accurate response ever given on this cd web site, and I commend you for it.
As I stated in my earlier post, I was looking for answers to why some gun enthusiast felt they needed these types of guns, and you have done a splendid job at explaining your personal reasons.
After reading the responses to my questions, and especially your response, I am ready to put forth what I feel is the correct response to once and for all, address this gun issue head on, and to be fair, while doing it.
Some will be in opposition to what I say, while some will agree.
If there is one thing in human nature that will never change, it is the fact that you can't please everyone.

Here is my solution:
First thing that needs to be addressed is the 2nd amendment to the constitution.
It needs to be repealed, and a new amendment written to take it's place.
I am well aware of what it takes for this action, and I would not rule it out, regardless of what political party is in office.

The new amendment would have many articles incorporated into it, unlike the two sentences of the current amendment.
In no particular order, except the first article,(Article numbers not included) I feel this is how a new 2nd amendment would read.

"Article 1. The right of adult citizens with in the United States to bear arms shall be the law of the land with some exceptions, those being, for persons other than military or law enforcement, a firearm that has the ability to fire more than two bullets consecutively will be illegal to own, manufacture, import, export, or otherwise be privately manufactured by any person.
The use of computer software in the manufacture of guns is unlawful.

Firearms manufactured, imported or exported, used for the military and law enforcement shall not be infringed in any way.

Gun sales will be administered by qualified, licensed dealers only.
All gun purchases are to be done in person.
It is illegal to purchase a gun through any electronic device, whatever that device may be.

A background check must be done before any and all gun purchases.
The time allotted for such a check would be within a period of ten days.
A longer time would mean the proposed sale would be null and void, and no purchase would take place.

No sale of guns will be made to anyone unless the person buying the gun has evidence that the person has passed a gun training course in a state approved facility, qualified and licensed by a state in the training and use of firearms.
A certificate will be issues by the facility upon successful completion of the course.
This certificate shall remain in the state records for a period of five years, and will stay in effect for that period of time.
Beyond that time, the gun owner will re-apply for a new certification, by attending another training course.

The states are required to forward all records of firearm sales once yearly to the federal government's ATF department.

All firearms held by citizens , must be kept in a secure location when not in use."

There are perhaps other articles that could be added, but I feel this "new" amendment covers most of what is needed in addressing this firearms issue.
If any reading this have additional points that were not addressed in this posting, please post them.
Wow. You really are hoping for an all out revolt, aren't you?

So all of this to disarm citizens, allowing a tyrannical government to control them, to make laws to stop mass shootings?

This is a much shorter and easier solution: make murder illegal. Oh, wait.......

Old 03-26-2021, 05:37 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Biden immediately calls for legislation to ban law-abiding citizens from buying guns
So much for the shall not be infringed part....
Hell, the police state has already suppressed the free state.
Why not go for broke.

LEO bloodbath.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:39 AM

18,415 posts, read 7,048,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Many times people who are not allowed to buy a gun fail a background check, or lie on the form, and yet the FBI does not pursue them.

Especially if they're named Hunter Biden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies