Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 08:36 AM

28,878 posts, read 14,232,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Wrong on pretty much everything you've stated.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/res...ass-shootings/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I'm sue he won't open it so hear is what is says, "Although mass public shootings account for only 0.1 percent of the total firearm-related mortality between 2000 and 2014".

Don't know if there is connection but, "Timonium" is a place on the border of NW Baltimore.

Kinda' explains a lot about his posts!
I'll add this as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Biden immediately calls for legislation to ban law-abiding citizens from buying guns-screenshot_20210328-093449_chrome.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 11:48 AM

5,985 posts, read 2,889,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Only Citizens can vote. Citizens are granted privileges from their master government, not rights.
People have rights. It is not We The Citizens... and yes, the founders knew the difference, as citizen and person is used in the same sentence, in Articles 2 & 3.

Voting is not a right of all people. It is a privilege, only citizens are privileged to.
Owning a gun isn't a right of all people, but only citizens as well. Respond to the actual point I made, if possible, and try without copy/pasting from sovereign citizen websites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Didn't follow the last election I see.
You mean the election where the GOP legally lost a democratic election, and the GOP's response was to try to enact laws to restrict people's right to vote? That was my point

Old 03-28-2021, 12:05 PM

4,482 posts, read 5,306,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
That is not necessarily true. Guns that are designed to hunt are not necessarily the same ones that are most effective for mass shootings, though there may be overlap.

Hunting deer or elk or pheasant does not require a automatic, or semi-automatic weapon with a 15 round clip. These types of weapons are best suited for mass casualties. The requirements of a weapon for deer hunting is far different than one for military usage. Completely different engineering. So, not merely cosmetic.

And the ease of converting a semi-automatic weapon to a large capacity clip and automatic firing would surprise many people. But, I tend to agree that it would be very hard at this point to keep a determined person from causing great harm with any modern firearm.
Respectfully, without any hostility and without any mockery, your post tells me you not very well-informed.

A "semi-automatic weapon" cannot be converted to a "clip."

"Automatic firing" - what the general public calls "machine guns" - is a functionality that the AR-15 as it exists in the civilian market, in various forms and formats and sold and marketed by dozens of manufacturers, does not have automatic firing - the technical term for this functionality is select fire.

The "forms and formats" I speak of includes variations such as: keymod vs. m-lock; freefloating vs. other handguards; iron sights vs. attachable/de-attachable optics; fixed vs. collapsible stocks; length of barrel; and, others. But NONE of these characteristics, whether added or removed from an AR-15, makes it capable of firing the way the M-16 (a rifle used by the U.S. military) can, with select fire.

It is furthermore illegal for the parts which are required for the AR-15 to be converted into a select fire weapon to be sold and owned by civilians. The fact that there are millions of privately owned AR-15 rifles and that there has been ZERO cases of a mass murder involving an AR-15 which was "modded" so that it had select fire capability speaks to how serious the government takes this and to the propensity of lawful gun owners not to break these laws.

I politely ask you to read post #444 which I wrote. It's not a plug. In that post I attempt to explain the "assault weapons" confusion and how the "hunting rifles" you speak of have essentially the same ballistics and thus the same capacity to inflict mass killing as the AR-15 which Dianne Feinstein's illogical, confusing, and ultimately ludicrous bill seeks to outlaw by name of manufacturer and model.

Finally, I ask you. If the bill by Feinstein is going to grandfather every single existing legally owned AR-15 which is currently lawfully owned by Americans, what makes her or any other person who supports the bill that even if it is passed into law, that one of these lawful gun owners won't one day use it for evil purposes?

Government and laws cannot erase evil. Laws can warn and certainly if implemented, they can punish evil. But laws on paper can't stop people from doing evil things. There are laws imposing strict sanctions on adults who sexually abuse children. But why do pedophiles exist?

Replace "sexually abuse children/pedophiles" with things like burglary, arson, robbery, assault, and rape. All these are illegal and perpetrators are punished. But why do people perpetrate to begin with if the law punishes perpetrators?

Old 03-28-2021, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Get a grip people. No one is coming for your guns.
Some
Democrats would disagree with you.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timonium View Post
At the very minimum an AR-15 ban since they are used in pretty much every mass shooting.

The mouth breathers will come back with well hand guns kill the most. Yes they kill the most in BAD, usually ghetto neighborhoods.

These mass shootings are in nice areas where you don't expect any kind of crime of that magnitude. That's the difference.

The AR-15 especially is the gun because you can mow down so many more people.

Australia hasnt had a mass shooting since their ban
I don't think you know what a mass shooting is defined as, nor do you know what kind of firearm is used most often in the U.S. in criminal homicides.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:36 PM

462 posts, read 205,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Naturally, someone with the mindset to blow away ten shoppers in a grocery store, isn't the kind of person who would obey new laws saying you can't buy the kind of gun he used. Only people who obey laws, would be affected by it. And they're not the ones causing the problem.

Never mind that the last so-called "Assault Weapons Ban" had no effect on the murder rate when it was in effect. Apparently Biden thinks it worked so well, that he wants to do it again.

Like a trained dog that salivates when you ring a bell, whenever some criminals nutcase shoots innocent people, the liberals react by restricting the guns of law-abiding citizens.

Remind me again, why we keep voting the trained dogs into office?
Has anybody even asked Joe Biden whether he actually expects his new "gun control" laws to be obeyed by people who don't obey laws?

And whether he really thinks laws that restrict only the law-abiding, will help control muggers, robbers, home invaders, and murderers?

Old 03-28-2021, 08:23 PM
Status: "I've got a fightin' side a mile wide but I pray for peace" (set 9 days ago)

14,436 posts, read 9,517,868 times
Do you remember?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_LEfNFMAys

and for ships and giggles...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-mztxHgYQo

Old 03-29-2021, 04:37 AM

764 posts, read 231,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
So everyone needs to pack heat when venturing outside to protect themselves from mentally ill mass shooters?
Explain how a registry protects you from mass shooters...…… or anything else for that matter. Be specific and go in depth.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:44 PM

134 posts, read 346,241 times
Banning assault rifles will save lives plain and simple. If anyone doesn't believe that, take your head out of the sand.

Old 03-29-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by insertusernamehere View Post
Banning assault rifles will save lives plain and simple. If anyone doesn't believe that, take your head out of the sand.
But they are used far less often than knives and handguns every single year in the U.S. in criminal homicides.

Do you also favor the banning of handguns and of knives? If yes, have fun slicing your steak or filleting your fish with a spoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies