Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 02:46 AM

8,549 posts, read 10,971,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
They were completely duped by the Democrat-owned media.
But there is a limit, and he's begging for a landslide loss @ midterms, same as 2010.
No, what he is begging for is to be put in the crosshairs of some gun enthusiast out to put an end to this beyond foolish president, and I believe it will happen.

I have had a strong feeling that both he and the vice president will be assassinated.
I have felt this for quite a while, and believe it will happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 03:06 AM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Shouldn't be confiscating much of anything without a warrant.
Too bad, this is what America voted for.

America liberals allowed its hatred of Trump's "tell it like it is" persona blind them to a man they didn't truly understand: Dementia Joe.

Old 03-25-2021, 03:29 AM

24,615 posts, read 9,446,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I have had a strong feeling that both he and the vice president will be assassinated.
Unless its by its own security, not likely. What's more likely would be mass protests.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:55 AM

18,454 posts, read 7,085,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
And then I do some more research, and even the ACLU tells me that I'm wrong and that this is a bigger deal than I thought it was.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...ly%20Brief.pdf

Reps for not only admitting when you're wrong, but actually doing the legwork to back it up.

Pretty rare around here.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:59 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulsa View Post
As usual in this forum, this case is not as exactly as it is described. It's a very narrow case based on a specific situation where someone calls the police on their own family.

1) The police were invited into the house by the homeowner (the wife).
2) The police did not search the house. The wife, who had called the police, voluntarily handed over the guns.

Here's is the Supreme Court's website link to this case.
https://www.supremecourt.gov/search....ic/20-157.html
https://www.supremecourt.gov/DocketP...ci%20Brief.pdf

The short story is that the husband and wife were arguing and the wife went to a motel because her husband had gotten out a gun and told her to shoot him.
She called the police the next day asked for a wellness check on him, and she accompanied them back to the house and let them into her house.
The police decided the man was unstable but did not arrest him. They convinced the man to voluntarily go to the hospital. However they told the man they would not take his guns. After the man left, the police asked the wife for his guns and told the wife the husband had agreed to give them up, but that was a lie.
She then got the guns and handed them over.

However, as I understand it, the police asking the wife for the guns is technically a search but is also a legal search.
And, being invited into a house by the homeowner is technically a warrantless entry but is also entirely legal
But this is not a case of the police kicking in the door because they are suspicious and ransacking the house. That was not allowed before this case and it won't be allowed after this case no matter how the Supreme Court rules on this case.
Excellent points that many on this thread have not taken the time to read and as you indicated an overly simplistic title and summary by the OP.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:23 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,441,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
No Sheriff would comply with such lunacy, which is a fatal flaw in the liberal "thought process".

Those who would be charged with firearm confiscation oppose such measures and would ignore the orders.
Well, I would not say this is entirely true. For the most part at the present time, yes. But don't discount the decades of Leftist propaganda to start taking affect on recruits. Plus, I would not put it past the Left to purposely infiltrate the ranks to sow discord. Democrats already have "training centers" where they teach leftists how to be good democrats and make all the leftist's arguments. Also, I think history has taught us that ordinary people can do some crazy things with the right (or wrong in this case) influencer.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:36 AM

9,372 posts, read 6,973,951 times
Are they fuggin nuts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies