Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2021, 05:59 PM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Not talking about a '200 mpg carburetor...Im talking about an entirely 'solid state, magnetic drive system'...that can pull power right out of the air.

***Here is a little tip if you want to find this kind of information...pay close attention to and read research papers from the top Universities.

Plus, look up the criteria the patent office uses to determine whether or not to exercise the 'Invention Secrecy Act' (which is still in force today)
We need the ion drive like they used to get to the planet Ultra.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:03 PM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Why do they have no transmission as combustion vehicles?

https://carfromjapan.com/article/ind...nsmission%20is.

More horse and buggy stuff..... sometimes I think others are the OLD ONES even though I am in my 60s and read some of these statements as if we do not use oil for gasoline or even fuel in general.... all will fall out and the World Economy crash like instantly?

Well any change is far more gradual for one.... still PEOPLE.... REALIZE OIL IS NOT ENDLESS AND HAS SO MANY OTHER USES NO WINDMILLS OR SOLAR PANELS OR NUCLEAR CAN REPLACE OR NATURAL GAS.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/m...the-rest-does/

From link.

- A mere 46% of oil is used to make gasoline, while the rest goes to help make a variety of other useful products.

The other 54% of oil is used...

- to make most over-the-counter medicines, various cleaning products, some rubber, tons of cosmetics, many lubricants and most of the world’s asphalt.
- Virtually all plastic, and every product made from or containing plastic, ultimately comes from oil. Out of every 42-gallon barrel of oil, 22.6 gallons is used to make products other than gasoline.
- Petroleum is used to make numerous everyday products including tape, petroleum jelly, bandages, toothpaste, insect repellent, contact lenses, computers, paint, fertilizer and many other things used in everyday life. Over 6,000 different products are made from oil.
- Gasoline isn’t even the only way to use oil for fuel.
- In 2014, 21% of fuel oil was used as heating oils or diesel, and another 8% was used to create jet fuel, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA).

Even Nylon or Polyester fabrics come mostly from Petroleum.... there are some uses from coal and plant based too. This is under the Plastic %'s I believe above.....

CLEARLY FOLKS..... THERE IS MUCH MORE TO USE OIL FOR .... EVEN IF EVERY FREAKING CAR OTHER THEN YOUR 4-WHEELER and DIRT-BIKE WAS ELECTRIC..... Clearly, there are types of vehicles for terrains, good ole boy fun and just if a lighter weight vehicle has to be used as more agile.

All this is over years and decades. So PLEEEZE. DON'T FALL PREY TO CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN EVERYTHING. IT IS INEVITABLE AS BIG OIL DIVERSIFIED TO PROTECT ITSELF.
Setting a GOAL as a date when the goal is a % hitting EV etc..... is what any Family Sets for their Goals, Finances, Savings and Retirement.

The Biden Administration set goals for rolling out the Vaccines and 40 states are ahead of it..... mandates are setting goals that unless found to be unrealistic? Then they can be altered as they are not written in stone and life or death.

We FAIL those of us WHO DO NOT SET GOALS OF REACHING SOMETHING IN LIFE..... Same in BUSINESS and INVESTING ETC.... EV is just another aspect of EVOLUTION that IS A GOAL and IF THE WORLD DOES AND WE DO NOT???? well that is KIND OF STUPID.
I'll bet you're a riot at parties

Old 03-25-2021, 02:38 AM

1,803 posts, read 936,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'll bet you're a riot at parties
I'm old and use common sense..... EV is here and hey and my 80-yr old step-father with a Tesla says hello........ he has more torque then you and showed me how it is done.... You are right.... I was boring when young and now at nearly 62 I CAN be a life of a party if I choose.... finally in life in my REAL puberty again +++ .... You live and learn and every stage in life is about learning something.

You choose to keep your head in the sand.... well it is what it is. You find the World ain't gonna revolve around you or some Politician.

Last edited by NoHyping; 03-25-2021 at 02:47 AM..

Old 03-25-2021, 03:13 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'd say most cars will be electric by 2035...Resistance is futile. Think of the money we'll save.

If electricity costs $0.13 per kWh and the vehicle consumes 33 kWh to travel 100 miles, the cost per mile is about $0.04. If electricity costs $0.13 per kilowatt-hour, charging an EV with a 200-mile range (assuming a fully depleted 66 kWh battery) will cost about $9 to reach a full charge.

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/e...search-report/
you need the infrastructure to charge these EV cars. For example, where do you plan to charge your EV overnight if you live in apartment or condo?

or they have to make EV cars that be charged 100% in less than 1 minute at charging stations.

you also need to upgrade powergrid to handle all the EVs

Old 03-25-2021, 04:45 AM

603 posts, read 573,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
Everyone will need a windmill jill to charge their new EV's.
Everyone is going to be assigned an exercise bicycle they have to ride to charge their EV. This will make everyone healthier and cut costs for government run health care while simultaneously saving the planet from "climate change" allowing the communists to achieve two of their fever dreams simultaneously.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:46 AM

30,436 posts, read 21,271,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movingrightalong... View Post
Everyone is going to be assigned an exercise bicycle they have to ride to charge their EV. This will make everyone healthier and cut costs for government run health care while simultaneously saving the planet from "climate change" allowing the communists to achieve two of their fever dreams simultaneously.
If it saves money honey i am all for it. I only need to charge mine once a month anyways.

Old 03-25-2021, 04:49 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,578,274 times
Quote:
Why do these people think Electric vehicles is -- horse and buggy?
Exactly.

I can't imagine the shallowness of thought required to believe setting goals for the inevitable evolution away from gas powered cars = a return to horse and buggies.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:00 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,391,611 times
Quote:
Why do they have no transmission as combustion vehicles?

https://carfromjapan.com/article/ind...nsmission%20is.

More horse and buggy stuff..... sometimes I think others are the OLD ONES even though I am in my 60s and read some of these statements as if we do not use oil for gasoline or even fuel in general.... all will fall out and the World Economy crash like instantly?

Well any change is far more gradual for one.... still PEOPLE.... REALIZE OIL IS NOT ENDLESS AND HAS SO MANY OTHER USES NO WINDMILLS OR SOLAR PANELS OR NUCLEAR CAN REPLACE OR NATURAL GAS.

https://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/m...the-rest-does/

From link.

- A mere 46% of oil is used to make gasoline, while the rest goes to help make a variety of other useful products.

The other 54% of oil is used...

- to make most over-the-counter medicines, various cleaning products, some rubber, tons of cosmetics, many lubricants and most of the world’s asphalt.
- Virtually all plastic, and every product made from or containing plastic, ultimately comes from oil. Out of every 42-gallon barrel of oil, 22.6 gallons is used to make products other than gasoline.
- Petroleum is used to make numerous everyday products including tape, petroleum jelly, bandages, toothpaste, insect repellent, contact lenses, computers, paint, fertilizer and many other things used in everyday life. Over 6,000 different products are made from oil.
- Gasoline isn’t even the only way to use oil for fuel.
- In 2014, 21% of fuel oil was used as heating oils or diesel, and another 8% was used to create jet fuel, according to the Energy Information Administration (EIA).

Even Nylon or Polyester fabrics come mostly from Petroleum.... there are some uses from coal and plant based too. This is under the Plastic %'s I believe above.....

CLEARLY FOLKS..... THERE IS MUCH MORE TO USE OIL FOR .... EVEN IF EVERY FREAKING CAR OTHER THEN YOUR 4-WHEELER and DIRT-BIKE WAS ELECTRIC..... Clearly, there are types of vehicles for terrains, good ole boy fun and just if a lighter weight vehicle has to be used as more agile.

All this is over years and decades. So PLEEEZE. DON'T FALL PREY TO CONSPIRACY THEORIES IN EVERYTHING. IT IS INEVITABLE AS BIG OIL DIVERSIFIED TO PROTECT ITSELF.
Setting a GOAL as a date when the goal is a % hitting EV etc..... is what any Family Sets for their Goals, Finances, Savings and Retirement.

The Biden Administration set goals for rolling out the Vaccines and 40 states are ahead of it..... mandates are setting goals that unless found to be unrealistic? Then they can be altered as they are not written in stone and life or death.

We FAIL those of us WHO DO NOT SET GOALS OF REACHING SOMETHING IN LIFE..... Same in BUSINESS and INVESTING ETC.... EV is just another aspect of EVOLUTION that IS A GOAL and IF THE WORLD DOES AND WE DO NOT???? well that is KIND OF STUPID.
That's a lot of hype.

Old 03-25-2021, 05:26 AM

45,227 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
I'm old and use common sense..... EV is here and hey and my 80-yr old step-father with a Tesla says hello........ he has more torque then you and showed me how it is done.... You are right.... I was boring when young and now at nearly 62 I CAN be a life of a party if I choose.... finally in life in my REAL puberty again +++ .... You live and learn and every stage in life is about learning something.

You choose to keep your head in the sand.... well it is what it is. You find the World ain't gonna revolve around you or some Politician.
Im not opposed to EV's , I'm opposed to having them forced on us.

Old 03-25-2021, 06:01 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,729,131 times
Quote:

How much snow can you push with that EV?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies