Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 11:03 PM

1,503 posts, read 607,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Electric cars are the future and car manufacturers know that.
EVs are highly inconvenient toys as of right now. The only reason they are produced now are politicians forcing them. In short - ICEs are taxed through the roof in Europe, and seems like things will be going same direction here. Free market? US govt never heard about this concept.

And yes, Tesla is junk - at the bottom of each and every reliability chart. Musk just doesn't have a clue how to make cars. He is genius crook that knows how to hype the sheeple, but that's it.

You see, if product is good, it doesn't need to be stuffed down your throat by some idiotic law. The very existence of such a law means that EVs are junk - at least right now.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:13 PM

32,065 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanonka View Post
EVs are highly inconvenient toys as of right now. The only reason they are produced now are politicians forcing them. In short - ICEs are taxed through the roof in Europe, and seems like things will be going same direction here. Free market? US govt never heard about this concept.

And yes, Tesla is junk - at the bottom of each and every reliability chart. Musk just doesn't have a clue how to make cars. He is genius crook that knows how to hype the sheeple, but that's it.

You see, if product is good, it doesn't need to be stuffed down your throat by some idiotic law. The very existence of such a law means that EVs are junk - at least right now.
Well get used to them being produced even more. We've had a volt for years. I can't tell you how much we save on gas.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Well get used to them being produced even more. We've had a volt for years. I can't tell you how much we save on gas.
If you use bicycle instead of EV, you'd save even more.
Why don't you use bike?
And if you just walk everywhere instead of biking, or, god forbid, driving (even EV), you would pay nothing at all!
Exciting, isn't it?

Old 03-25-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
If you use bicycle instead of EV, you'd save even more.
Why don't you use bike?
And if you just walk everywhere instead of biking, or, god forbid, driving (even EV), you would pay nothing at all!
Exciting, isn't it?
Well my husband travels two hours each day going to work and back. How much time do you think he would save if he rode a bike. I can't imagine anyone wearing a suit on a bike. He saves on gas and pays hardly anything in electricity. Yes, very exciting having an electric car.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:34 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Electric cars are the future and car manufacturers know that.
Yep.

My next car will likely be electric, preferably a Subaru and used.

I am in no hurry.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:37 PM

33,543 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:

Please provide a link these laws? Seems to me that car makers see the writing on the wall and are doing this on their own....For instance Ford has announced that they will be producing only EVs by 2035.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yep.

I am in no hurry.
Subaru's first EV is due to arrive summer of 2022....I currently drive a Forester and was wondering if and when they would start building electric.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Yep.

I am in no hurry.
No need to rush. And Subaru is awesome. I always buy used. My husband leases.

Old 03-25-2021, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Please provide a link these laws? Seems to me that car makers see the writing on the wall and are doing this on their own....For instance Ford has announced that they will be producing only EVs by 2035.
For example:
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...2-fines-europe

Nobody can stand up against idiots in government.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:16 AM

Quote:
For example:
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...2-fines-europe

Nobody can stand up against idiots in government.
Europe? That where you live?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies