Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2021, 07:08 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,265,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioaninsc View Post
Carter: D- (Terrible inflation, Iran, Gas Shortages not much went right)
Reagan: C- (Won the Cold War, and granted Amnesty to millions but Cut taxes way too much causing debt for the first time)
Bush Sr: C+ (Built a great coalition and beat Iraq saving Kuwait...but continued trickle down economics tanking the economy...made a terrible decision wasting military blood sweat and tears in Mogadishu Somalia)
Clinton: A- (Raised taxes on wealthy, balanced the budget...biggest blemish was signing DOMA and instituting Don't Ask Don't Tell)
W Bush: F (Foolishly started 2 never ending wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, using lies to start the one war and using the pretense of going after the criminal terrorists that hit is on 9/11 when his intel agencies failed us...he pushed for the Patriot Act, totally botched the response to Hurricane Katrina, cut taxes to the wealthy which increased our deficit massively...and for the final part, saw the worst economy since the great depression)
Obama: B (Economically was able to help get us back on track even w/ a GOP Congress and Senate in total lockstep against him..ended Don't Ask Don't Tell...Protected the Dreamers...Increased access to Health Insurance...mistakes though were made as I thought his response to the Gulf Oil Spill was lackluster, the worst environmental disaster in US History...he failed to follow through w/ campaign promise to close Gitmo...after he got Bin Laden, he failed to end the war in Afghanistan)
Trump: F (Increased our debt by needlessly cutting taxes for the wealthy...appointed 3 terrible SCOTUS justices...ripped apart a lot of smart environmental regulations and gutted the EPA, pulled out of the Paris Climate Accords...started a trade war w/ China...and totally failed response to COVID and to several big hurricanes...lied about a stolen election and incited an insurrection)
Biden: C- thus far (Has been boring but overturned many of Trump's worst Executive Orders at lease...but F'd up the w/drawal of Afghanistan.)
Clinton balanced the budget the way he did everything else...with smoke and mirrors.... he left office with way more debt on the books than when he came into office. You have been fooled on that one.

Trump did the best job and had the most difficult situation of any president ever..... fought the swamp almost singlehandedly..... despite massive opposition from the media and the democrats trying to get rid of him from day one. I won't give him an A - but it's a solid B. If he had 4 more years that grade might have gone up.

Biden is an F minus, enough said. He's a debacle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2021, 07:10 PM

235 posts, read 115,251 times
I’m gonna start at Johnson because I want to but I wasn’t born in his time however have digged through history recently

Johnson: B
Nixon: B
Ford: C
Carter: A- (Underrated and arguably one of the best presidents in the 20th century)
Regan: C
Bush 1: A-
Clinton: B-
Bush 2: D+
Obama: B-
Trump: C-
Biden: To early to tell, currently maybe C+

Old 08-29-2021, 07:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
It's report card time: give an A-F grade to every U.S. president that has served in your lifetime.

George H Bush: B (was president when I was born so don't remember firsthand. Grade is based on what I know about him)

Bill Clinton: A (very energetic, likeable, moderate, great speaker, only controversy was the Monica Lewinsky thing)

George W. Bush: B (A bit on the dull side compared to Clinton but effective in getting the job done. He handled 9-11 effectively. Economy did take a downturn during the second half of his second term though).

Obama: C- (Very good speaker with lots of energy. I would have given him a B during his actual term but now I can see how he sowed the seeds for the radical leftist groups like BLM)

Trump: C (Too brash and controversial for the role but effective in getting some things done. Should have gone a little more moderate with Covid than flat out denying it which led the backlash of the left continuing to go even harder with the lockdowns in Blue states. His plan of re-opening the economy was far better in practice because the lockdowns failed to stop Covid. Problem was his personality and our leftist media polarized the country into two groups which worked against him paving the way for....)

Biden so far: D (Too dull, problem is he's looks so non-threatening due to his docility but he's not really in charge. Just as the the P isn't pronounced in "Psaki", the "P" in president Biden should not be pronounced either: it's "RESIDENT Biden" with the leftists pulling the strings.

JFK B
LBJ F
Nixon C+
Ford D
Carter D
Reagan A-
Bush I D+
Clinton F
Bush II C+
Obama F
Trump A-
Biden F-

Old 08-29-2021, 07:27 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Johnson. D
Nixon. C-
Ford. B
Carter. C-
Reagan. B-
Bush sr. C+
Clinton C-
Bush Jr. C-
Obama. C
Trump. B
Biden. C-

Old 08-29-2021, 07:47 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Nixon --- F, even w/o Watergate he's still a D (his support for the Clean Air and Water Act, of high long-term importance, saves him from an F)

Ford ---- D+/C- (the Republican Jimmy Carter, basically)

Carter -- D+ on foreign and domestic (good man on world stage but ineffectual. Also poor leadership on domestic front)

Reagan - C to C+ (B- on Foreign policy for bringing an end to the Cold War. Could have been an A- had he done more to
directly confront human rights abuses abroad; D on Domestic policy, especially long-term effects of it).

Bush -- C+ (A+ on Foreign Policy, but D+ on Domestic due to being essentially Reagan Part II)

Clinton -- overall, B- on both foreign and domestic (could have been an A- at least were it not for his support for the crime bill that played into the 'superpredator' scare).

GW Bush -- D on both foreign and domestic

Obama -- (C on foreign policy, could have been a B+ if he followed through on his "red line" threat; B+/A- on domestic, shepherded economy out of recession, and his bailouts probably did prevent an outright Depression, should have extended at least partial mortgage relief to homeowners drowning in debts, plus should have tightened financial regulations further. Also supported Amazon in SCOTUS lawsuit brought by workers against Amazon, classic corporatist democrat)

Trump -- F+ at best on domestic policy (his only good point is leaving the Transpacific Partnership, the giveaway to corporations that it is; poisoned the social and political culture in ways too numerous to mention here); Foreign policy, F (between insulting allies and Kowtowing to Putin, and almost starting a war with Iran, this speaks for itself).

Biden -- Too early to tell.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:51 PM

956 posts, read 510,635 times
Ronald Reagan: A-

George Bush Sr: A-

Bill Clinton: B-

Clinton seemed more like a populist and about himself, but he was moderate and economy was good and he knew how to work with congress.

George Bush Jr. B-

Seemed like a good man and had good economic policies. Yeah maybe he created the housing bubble, but it burst and kept prices reasonable and flat for sometime while I saved to pay cash for my own place living with parents. SO cannot complain. Though maybe without the housing bubble ever starting I still would have been able to as prices may never have had to crash and would have been flat or only gradually gone up as they historically have before 2000. Though much depends on area and if prices rose too fast in my area where as nationally they did not without a bubble to burst and flatline them for 3 years, I may have been in trouble without the crash of home prices if there were no bubble??

Barack Obama: C:

He was charismatic and really seemed like a good guy and had command of the facts. Hated Obama Care mandate, but was not so bad other than that.

Donald Trump: B-

He did a lot of good things and got things done prior to covid that were America first. Could have done without mean tweets and acting like a jerk, but they were not so bad. However his response and messaging about covid was very bad. Plus he wanted negative interest rates and anyone who wants that gets a knock down as I am a saver and hate anything that would charge me to store money in bank account. Otherwise Trump actually was very very good besides the negative interest rate desire (And maybe lack of understanding deficit) and his messaging to public about covid. Also the insurrection and his own ego prevented him from possibly being great like Reagan or the 1st George Bush

Joe Biden: F

What else needs to be said. He is tone death with dementia and a puppet for the super left to push him around. Its terrifying!! He has been a trainwreck thus far and I do not see that changing.

Old 08-29-2021, 07:57 PM

57,281 posts, read 26,206,502 times
George W. Bush a B? What does it take to get an F. Didn’t he get us into two 20 year wars.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:02 PM

1,969 posts, read 676,184 times
Trump gets a B+ (would have been A without the massive pushback from the swamp and 2 terms). The rest are Fs from Clinton on down.

Old 08-29-2021, 08:04 PM

8,181 posts, read 2,792,492 times
So many different factors to grade on, but basically grading overall performance:

Bush I: P (I was too young)
Clinton: B- (shouldn't have lied about the sex scandal)
Bush II: C-/D (Iraq, subprime)
Obama: C+/B- (articulate, left office with the economy better than when he started but that wasn't hard)
Trump: C+ (mean tweets but seemed to be able to keep China in check. Squabbling with allies was just dumb)
Biden: F (COVID, Afghanistan......wtf?)

Old 08-29-2021, 08:11 PM

1,601 posts, read 867,225 times
Carter: D+ (weak and ineffectual, you wouldn't ever guess he'd served in the Navy if they didn't tell you so)

Reagan: A- (Won the cold war, and sometimes I read about PATCO when I've had a hard day and need a good laugh/warm fuzzies before going to bed, called the great communicator for a reason)

Bush Sr.: C+ (A little too Washington establishment for his own good and came off as unsympathetic during a moderately nasty recession)

Clinton: B+ (Yeah, he is what he is personally, but a very skilled politician, and for the most part he knew to get out of the way when things were going good, and the 90's were awesome)

Bush Jr.: B- (better than his dad, and not nearly the Nazi that the left portrayed him to be, but still came off like a slightly dim frat guy)

Obama: C- (the beginning of our great decline, and elected largely because of the color of his skin and with a great deal of cover from the media, everybody's great hope and disappointment to most)

Trump: B (great policies, and the fighter we all needed, but his combative nature was also his downfall, rates higher after experiencing what came after)

Biden: F (I mean, when you elect someone who should obviously be in assisted living somewhere, what do you expect?)

This was fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies