Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 06:34 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times

Advertisements

Carter- F+
Reagan- A+
Bush Sr- B+
Clinton-C
Bush Jr- C-
Obama-F
Trump- A+
Biden-F-

Carter should be grateful that Obama, and now Biden have easily surpassed him as the worst potus's ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 11:29 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
100 of America's most notable historians rated the presidents, I'll defer to their wisdom. This aligns with my views, Reagan was my favorite followed by George H. Bush.

President Overall Rankings
Ronald Reagan 9
Barack Obama 10
George H. W. Bush 21
Jimmy Carter 26
George W. Bush 29
Donald J. Trump 41

https://www.c-span.org/presidentsurv.../?page=overall
You may choose to defer to their wisdom, but I won't. All of us, myself included, have rated the presidents according to whether they advanced or opposed the agendas that we favor. It stands to reason that, if most notable historians are liberal (which I'm betting they are), they're going to rank liberal presidents better than conservative presidents, all else being equal.

Incidentally, if you take their list and distribute the presidents into groups of 9, and score them such that 1-9 is an A, 10-18 is a B, and so on -- and this is purely a mental exercise on my part, these historians have made no such distinction, to my knowledge -- here's how the presidents that most of us have been talking about would be scored:

Kennedy: A
Johnson: B
Nixon: D
Ford: D
Carter: C
Reagan: A
Bush (1): C
Clinton: C
Bush (2): D
Obama: B
Trump: F
Biden: not yet rated

Note that the 6 Republicans are scored A, C, D, D, D, and F, for an overall GPA of 1.5. The 5 Democrats are scored A, B, B, C, and C, for an overall GPA of 2.8. This should tell you where their biases lie.

Old 09-01-2021, 11:34 AM

1,912 posts, read 1,129,371 times
Nixon: Don’t remember
Ford: Don’t remember
Carter: I remember instructions to tie yellow ribbons around trees to show support for hostages in Iran. Thus C as President (but A+ as a person).
Reagan: A+
Bush I: B-. Reasonable but checked out.
Clinton: B-. Reasonable but a slimeball liar.
Bush II: C.
Obama: D-. Marxist ideologue, hateful.
Trump: F. There was actually someone worse than Obama!
Biden: So far, D.

Old 09-01-2021, 12:57 PM

831 posts, read 333,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Since you believe that Biden stole the election, you lose all credibility and none of your other opinions matter. People who simply can't accept the results of a free and fair election show they are out of touch with reality.
If that helps you sleep at night you go right ahead. As for me I haven't cared about an anonymous person on the internet's opinion in well...ever.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:12 PM

17,391 posts, read 16,532,427 times
Is Biden a President or a Dictator?

As a President he would get an F-------. As a budding Dictator he would get a C-/D+.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:29 PM

9,509 posts, read 4,342,349 times
Eisenhower - too young to recall
Kennedy - too young to recall
LBJ - too young to recall
Nixon - B - his transgressions seem quaint by today's standards
Carter - F - Great human being, terrible POTUS
Reagan - C - It could have been much worse
HW Bush - B+
Clinton - C - POS human being, OK POTUS. He laid the foundation for the 2005 housing collapse, "fixed" welfare by moving everyone to SSD, but did eventually learn to compromise with the Repubs, which is more than I can say for subsequent Dems.
GW Bush - B
Obama - F
Trump - A - dis-likable, but isn't afflicted with idiot idealism like Dems.

Biden - Z - An unmitigated disaster on every front. Truly horrible.

Old 09-01-2021, 01:40 PM

16,556 posts, read 10,630,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Since you believe that Biden stole the election, you lose all credibility and none of your other opinions matter. People who simply can't accept the results of a free and fair election show they are out of touch with reality.
You mean the people who kept saying that Trump's election in 2016 was illegitimate?

Old 09-14-2021, 09:25 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,088,791 times
Gottta love that nitwit Bush going on TV 9-11 and comparing his people who went into the Capital building in January to the thugs his administration allowed to fly planes into buildings.

For those who don't know, I am a far-right conservative (the first presidential election I ever could vote in was 2000, and I voted for that empty suit - the most disappointing vote I have ever cast, in hindsight) and I think Dybya was an absolute disgrace.

I think him and Obama did more damage to this nation than the majority of rest of the presidents combined, to be clear.

Old 09-14-2021, 09:33 AM

6,476 posts, read 6,449,563 times
Trump gets a good D grade I guess. Maybe D-. D+ if im generous. Obama a B I guess. Biden hasnt done 1 year yet, let alone 4, his grade is an "I" for incomplete. I cant think of any president, past or present who gets an A. Presidents dont have unilateral control so people acting like the state of the country hinges on them is funny. Congress clearly has more power, most presidents have screwed up at least something.

Old 09-14-2021, 02:08 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkingOutsideTheBox View Post
It's report card time: give an A-F grade to every U.S. president that has served in your lifetime.

George H Bush: B (was president when I was born so don't remember firsthand. Grade is based on what I know about him)

Bill Clinton: A (very energetic, likeable, moderate, great speaker, only controversy was the Monica Lewinsky thing)

George W. Bush: B (A bit on the dull side compared to Clinton but effective in getting the job done. He handled 9-11 effectively. Economy did take a downturn during the second half of his second term though).

Obama: C- (Very good speaker with lots of energy. I would have given him a B during his actual term but now I can see how he sowed the seeds for the radical leftist groups like BLM)

Trump: C (Too brash and controversial for the role but effective in getting some things done. Should have gone a little more moderate with Covid than flat out denying it which led the backlash of the left continuing to go even harder with the lockdowns in Blue states. His plan of re-opening the economy was far better in practice because the lockdowns failed to stop Covid. Problem was his personality and our leftist media polarized the country into two groups which worked against him paving the way for....)

Biden so far: D (Too dull, problem is he's looks so non-threatening due to his docility but he's not really in charge. Just as the the P isn't pronounced in "Psaki", the "P" in president Biden should not be pronounced either: it's "RESIDENT Biden" with the leftists pulling the strings.

Kennedy B Space program, good economy, cut taxes, civil rights. Began involvement in Vietnam. Avoided nuclear war.

Johnson D Escalated Vietnam. "Great Society" welfare state ruined black America. Immigration ruined under Johnson.

Nixon C Stopped Vietnam. Balanced the Budge. Opened China (a negative) and started fiat currency.

Ford C Just continued Nixon's policies

Carter D- Staglfation, Iran Hostage Crisis, Energy Crisis- national malaise akin to Biden. Father of radical Islam. An honest man, however, who actually loved his country.

Reagan A Saved the US. Restored the economy, national pride, and ushered in the tech age. No major wars

Bush C Bungled everything Reagan had gifted him.

Clinton C- Ruined the nation via NAFTA, China trade status. Started the grifter "pay for play" presidents. Made 9/11 possible

Bush D Started two wars, bungled the economy, bungled 9/11. A RINO if there ever was one.

Obama D Hated America. The division in America increased dramatically under Obama. Bungled economy and foreign policy- was a lazy amateur who favored radical Islam and despised everything good about America. Let the Chinese do whatever they wanted. Attacked the energy sector and lost manufacturing. Presided over worst recovery from recession due to job killing policy and raising taxes.

Trump A Loved America. Restored the economy, stabilized Afghanistan and Iraq, held the Chinese accountable, crime was low, checked the insanity of liberalism, built a wall, respected immigration laws. Opposed liberal attacks on the nation and the Constitution. Created energy independence.

Biden F - Open borders, Rising inflation, Bungled Afghanistan, created a new terrorist state, killed the energy sector, A CCP puppet, took bribes from China and The Ukraine, is demented, bungled Covid, imported terrorists without vetting, allowed Milley to conspire with the CCP, instituted the first American coup in 2020 election fraud.

Bad news- Biden's "F" is only going to get worse.

Too bad dems aren't like Kennedy and Truman. They have evolved into America hating, incompetent fools. The only presidents to rival the dems in incompetence were Bush I and II. Bush I only gets higher ratings, as he perpetuated some of Reagan's policies.

Last edited by hawkeye2009; 09-14-2021 at 02:25 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies