Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 06:48 AM

7,927 posts, read 3,469,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNotChooseLife View Post
I don't know, I feel like Trump was a great decision maker. His private sector leadership experience really helped prepare him for office in terms of making decisions. He is the only Potus I can remember actually taking on China in terms of trade, and trying to bring back manufacturing. I think it's important that we manufacture products like steel here in the US. Nobody jacked around with us on the global stage either when he was in office, and he didn't get us involved in unnecessary conflict. I think foreign leaders were scared of him because literally nobody misbehaved on his watch. He was able to move fast and get things done because he wasn't hindered by ideology. It sounds like you are blaming him for Covid happening? Really?

I was grading on performance by the way, couldn't care less about personality. Almost everyone was trying to derail his agenda, even republicans hated him, but he still managed to have a productive presidency. And no, I'm not a conservative.
Well covid did come out of China just at the point where Trump's hard line with them on trade was starting to bear fruit, so maybe indirectly Trump is to blame for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 07:03 AM

4,716 posts, read 8,576,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FearNotChooseLife View Post
I don't know, I feel like Trump was a great decision maker. His private sector leadership experience really helped prepare him for office in terms of making decisions. He is the only Potus I can remember actually taking on China in terms of trade, and trying to bring back manufacturing. I think it's important that we manufacture products like steel here in the US. Nobody jacked around with us on the global stage either when he was in office, and he didn't get us involved in unnecessary conflict. I think foreign leaders were scared of him because literally nobody misbehaved on his watch. He was able to move fast and get things done because he wasn't hindered by ideology. It sounds like you are blaming him for Covid happening? Really?
Do you remember the Trans Pacific Partnership? It was an anti-China capitalist’s wet dream where most of the biggest and wealthiest countries around the Pacific were going to form a trade bloc that specifically excluded China. It would even allow international corporations to sue national governments for making business-unfriendly legislation. The whole idea of this was to get corporations to move supply chains out of China. It had bi-partisan support. Trump unilaterally withdrew and started a tariff war with China instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
Well covid did come out of China just at the point where Trump's hard line with them on trade was starting to bear fruit, so maybe indirectly Trump is to blame for it.
We had boots on the ground in China working to suppress infectious diseases there until 2018...

Old 09-15-2021, 07:07 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
They have all been Ds or Fs in my lifetime. Reagan got the ball Rolling into mediocrity, Clinton destroyed us with NAFTA. Bush SR was probably the best we had. We are still paying for dubyas failures 20 years later. Obama was a community organizer. Not a president. Trump was in over his head and Biden has dementia. Not exactly many winners to choose from

We probably haven’t had a quality president since 1950s or 1960’s

Old 09-15-2021, 07:14 AM

1,187 posts, read 995,380 times
Going Backwards so I can try and remember better

Biden - F so far
Trump - B+
Obama - C- but only because Biden is making him look better
Bush - C-
Clinton - B-
Bush SR - D+ but only because Biden is making him look better
Regan - B+
Carter - D- by only because Biden is making him look Better
Ford - D- He did that by himself
Nixon - B- yes Watergate was bad, but his foreign policies were much better and most of the presidents after him came to him for advice. So suck it.

BTW I've been registered as all parties, except the Green party. I am currently unaffiliated, though I do consider myself conservative with libertarian tendencies. So make of that what you want.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:15 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
I'm including my evaluation of the man as well as the job performance.

JFK-D. Sexual predator. Seen as weak by our enemies, leading to the Cuban Missile Crisis. Abandoned those we promised to support at the Bay of Pigs. Sent Americans to die in VN with no clear goal or mission. Not an F due to some degree of common sense on tax policy and the fact that he served in the military (even though he got his boat run over by an enemy ship due to poor leadership). And leadership of the space program.

LBJ-F. Increased involvement with VN, with rules of engagement that sacrificed the lives of American servicemen, particularly pilots. Banned attacks on enemy air fields and SAM shipments. Pervert that whipped his namesake out in the WH in front of a crowd. Disastrous "great society" policy that destroyed families, particularly black ones, and lead to the welfare/ghetto society in our urban areas.

Nixon-C. Got us out of VN, opened relations with China (for better or worse). Would be a better grade if not for Watergate.

Ford-C. Pretty much a place holder, but generally a smart man.

Carter-C. Terrible leader, weak and an embarrassment on the international scene, horrible economy. Only a C due to military service and the fact that he was generally a decent man, just in the wrong place.

Reagan-B. Great, respected leader. Speeches and drive were inspiring. Defeated the Soviet Union and ended the Cold War. Generally decent economic positions, but too willing to compromise with the left, raise taxes and increase social spending. Terrible leadership as far as protecting our borders. Great man as far as how he treated his wife.

GHWB-C. Much like Ford, a placeholder with few thoughts of his own. Raised taxes. Passed restrictive gun laws. As high as a C again due to military service, leadership in Gulf War I and treated his wife decently. Probably should be a D or F due to selling out to Democrats due to his hatred of Trump's success.

Bubba (Clinton)-F. Rapist and sexual predator. Dot-com crash. Multiple "wag the dog" scenarios to deflect from his scandals. Treated his wife badly (though who could blame him?). Only saved from complete disaster economically due to Gingrich and Contract with America in his last term.

GWB-D. Generally decent man as far as how he treated his wife and family, though he let his envy of Trump's leadership and success make him a bitter, vindictive old man. Lead this country through 9/11. Negatives? Let Dems control economic policy, particularly housing/HUD, leading to the 2008 crash. Unending war-should have nuked the mountains where OBL was and left. No reason for Iraq war.

Obama-D. Terrible leader. Always dividing this country by race and other identity politics. Terrible economic leadership-unemployment was higher throughout his entire 1st term than when he was elected. Embarrassment on the international stage, made the US weak and ineffectual. Supported our enemies, particularly Iran and Islamic Brotherhood (terrorist groups). Did zilch to contain 'Lil Kimmie". A D because he was a decent husband and father. Sold out American workers and pushed outsourcing through his tax and regulatory policies.

Trump-B or C. Great policies economically and internationally. Put American citizens first and put America first. Did not sacrifice our safety or economic future for foreign criminals. Worked to secure the border. Good tax and economic policies, leading to a rebirth of US manufacturing. Strong foreign policy, actually insisting that European countries live up to their NATO commitments. Reversed Obama's efforts to help Iran develop nukes. Revised taxes to make our corporate taxes competitive on the world stage. Stopped the welfare to high-tax states on the backs of lower-tax state workers (SALT). Negatives? Treated his wives like crap, and mean tweets that took time away from leading.

Biden-F. UFD (Utter F**** Disaster)

Last edited by Toyman at Jewel Lake; 09-15-2021 at 07:26 AM..

Old 09-15-2021, 07:17 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
Reagan: B Way too young to remember; did research; pretty solid tbh.
H Dubya: C Again too young, after research he wasn't that bad
Clinton: B+ The boom of the 90s wasn't just due to the Internet.
Dubya: D I'm starting to miss him; his 1st term wasn't horrible but his 2nd term was absolute trash, and the Iraq War was a mistake
Obama: D+ Obamacare was a joke, and the acceleration of social justice was under his watch. He did stop the SEPTA Regional Rail strike and was actually cordial with DJT during the transition.
Trump: D Covid exposed him. Couldn't govern at a time of crisis. Horrible personnel hires. He helped the economy(not as much as his cultists think) and his foreign policy was surprisingly decent but it was overshadowed by his inability to shut up.

We've had a crappy stream of presidents and at the rate Creepy Joe is going he'll be worse than the last 3. Combined.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:25 AM

7,595 posts, read 6,087,283 times
WOW

SO I was born just before Kennedy Died, I would give him an A- for his anti Communist stance and his inspiration for the Space Race

Johnson Probably a B- He used his political skills to get things cone but the war in Vietnam escalating fell mostly on his watch

Nixon D He ended the war , he was a great Foreign Policy Schmoozer but in the end, he was a Crook who had to resign not so much from Watergate but due to his upcoming Indictment for failing to pay taxes His war on drugs remains a Clusterflock.

Ford B He pardoned Nixon and he had some great ideas but was president when people hated the president and hated the GOP due to Nixon SO, he never really had much of a chance to show how good he COULD HAVE been.

Carter F He pardoned Ford for Pardoning Nixon, then proceeded to show his ineptness at both domestic and foreign policy. He has however, become a great Ex-President and Diplomat as well as Nobel Laureate.

Reagan A He restored Honor to the presidency, helped restart the economy for both small and large business, he stood up to the Commies and pushed for an end to the Cold War.

Bush the Elder C Plus He was a green president, cared about people and the country, but he misplayed the war in Iraq allowing Hussein to continue and could not inspire enough Charisma or trust to be reelected.

Clinton B Minus He inspired republican blow hards to begin dividing the country, and NAFTA has hurt more people in Mexico than it helped, but he had leadership, charisma and got reelected easily.

Bush the Younger B Minus Fact is, he is a great guy in person, personable, friendly and caring. People talk about how dumb he is, but he was smart enough to surround himself with experienced people to carry out what needed to be done.

Obama B Minus He had great ideals, he loved people, he loved his country, all of which turned out to be his undoing. He lacked Political experience, and while he had a very high IQ he could not foresee the racist backlash in the nation. He also had the grand idea that he wanted to unify the nation and get everyone working together. He failed to see, until too late, that people in America would rather hate than work together, especially in D.C, and that one's party must ALWAYS come first, even at the expense of humanity or national interest.

Trump F worse leader in modern memory, possibly worse overall president since maybe Harding. He failed to do more than divide the country after Obama spent 8 years trying to unify . Trump taught that it is good to hate, good to be uneducated/misinformed, and his handling of a national emergency as a political maneuver instead of as the public health crisis that it was showed his lack of concern or compassion for we, the people. His mental illnesses and personality disorders isolated and alienated people at the expense of doing anything to make the nation great again.

BIDEN D (So far) He has yet to do anything to move the country away from total ruin. I never thought that I would one day be an Expat, but it is looking more and more likely every day.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:30 AM

5,818 posts, read 2,670,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
WOW

possibly worse overall president since maybe Harding. He failed to do more than divide the country after Obama spent 8 years trying to unify . Ty.
Thanks for my biggest laugh on here this week so far.

Old 09-15-2021, 10:38 AM

9,367 posts, read 14,309,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Name a single accomplishment.
He took down the Bush/Clinton dynasty in one fell swoop, two birds with one stone.

Historical mission fully accomplished before he even took office, and all sides of the establishment party, caught unawares, viscerally hated him accordingly.

As an added bonus, he shed some light on how toxic the relationship with China is and renegotiated NAFTA, though in both cases only tweaks.

Another added bonus, no new war fronts, unlike the previous administration which closed none and opened up three new ones.

In short, Trump provided comic relief in an ongoing epic tragedy.

Tragedy played by B-actors stage left and stage right.

Here we are stuck in the middle with these clowns and jokers.

Good Luck!

Old 09-15-2021, 12:04 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyw View Post
Nixon: D
Carter: A
Reagan: C+
Bush 1: B-
Clinton: A
Bush 2: D
Obama: F
Trump: C
Biden: Below F!! (Worst ever)
Wow!

You obviously did not live through or fully understand the Carter admin. Prior to Obama, he was the worst president in US history to date.

And Bush I better than Reagan????? Bush was a poor substitute for Reagan, who was one of the best presidents in US history.

Clinton???

1.NAFTA
2. China trade status
3. Chinese military tech advanced 30 yrs via indirect transmission of secrets via Clinton donors
4. Started a war to cover up his affairs
5. Killed political opponants
6. Put the nation in jeopardy with multiple affairs
7. Killed our manufacturing sector
8. Raised taxes
9. Introduced the "grifter class" of presidents who assumed the office to make themselves rich by "pay for play"!

WAKE UP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies