Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 12:06 PM

947 posts, read 297,374 times

Advertisements

Kennedy: B (too young but from what I've read)
Johnson: C
Nixon: C
Ford: C
Carter: D
Reagan: A-
Bush #1: B-
Clinton: B
Bush #2: B
Obama: D
Trump: B
Biden: F
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 12:14 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
He failed to do more than divide the country after Obama spent 8 years trying to unify .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Thanks for my biggest laugh on here this week so far.
Yeah, that's not how I remember the Obama years either.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:15 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,194,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Thanks for my biggest laugh on here this week so far.
Yeah I quit reading after that statement, almost choked on my lunch

Old 09-15-2021, 12:19 PM

16,558 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyw View Post
Carter: A
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow!

You obviously did not live through or fully understand the Carter admin. Prior to Obama, he was the worst president in US history to date.
We're all entitled to our opinions, of course, but as one who lived through the Carter administration, I simply cannot wrap my brain around giving him an A. Sure, he's been a great EX-president; if we were rating the presidents on personal decency, or the good things they accomplished after leaving office, then Carter would rank very high. But his actual tenure as president was marked by misery and failure and energy shortages and the Iran hostage crisis and stagflation and malaise. I would be really curious to know on what basis Jonnyw awarded him an A.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:26 PM

947 posts, read 297,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
We're all entitled to our opinions, of course, but as one who lived through the Carter administration, I simply cannot wrap my brain around giving him an A. Sure, he's been a great EX-president; if we were rating the presidents on personal decency, or the good things they accomplished after leaving office, then Carter would rank very high. But his actual tenure as president was marked by misery and failure and energy shortages and the Iran hostage crisis and stagflation and malaise. I would be really curious to know on what basis Jonnyw awarded him an A.
Agree. Carter was basically a good man who was completely incapable of the presidency. They were very bad years for most Americans.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:28 PM

1,420 posts, read 755,147 times
Eisenhower : Too young, no grade.
Kennedy : C-
Johnson : D
Nixon : F
Ford : D+
Carter : C
Regan : F
Bush : C
Clinton : C+
Bush : D-
Obama : B
Trump : F-
Biden : Too soon to tell.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:38 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
Eisenhower : Too young, no grade.
Kennedy : C-
Johnson : D
Nixon : F
Ford : D+
Carter : C
Regan : F
Bush : C
Clinton : C+
Bush : D-
Obama : B
Trump : F-
Biden : Too soon to tell.
Go back to school please.

Reagan (you spelled it wrong)....won the cold war without firing a shot. I think that would deserve higher than an F.
Is this some sort of a joke?

Old 09-15-2021, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
He stunk.

Why do they need to go back to school when most of these ratings have posted the same thing but in reverse? And Reagan is solely responsible for ending the Cold War even though Bush had been president for 2 years?
You people must be getting indoctrinated by the communists in the education system.

Reagan was a great president. End of story.

Old 09-15-2021, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jandrew5 View Post
Then I guess the [red state] I grew up in has a communist education system. Fits the color red. Him being great is your opinion. And my opinion is he was trash. Good thing about opinions is we're allowed to have them. Reagan had a lot of terrible decisions, that go ignored, and his policies have still done damage to Americans 40 years later. I dont care how charismatic he was.
And Carter a C -
I guess that 18% inflation and 20% interest rates were good in your estimation. Gas lines where you could only get gas on certain days. Hostage situation. I'll give him an F.

Old 09-15-2021, 01:38 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
And Carter a C -
I guess that 18% inflation and 20% interest rates were good in your estimation. Gas lines where you could only get gas on certain days. Hostage situation. I'll give him an F.
The inflation of the '70s started long before Carter. And Carter actually did something about it by appointing inflation hawk Paul Volcker as Fed chief. Under Volker the Fed started pushing up interest rates in an attempt to tame inflation. And it worked. Unfortunately for Carter it took a few years until Reagan's first term. And that was after the vicious recession of the early '80s that the high rates triggered. But that was the end of inflation and the beginning of a long period of falling interest rates and economic growth. Carter deserves credit for appointing and backing Volcker. Reagan deserves credit for backing the continuation of Volcker's anti-inflation policy and providing political cover.

Last edited by r small; 09-15-2021 at 02:05 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies