Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 07:33 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
This ^^^^...

If this story has races flipped. The entire Caravan of mainstream media news trucks would pile into the area and set up a entire protest zone...followed by riots...Then people would want the kids strung up.
Just look at how awfully the news media treated the Convington kids, and all they were accused of was grinning at a NA banging a drum.

You can be damned sure that if white kids lit a elderly black man on free, and killed him, that the usual TV news networks would be all over this story. Biden would use it as an opportunity to inflame racial tensions.

This is a reflection on the evil inside these kids, and the failure of their mother to raise them as a virtuous and functioning member of society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 07:36 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
People saying if the races were reversed it would have made CNN, make no sense.

CNN doesn't air out every story of death. Not even every mass casualty event that happens in the U.S.
CNN didn't cover this story: Racially targeted serial killer of 5.

https://newsone.com/3741434/kansas-c...e-men-charged/

Pretty major story huh? Tell me how that doesn't make national news?

Here are four different CNN stories that made national news searching using "CNN White woman yells", about white woman having a verbal altercation etc. with minorities.
https://www.google.com/search?q=CNN+...4dUDCA0&uact=5

Really not understanding why you aren't following this. They're for profit corporations. You're not understanding that FOX and CNN have different audiences and select news to keep ratings up?

Old 03-25-2021, 07:36 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
People saying if the races were reversed it would have made CNN, make no sense.

100s of black people get killed by white people every year, 100s of white people get killed by black people every year. For example, I bet you only posters in the Denver area heard about this killing. I only know about it because it popped up in my Youtube feed (I've been watching a lot of local Houston news on my feed so news from other cities pop up occasionally because youtube thinks I need to know about other cities).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t62NW4lWn8

Here is the story. 5 people from an immigrant community, killed after their house was purposefully set on fire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlcBza5M9zQ

Here are two of the suspects that were arrested. The Asian one's sister was also arrested for being a decently large suburban drug dealer and attempting to sell guns on social media. As well as being involved in the planning and execution of the arson attack.

It got massive buzz in Denver but it either never made CNN or was a footnote. It wasn't a hate crime, but a case of mistaken identity as they were attempting to burn someone else's house down (I think it might be literally their neighbors house, in some sort of gang feud).

CNN doesn't air out every story of death. Not even every mass casualty event that happens in the U.S.
The media would have covered it had the races been reversed. It is sensational to set a paralyzed guy on fire while telling him he has to lie about the race of the criminal.

That would lead to protests too had the races been reversed.

The media is propaganda.

Most people and almost every woke person doesn't know or admit to knowing the true crime stats and the media manipulation contributes.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:37 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Wheres the CNN headlines? Whers the outrage? Oh wait, the victim was white....

https://www.outkick.com/media-ignore...e-killing-him/

https://www.wjhg.com/2021/03/16/2-te...e-killing-him/
“Media ignores?”

How did you hear about it then?
How did your first source hear about it?
Pretty sure that the second link qualifies as “media.”

media definition
noun
a plural of medium.
(usually used with a plural verb) the means of communication, as radio and television, newspapers, magazines, and the internet, that reach or influence people widely:
The media are covering the speech tonight.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:38 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Easy litmus test........ This case? If the OP never posted it most on here would never have heard about it. If the left is honest they will admit the truth.
This thread is the first I heard of it.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Just like FOX will promote crimes by illegals.....the other networks will somewhat ignore crimes by POC while promoting "white karen" stories to national news.

Several of your sources above are not national news which is the whole point.

Basically, the OP (and several from the left) are correctly noting a reporting bias aimed at feeding red meat for ratings to the left and right by promoting some stories and excluding others from national news.

Corporate media crafting stories for morons and syncophants that want to hear what they like.
Interesting interpretation since the OP does not mention “national” anywhere in his post.

Are we all supposed to now assume that “media” only/always refers to national media?

Old 03-25-2021, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
So we expect CNN to report 100% of every murder that occurs? Anyway of course CNN selectively reports the news. So does Fox News. So does every media outlet. What is the argument here? There isn’t one. The white victim hood narrative is getting as tired and played as the black victim hood one. News flash, there is nothing appealing about being a victim
Apparently, yes, the “media” is supposed to report every murder every day.
The end.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:03 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,555 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Perhaps your settings or whatever are different but here is what I got:

https://www.google.com/search?q=two+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

On my search only FOX a fl and (page 2) yahoo had it nationally. Things like KCRG, Fox8, Spectrumlocalnews are all not national, nor would I count some obscure source like democratandchronicle etc.

The big national news outlets are: ABC, CBS, NBC\msnbc, FOX, NPR, yahoo plus maybe one or two more.

Basically, it would appear that most of the ones that lean (or veer heavily) left are not making it a NATIONAL news story and leaving it at the local affiliate level.

CBS covered the following story nationally and even (initially) used White Woman in the title and had to later change it when it turned out she wasn't white.

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/video-...-in-nyc-hotel/

But CBS won't cover this story nationally.

That is the point that is being made. Same goes for 3-4 others listed above.

P.S. The reverse is true, for right vs. left, you just have to be aware not only that what you are being told is completely accurate but also what is being selected for you to see (or not).
Its a flawed argument though. George Floyd for example, didnt become national news simply because he was black and the officer was white, it was because there was a video online with millions of views that caused outlets to cover it. Other stories as well include black activist elevating stories.

This story isnt going to get more attention because no one is defending them, they are universally seen as guilty. Also, its weird how only the outkick article mentions rate, neither fox or the local stations do. Both are minors so how exactly did they find out ????

Old 03-25-2021, 08:11 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,575,805 times
Quote:
Perhaps your settings or whatever are different but here is what I got:

https://www.google.com/search?q=two+...hrome&ie=UTF-8

On my search only FOX and (page 2) yahoo had it nationally. Things like KCRG, Fox8, Spectrumlocalnews are all not national, nor would I count some obscure source like democratandchronicle etc.

The big national news outlets are: ABC, CBS, NBC\msnbc, FOX, NPR, yahoo plus maybe one or two more.
Ahh, we have a different definition of "media" I guess. I've always considered local network affiliated news channels as media, as well as Fox and Yahoo.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:13 AM

78,418 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Its a flawed argument though. George Floyd for example, didnt become national news simply because he was black and the officer was white, it was because there was a video online with millions of views that caused outlets to cover it. Other stories as well include black activist elevating stories.
I'm not talking about George Floyd. I think we can both agree both how and why that became national news.

I'm talking about "white woman yells at asian lady in park" stories making national news while other stories do not.

Heck, I would expect to get the most agreement on the media muck-raking stories for profit from older people, especially if minority. Those of us that remember the 90's and before had every freakin' story about young black men committing crimes splashed across the front page for ratings.

The media targeting has simply changed is all and for many of the outlets they are merely serving up what their base (right or left) wants all pre-set to fit their world view.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies