Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will you personally comply with mask mandated?
I've already stopped wearing them 128 41.42%
Three Months (Summer 2021) 37 11.97%
Six Months (Fall of 2021) 27 8.74%
One Year (Spring of 2022) 11 3.56%
Two Years (Spring of 2023) 2 0.65%
Five Years (Spring of 2026) 3 0.97%
Indefinitely, if told to. 101 32.69%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 06:04 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
No, I mean this:
  • more than 500,000 dead
  • high unemployment
  • schools, theaters and amusement parks closed
  • small businesseses struggling to survive or closing
  • long lines at food banks
  • medical personnel stretched to the limit
  • cases still rising in many states amid fears of a fourth wave
That mess.
The government created mess based on phony stats, by a virus like thousands of others that humanity has seen throught its history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 06:10 AM

327 posts, read 211,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayarea4 View Post
That's my answer, too. If everyone had worn masks and practiced social distancing from the beginning, we wouldn't be in this mess.
If your fellow Bay Area dudes wore condoms during the 70s/80s there wouldn’t have been widespread HIV/AIDS cases so there’s that mess. Lots of dudes today still aren’t wearing them and look....no one cares anymore. Your post has zero meaning.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:35 AM

17,629 posts, read 6,914,908 times
How pathetic that 36% of the respondents to this poll want to comply with a ridiculous and unscientific edict “indefinitely.” Disgusting actually.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:45 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,093,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Abortions aren't pandemics. An abortion affects the woman, not the entire population.
But with a disease, there is no choice as to who gets it. The other is a definite choice. A choice where there is a one hundred percent fatality rate. And it is worldwide. Doesn't that qualify as a pandemic?

Old 03-31-2021, 08:21 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Is it? Individualism and small businesses seem to be counter to what they want.....if you believe that theory, that is.

If it is all big business, I would imagine the plain jane approach of white and blue disposable plastic thingies, as they look to me, that hook around the ear would be all that was available.

Me, I get on a whim of what brings joy to me in fashion......and then go out to find and pay a local merchant to make it for me........as I just did, ordered a number of daily styles and designs. Not quite what I had in mind, but ones to let me feel good about myself.....and good for the common cause.
Yes that you and others are getting into the fashion of them. That some clothing manufacturers are making apparel with matching masks. That is what they want, to make people actually want to wear masks as fashion accessories.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:23 AM

36,530 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I only wear a mask because they won't allow me into any grocery store around here without a mask.

You've got to eat, right?
Curb side pick up. Delivery?

I did the same. I mostly went into the groceries that did not require a mask though. Now non of them do in my area.

Old 03-31-2021, 08:41 AM

296 posts, read 413,790 times
In my area, fewer and fewer people are wearing a mask. Even at Walmart, most are not wearing a mask and they are not being kicked out.

I have not been kicked out of a store yet for not wearing a mask.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:08 AM

9,471 posts, read 10,808,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip33 View Post
In my area, fewer and fewer people are wearing a mask. Even at Walmart, most are not wearing a mask and they are not being kicked out.

I have not been kicked out of a store yet for not wearing a mask.
Most retailers are not enforcing mask rules. Company policy and rules are not laws. Even places with a mandate do not have a law regarding masks. They simply have an ordinance, violating an ordinance is like parking where your not supposed to or jaywalking. There is little or no consequence for refusing to wear a mask. The more people refuse to do it the weaker the maskies position gets. Refusal to comply will end the reign of the maskies.

Old 03-31-2021, 09:51 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
If I'm going from one place to another within a couple of minutes, I usually keep mine on.
Since mine is surgical mask style, I tend to wear it the entire day either in up position or pulled down but still tied around my neck. It is when I get home that I finally take it off, with my ID pouches, me.

Old 03-31-2021, 03:56 PM

21,544 posts, read 8,727,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachofries View Post
If your fellow Bay Area dudes wore condoms during the 70s/80s there wouldn’t have been widespread HIV/AIDS cases so there’s that mess. Lots of dudes today still aren’t wearing them and look....no one cares anymore. Your post has zero meaning.
I find it ironic that you understand the simple scientific concept that a barrier method (condoms) prevents the spread of deadly viruses but think that another barrier method (masks) is some type of vast mind control conspiracy. There is no point in arguing with people who are that deluded, so I won't bother.

Anyway, I'm not a "dude."

Stay well.

Last edited by Bayarea4; 03-31-2021 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: clarity
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies