Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How long will you personally comply with mask mandated?
I've already stopped wearing them 128 41.42%
Three Months (Summer 2021) 37 11.97%
Six Months (Fall of 2021) 27 8.74%
One Year (Spring of 2022) 11 3.56%
Two Years (Spring of 2023) 2 0.65%
Five Years (Spring of 2026) 3 0.97%
Indefinitely, if told to. 101 32.69%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2021, 06:01 PM

424 posts, read 175,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Translation: Baaaaaaaa
So you admit it makes no sense. You're just parroting what you've heard on ZeroHedge or whatever RWNJ idiocy you read/listen to.

Seriously, what is every worldwide government gaining from asking people to wear masks?

And just for the record, I don't mask anymore because I'm vaccinated. I just think it's funny that all of these lemmings heard on Tucker Carlson that it's a conspiracy and ran with it.

Baaaaaa is right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 06:02 PM

17,625 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
I have yet to see a picture of fauci in an N95 mask. Have you?
And even if he did wear an N95 once, that doesn’t explain his idiotic recommendations to wear multiple cloth masks, or to wear masks outside, or to force little kids to wear masks at summer camp. Yet none of this matters to the cult.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:03 PM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
Would someone please answer the question that if masks that aren't the N95 type are NOT effective, then why do even fairly recent TV shows show surgeons wearing the "cheaper" kind when they are performing surgery?

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzhhmI6tsA

(Scroll ahead to the two minute mark.)

The following article was written in 2016 and it says that disposal masks are just fine. So has the science changed in the last year or so?

https://www.cochrane.org/CD002929/WO...-clean-surgery

Old 06-02-2021, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
So you admit it makes no sense. You're just parroting what you've heard on ZeroHedge or whatever RWNJ idiocy you read/listen to.

Seriously, what is every worldwide government gaining from asking people to wear masks?

And just for the record, I don't mask anymore because I'm vaccinated. I just think it's funny that all of these lemmings heard on Tucker Carlson that it's a conspiracy and ran with it.

Baaaaaa is right!
You must be new here. I have said all along that wearing a cloth mask is pointless and that mandating use would do NOTHING to prevent the virus from spreading.

Guess what? I was right all along.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:05 PM

424 posts, read 175,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Would someone please answer the question that if masks that aren't the N95 type are NOT effective, then why do even fairly recent TV shows show surgeons wearing the "cheaper" kind when they are performing surgery?

For example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzhhmI6tsA

(Scroll ahead to the two minute mark.)
I've worn the regular surgical masks while assisting with surgeries (in real life, not on television). They're worn regularly because they do work.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:11 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelized Onion View Post
I've worn the regular surgical masks while assisting with surgeries (in real life, not on television). They're worn regularly because they do work.
Of course they do. But somehow science has turned into politics.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Of course they do. But somehow science has turned into politics.
The lie about the alleged efficacy of masks is what’s political.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The lie about the alleged efficacy of masks is what’s political.
There must be something to the efficacy of masks otherwise surgeons and staff wouldn't wear them. So yes, this is now political.

Old 06-02-2021, 06:18 PM

6,829 posts, read 2,117,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
There must be something to the efficacy of masks otherwise surgeons and staff wouldn't wear them. So yes, this is now political.
Surgeons wear them to keep their spit out of your open wound.

This is what surgical masks were designed for. This is why they flair at the edges, so air can come in and out, just not in the direction they're looking which presumably is your open wound.

Doctors and nurses wouldn't even wear masks doing everyday duties in the hospital during highly infectious flu seasons

Old 06-02-2021, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Surgeons wear them to keep their spit out of your open wound.

This is what surgical masks were designed for. This is why they flair at the edges, so air can come in and out, just not in the direction they're looking which presumably is your open wound.

Doctors and nurses wouldn't even wear masks doing everyday duties in the hospital during highly infectious flu seasons
I'd rather listen to doctors in the AMA who support wearing them.

Asian countries have known about the efficacy of masks and social distancing for years. It's a shame that now it's politicized.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies