Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2021, 09:57 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,714,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
90% of gender questioning children desist by adulthood

Your position is quite clear, you support mutilation against the long term will of the vast majority of gender troubled children

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
1. You have no idea what the actual percentage is , since Rand Paul picked a study that agreed with him, rather than the 30 plus that put the percentage at less than 10%

2. There is no such thing as "Long term will" ,in the context you are using it, "will" changes. At best you mean "future will", which again, shows the flaw in your argument.
No such thing as long term "will"? Are you kidding me, kids have no idea what they want in life, that's why parenting is critical. Studies have indeed shown that 90% of gender questioning kids desist by adulthood, and if you mutilate them as children they cannot go back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
At puberty there is the choice to use hormone suppression, which is reversible. Before this is done there is counselling for the child and the family.
No it's not reversible!! Testosterone will destroy the cervix and make the girl infertile in adulthood. There is a wide range of permanent, irreversible damage of estrogen in boys and testosterone in girls.

And "counselling", my ass! States like California want to make the child entitled to hormones without parental consent or knowledge on the say-so of some activists that have gotten to your vulnerable child and convinced them that they normal, developmental struggles are the result of being born in the wrong body and that this can be corrected

We are living in very dangerous times

Old 03-31-2021, 10:06 AM

16,066 posts, read 21,138,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom623 View Post
I seriously cant believe this post is necessary, the woke crazy has no limit. DISGUSTING beyond belief.
What is your stance on circumcision? Ear piercings on baby girls? These things that have been a part of the typical American culture for decades? How do you think the majority of your cohorts feel about these long held traditions? You willing to call them child abusers too?

Old 03-31-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
What is your stance on circumcision? Ear piercings on baby girls? These things that have been a part of the typical American culture for decades? How do you think the majority of your cohorts feel about these long held traditions? You willing to call them child abusers too?
You're comparing trying to make boys into girls and girls into boys to ear piercings?

seriously?

Old 03-31-2021, 10:20 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,645,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
If you are a transphobe, just say so, we dont need a paragraph for that.
I'm sure you're right !!!

A one liner from an idiot will do !!!

I'm exhausted from using 3 lines to agree with you !!!

Old 03-31-2021, 10:21 AM

Quote:
You're comparing trying to make boys into girls and girls into boys to ear piercings?

seriously?
Take it up with the OP, they are the ones citing body modifications as child abuse. And please, what's with ignoring the circumcision part of the equation, you just going to skip conveniently over that particular piece of genital alteration?

Old 03-31-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Take it up with the OP, they are the ones citing body modifications as child abuse. And please, what's with ignoring the circumcision part of the equation, you just going to skip conveniently over that particular piece of genital alteration?
Maybe it's not correct to circumcise boys as babies, we can certainly have that discussion. And I would say you should not piece a child's ears until they are old enough to request it.

But big picture though, in those cases the parents as fiduciary caretakers are empowered to make choices for the child in the best long term interests of that child.

For physical gender manipulation, it's not the parents making the decision anymore. The State is taking away the natural rights of parents to decide what interventions are best for the long term interest of the child

Old 03-31-2021, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Maybe it's not correct to circumcise boys as babies, we can certainly have that discussion. And I would say you should not piece a child's ears until they are old enough to request it.

But big picture though, in those cases the parents as fiduciary caretakers are empowered to make choices for the child in the best long term interests of that child. (Sort of like when we condoned physical abuse of spouses and children because what went on behind closed doors was nobody's business?)

For physical gender manipulation, it's not the parents making the decision anymore. The State is taking away the natural rights of parents to decide what interventions are best for the long term interest of the child
I don't agree with altering the bodies of children for any reason, but I DO have a problem with the double standards that are being spouted by the OP. Either you are for it or against it but thinking that what YOU (general you) do is fine but what other people do isn't, that doesn't fly with me.

Old 03-31-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I don't agree with altering the bodies of children for any reason, but I DO have a problem with the double standards that are being spouted by the OP. Either you are for it or against it but thinking that what YOU (general you) do is fine but what other people do isn't, that doesn't fly with me.
This is not a coherent post

Old 03-31-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
This is not a coherent post
Sorry, forgot this is POC.
Specifically, body modification of children of ANY sort is ok, or it's not. Regardless of degree.
Removing female anatomy is mutilation but removal of foreskin is ok because that's what we've done for generations? There are still plenty of people in this country who follow the practice of circumcision but that's considered acceptable for the most part. The people here screaming on CD about how these surgeries are mutilation and child abuse, how many of them do you suppose are accepting of circumcision?

It's a huge double standard to say that certain modifications are okay based on your own personal beliefs, but other modifications are not OK because you don't happen to agree with those beliefs.

What gives anyone the right to pick and choose which body changes are ok to do to a child too young to consent themselves? You can cut this off, but not that!? Double standards. Hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies