Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What grade would you give Biden's performance on his first press conference
A 36 15.93%
B 23 10.18%
C 7 3.10%
D 42 18.58%
F 31 13.72%
Z: worse than an F 87 38.50%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2021, 12:52 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,728,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
He did!! What the hell were you watching?
I give presentations for a living, having someone ask you a question and not know what it is and then have a ready made answer in front of you is near impossible. And if that is what he did you would have to have superior acumen to pull that off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2021, 12:55 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,328,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
"That's all Folks".
Exactly! Good afternoon.

Old 03-25-2021, 12:55 PM

929 posts, read 304,244 times
Here’s my problem with what I just watched.

I’m not a public speaking expert. However I have addressed groups of up to several hundred people.
Sometimes these engagements have been planned , and I used prepared notes and remarks. That usually isn’t an issue unless one relies on them. The opinion I have is that Biden relied on his notes too much .

That may suggest an unfamiliarity with the content , or even that someone else is responsible for the content.

The other more troubling aspect of what I saw was his inability to stay engaged on the specifics of the question /topic. His inability to do that suggests that the format was specifically chosen to reduce the circumstances to have to have him engaged, to handle rapid fire questions and follow up on a diverse range of topics.

From the limited experience I have with having been asked to speak in front of large groups, without prior. notice ,, is that the mental acuity and engagement and the depth of knowledge and tact required leads me to believe that Biden is incapable of speaking in that type environment.

The question is , will we see more of this type of “ Press Conference”? Is this the new normal?

Old 03-25-2021, 12:56 PM

462 posts, read 207,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
I give presentations for a living, having someone ask you a question and not know what it is and then have a ready made answer in front of you is near impossible. And if that is what he did you would have to have superior acumen to pull that off.
Or, you had a list of "reporters" to call on in front of you, with the names of all the reporters who agreed to furnish the WH staff with their questions in advance, giving his staff the time to write out the answers and hand them to him to practice reciting before the "conference".

If this was in fact done, will we ever hear any evidence of it? Or was it done only by VERY trusted aides and handlers who would never, ever talk?

It was plain to everyone who watched, that he was simply reading answers off the lectern in front of him, his eyes riveted on the pages, hardly ever looking up for many of the questions.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:01 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
Reminded me of an anesthetic being administered.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucyinthesky444 View Post
Or, you had a list of "reporters" to call on in front of you, with the names of all the reporters who agreed to furnish the WH staff with their questions in advance, giving his staff the time to write out the answers and hand them to him to practice reciting before the "conference".

If this was in fact done, will we ever hear any evidence of it? Or was it done only by VERY trusted aides and handlers who would never, ever talk?

It was plain to everyone who watched, that he was simply reading answers off the lectern in front of him, his eyes riveted on the pages, hardly ever looking up for many of the questions.
That is a bit of a stretch approaching conspiracy theory. I watched him being asked questions, referring to some notes and answering the questions. I could only hope to do as well when I am his age. Giving a presidential press briefing.....Not Easy.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:07 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
That is a bit of a stretch approaching conspiracy theory. I watched him being asked questions, referring to some notes and answering the questions. I could only hope to do as well when I am his age. Giving a presidential press briefing.....Not Easy.
He was looking down at his notes constantly. I watched this pathetic of a man.

Stop Deflecting. He's a goofy ass SOB. And what is with his smirks.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:10 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Things that irk me the most with this 'press conference'
  1. Biden keeps trying to make the border crisis Trump's fault. Our borders were never safer and secure when Trump was in office. Biden reversed what Trump did so what results was he expecting. What a sick puppy Biden is to try to put his on Trump. We're not stupid enough to believe it.
  2. biden says he still is trying to unite with Republicans and he gets no help from us. BS
  3. Biden says he wants these illegals in for humanitarian reasons...floods, hurricanes, etc. Well what about our country. We've had floods, hurricanes and will have more. Why not take care of us first. Put America first. Biden hates our country. Everyone knows he only wants votes. He puts us in peril just for votes. I hate that man.
  4. He claims he is completely transparent yet still will not allow the media at his open borders. How is that being transparent? He is hiding something now. That's evident. Let us see!!!! Be transparent.
  5. Biden is disgusting. His co-horts are just as awful. I hate these people.
  6. And stop saying you are a nice guy. Nothing nice about you to want to destroy our country by racial tensions and stupid cancel culture and the rest of the hurtful things you are promoting.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-25-2021 at 02:09 PM..

Old 03-25-2021, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
He was looking down at his notes constantly. I watched this pathetic of a man.

Stop Deflecting. He's a goofy ass SOB. And what is with his smirks.
Look man....the dude is goofy....and he's old....and maybe not in your "opinion" but he pulled off a presidential press briefing only leaving nitpicky criticisms. That's a success.

Old 03-25-2021, 01:15 PM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Look man....the dude is goofy....and he's old....and maybe not in your "opinion" but he pulled off a presidential press briefing only leaving nitpicky criticisms. That's a success.
FYI, I'm not a MAN. You sound like him. Man this - man that. He's a Smirky Slug. He's done nothing in almost 50 years. And again. He was reading constantly at his notes. He's Worthless. He's the Select Reject.

I'm not nitpicking nothing. I Don't mince my words. Ask anyone around here.

He won't do Squat. 120 years ago - he became a senator. How stupid of him. He doesn't even know how old he is. Dementia is slowly eating his mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies