Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 10:12 AM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
At this point, I am thinking that perhaps Chauvin isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
This particular case aside...

Chauvin had a history of complaints during his time as an officer. I would say that is the fault of the Police Department not to mitigate that. There are plenty of people working jobs they should be doing... it is onus on the management to handle that. If a particular direct report isn't performing or worse.. a liability to the company, it is my job to escalate to my management. Not doing so is a reflection of myself and my responsibilities.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
He was yelling he was claustrophobic being put into the police car , he seemed ok sitting in his own car, or whoever’s car it was , sat there quite a while too ?
I thought of this as well...

Then I saw the body cam video and thought of myself. If someone was trying to shove me into the back of their car after having a firearm pointed at me, I think I too would be scared to be placed in that car. I would be scared that I wouldn't come out of that car alive.

I think the difference is that Floyd was initially approached in his car with a fire arm already drawn and pointed at him. Previously, I had not known that a firearm had already been used to as a threat.

I think one assessment a former officer on some news station (don't recall which) said that the firearm isn't a tool to gain "compliance".

Old 04-02-2021, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Chauvin's supervisor said Floyd should have been placed on his side to allow for him to breathe. Chauvin eff'd up and I hope he gets the book thrown at him. He's a murderer, plain and simple.
I agree..

However that proves neglect not necessarily murder in the 2nd or 3rd degree. Maybe Manslaughter?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We will see what Chauvin says about what was going on in his head when Chauvin testifies. You agree?
I don't think Chauvin is required to testify. Usually that is a last resort for the defense.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:33 AM

14 posts, read 6,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senior7 View Post
He was yelling he was claustrophobic being put into the police car , he seemed ok sitting in his own car, or whoever’s car it was , sat there quite a while too ?

If you watch the ENTIRE video, he was yelling about being claustrophobic, but he asked more than once to be placed in the FRONT seat of the squad car.

As to his own car, he was sitting in the driver's seat; again, the front seat.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:36 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I agree..

However that proves neglect not necessarily murder in the 2nd or 3rd degree. Maybe Manslaughter?
His actions were intentional. He purposely did what he did, despite his own police protocol. Absolutely murder in my book, especially with all the people who were around him being alarmed by his actions, seeing Floyd in dire need of assistance and not allowing any for him. Unconscionable. We do not need people like this in our police force.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:46 AM

929 posts, read 304,042 times
Quote:
His actions were intentional. He purposely did what he did, despite his own police protocol. Absolutely murder in my book, especially with all the people who were around him being alarmed by his actions, seeing Floyd in dire need of assistance and not allowing any for him. Unconscionable. We do not need people like this in our police force.
Sorry,, you can’t say what his intent was other than an opinion.

What has troubled me is that out of all those people around,, no one stepped up to intervene? Perhaps they all lacked the skill and tact to approach the Officer in a civil manner with their concerns.
All they appeared to do. Is yell, which possibly could have made things worse..

Police, or no Police, I don’t care. Personally I definitely would have intervened had I been a witness. I would have lied and said I was a Doctor.

Perhaps it is just the conditioning of living under the circumstances of that neighborhood. They. may have been unconsciously conditioned to indifference.

It is both. troubling and perplexing to see all the emotion of testimony, but they all basically stood there and watched.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:54 AM

25,441 posts, read 9,800,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
Sorry,, you can’t say what his intent was other than an opinion.

What has troubled me is that out of all those people around,, no one stepped up to intervene? Perhaps they all lacked the skill and tact to approach the Officer in a civil manner with their concerns.
All they appeared to do. Is yell, which possibly could have made things worse..

Police, or no Police, I don’t care. Personally I definitely would have intervened had I been a witness. I would have lied and said I was a Doctor.

Perhaps it is just the conditioning of living under the circumstances of that neighborhood. They. may have been unconsciously conditioned to indifference.

It is both. troubling and perplexing to see all the emotion of testimony, but they all basically stood there and watched.
There were some who wanted to intervene, but were stopped. At least from what I understand. You kneel on somebody's neck for 10 minutes, several of those in which the man has quit moving, I know your intention. The protocol was for him to turn him on his side so he could breathe. He did not. Murder.

Old 04-02-2021, 10:55 AM

728 posts, read 302,957 times
Quote:

Ok, you get to vote guilty. All we need is just one of us to say not guilty and Chauvin goes free.

Will you abide by the rule?

Old 04-02-2021, 10:57 AM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Ok, you get to vote guilty. All we need is just one of us to say not guilty and Chauvin goes free.

Will you abide by the rule?
You would not have made it through voir dire, so your non-existent vote is inconsequential. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies