Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2021, 12:40 PM

13,250 posts, read 7,671,485 times

Advertisements

After watching the below video recording Floyd wasn't murdered. Did he deserved to die of course not but this wasn't murder. Gross negligence on the part of officer Chauvin to have kept his body weight on the Floyds neck for that long. However at the same time Floyd was a big man, hadn't been obeying commands to get into the squad car, appeared to be high and the crowd was becoming unruly.

My guess he Chauvin will be found guilty of third degree murder

A police officers body cam of the arrest:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vhwx...ctr=1617386220

Old 04-02-2021, 12:56 PM

15,023 posts, read 9,981,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
I am very family with neighborhoods in the lower tiers of socio economics. I operated businesses for years in those environments.

That’s not the way I remember the populace. How then do you explain incidents where groups , almost mobs, interfere , or attempt to interfere with Police activity?
Those incidents are by and far less frequent than the every day crimes that are witnessed each and every day in these neighborhoods. As I mentioned, the case in NYC a few days ago were no one rendered aid to a man beating on an Asian woman in front of several bystanders including a doorman who simply just closed the door.

As you mentioned "Kitty Genoese"... several bystanders watched without any action over the course of a rape. This is called the "Bystander effect". That study shows that a person is less likely to act to intervene in a crime in the presence of other bystanders. If that effect is in play here.... the fact that there were 12-15 bystanders at the scene of Floyd's death further inhibits any single individual from taking action. I'm pretty sure that the fact those perpetuating the perceived crime are police officers further inhibits any single individual from taking action.

I am glad you were able to help a choking victim. However, I'm not sure how it is relevant in this discussion. There is a difference with being capable of rendering assistance and actually being a Doctor much less claiming to be one.

Old 04-02-2021, 12:59 PM

11,523 posts, read 14,563,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Ok all why I think George Floyd was`nt killed by the police . This is what really happen to my Son, a big guy, I took him to the hospital cause he couldn't breathe. He was admitted in finding what was wrong with him. He was also was having alcohol detoxing and lost his mind in some delusions. They put him in a back room to stopped him from his struggling in wanting to leave . Security police came in and he remembered the police put in down and one put his knees on his neck and back for a long time. Medical found out he was having Pneumonia and why he couldn't breathe. He stay in the hospital.
The police didn't kill my son with that pressure on his neck is why ,what I trying to say, the police did not killed George Floyd and he was really dying from having a over dose on the drugs .
When you're about to OD on drugs, you aren't walking on your own volition, talking with the store clerk and consciously doing everything normal people generally do. Then, all of a sudden you're dead? And, only after a cop has his knee on your neck for 9 minutes. His airway was being cut off slowly.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
After watching the below video recording Floyd wasn't murdered

Gross negligence on the part of officer Chauvin to have kept his body weight on the Floyds neck for that long.

My guess he Chauvin will be found guilty of third degree murder
First statement says you think he wasn't murder but then turn around and say 3rd degree murder. I agree that gross negligence on the part of officer Chauvin. If that is the case, he would actually be guilty of 2nd degree Manslaughter and not guilty of the two other charges of 2nd and 3rd degree murder.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:10 PM

588 posts, read 556,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
When you're about to OD on drugs, you aren't walking on your own volition, talking with the store clerk and consciously doing everything normal people generally do. Then, all of a sudden you're dead? And, only after a cop has his knee on your neck for 9 minutes. His airway was being cut off slowly.
Shawanda Hill will be testifying to the fact that he was falling asleep in the car.

“George Floyd may have taken Percocet during fatal arrest: defense”

https://nypost.com/2021/03/29/defens...during-arrest/

Quote:
“Mr. Floyd’s friends will explain that Mr. Floyd fell asleep in the car and that they couldn’t wake him up to get going,” Nelson told the jury. “They thought police might be coming.”

“They kept trying to wake him up,” he said. “In fact, one of these friends, Shawanda Hill, called her daughter, Shakira Prince, to come and pick her up because they couldn’t keep Mr. Floyd awake.”

“While they were in the car, Mr. Floyd consumed what they thought to be two Percocet pills,” Nelson said, referring to Hill and another friend, Maurice Hall.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:15 PM

5,869 posts, read 2,137,044 times
I've heard enough to say murder 3 is a possibility,not sure on murder 2.

Every police witness that has been asked about knees to the neck have all said they were not trained to do that and could result in death.

Additionally the cops knew there was not a pulse because they checked and confirmed that there was no pulse but stayed in place. Coo did not move from the neck even after the pulse check by his partner and remained there until EMS Directed the cop to move. Also the EMS stated Floyd was DOA.

The opioid OD is a reach at best and the toxicology report post mortem are honestly useless if the prosecution does it's job and explains gradiant shifts post mortem with anything abosrbed in fat (opioids, marijuana, amioderoin, ect).

Defense will get their shot but it will be tuff when you have cops testifying that another cop took an action that is known to possibly kill someone.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:26 PM

929 posts, read 300,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Those incidents are by and far less frequent than the every day crimes that are witnessed each and every day in these neighborhoods. As I mentioned, the case in NYC a few days ago were no one rendered aid to a man beating on an Asian woman in front of several bystanders including a doorman who simply just closed the door.

As you mentioned "Kitty Genoese"... several bystanders watched without any action over the course of a rape. This is called the "Bystander effect". That study shows that a person is less likely to act to intervene in a crime in the presence of other bystanders. If that effect is in play here.... the fact that there were 12-15 bystanders at the scene of Floyd's death further inhibits any single individual from taking action. I'm pretty sure that the fact those perpetuating the perceived crime are police officers further inhibits any single individual from taking action.

I am glad you were able to help a choking victim. However, I'm not sure how it is relevant in this discussion. There is a difference with being capable of rendering assistance and actually being a Doctor much less claiming to be one.
I inserted that true story as relevant because I chose to intervene, when others appeared not to.
I am capable of rendering assistance up to a certain level. Regardless, I view nothing as futile unless an attempt is made. If I have to lie to potentially save a life, I am all for it. I’ll deal with any consequences later.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:26 PM

513 posts, read 456,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post

Floyd took those drugs he put in his mouth ,a moment when he saw the police coming to his car. His airway was not blocked.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBall View Post
Shawanda Hill will be testifying to the fact that he was falling asleep in the car.

“George Floyd may have taken Percocet during fatal arrest: defense”
Just keep in mind this would help the defense against the 2nd and 3rd degree murder charges. However, I don't think it would help in the 2nd degree Manslaughter charge.

In addition, I think Minneapolis laws are slightly different. Murder charges still may be on the table since preconditions (in this case drug use) may not be weighted heavily as much as the actions of the individual would have resulted in death irregardless of said preconditions.

Old 04-02-2021, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
Floyd took those drugs he put in his mouth ,a moment when he saw the police coming to his car. His airway was not blocked.
I believe the poster you responded to was saying his airway was blocked not at the moment when he saw the police coming to his car but rather when the knee was on his neck There is numerous testimony that indicates that handcuffed in the prone position with weight on one's neck could severely affect breathing to the point of death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies