Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 04:39 PM

728 posts, read 302,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
I'd say his /her deflection was transparent. So that deflection stands as a reminder of how the defense in this case runs it's antics.

I agree that while Floyd was in the custody of these officers , his death was ruled a homicide. Post 1281 makes a fairly accurate breakdown of the facts.

Giving a smidge of leeway here I do not think Chauvin was brought up to.speed on the reason for restraining of the subject. He simply joined in the process of securing the subject, then using excessive force the subject ceased brain activity, air way breathing , and heart activity. Which in lay man's terms He was dead. All courtesy of the direct actions by a person who is not above the laws.
The pounds per square inch of pressure needed to impede the neck arteries are not any higher then a clamp used by a surgeon. A surgeon can clamp an artery during an operation to deter bleeding in other parts of the body. A knee on that arterial area certainly can be a pressure source. Why else do you think they use that technique ?? For a modeling pose?

George Floyd was ripped and a big man. I have never seen a WWE wrestler dying in a ring no matter how hard an opponent tried to choke the life out of him, or pummel him by jumping onto his neck with his knee from the top of a ring post. You would expect that neck to break. But no, he groans and get back up to fight. A knee on the arterial area is frightening to whimps. Floyd was not a whimp. He worked as a bouncer which is something like a pro wrestler.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
So your inexperience equates to a swooping generalization all officers adhere to their oath and procedures.
My oh my , quite the sheltered mindset.

Read up on the Chicago officers and NYC officers during the 70,80,90's.. Jon burge
Was a shining example of corruption and abuse of detainees.

Beyond that , I don't think Chauvin is nefariously evil. I think he was indifferent to what his detained subject was conveying. I think his actions maintained consistency long after necessary. Once the subject was subdued , a change in position and the release of the force technique can cease. Full stop. He did not cease.

All officers do adhere to their oath and procedures until proven otherwise. The trial is still ongoing. If the entire jury is frightened by the mob into delivering a unanimous guilty verdict, then we move on to an appeal till the case goes to the Supreme Court. There is no way decent Americans will allow Chauvin to be thrown to the mob.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:53 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
George Floyd was ripped and a big man. I have never seen a WWE wrestler dying in a ring no matter how hard an opponent tried to choke the life out of him, or pummel him by jumping onto his neck with his knee from the top of a ring post. You would expect that neck to break. But no, he groans and get back up to fight. A knee on the arterial area is frightening to whimps. Floyd was not a whimp. He worked as a bouncer which is something like a pro wrestler.
Seriously thinking pro wrestling is real and anywhere close to comparable is laughable. The death of Floyd was real life not a wrestling event.

Old 04-04-2021, 04:57 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,410,753 times
Quote:
Floyd was obese and out of shape, and aside the dietary health issues, he also was high on drugs.

A person can easily kill someone by choking them.

WWE is choreographed, not real life, lol. They are not actually choking each other.

Working as a bouncer means little to nothing (it actually means nothing) in terms of how "tough" a person is.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:12 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:
All officers do adhere to their oath and procedures until proven otherwise. The trial is still ongoing. If the entire jury is frightened by the mob into delivering a unanimous guilty verdict, then we move on to an appeal till the case goes to the Supreme Court. There is no way decent Americans will allow Chauvin to be thrown to the mob.
If the jury comes back with a verdict... and the mob and media does not approve.

Expect a rush to dox the names of the jurors.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:23 PM

6,343 posts, read 2,895,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Floyd was obese and out of shape, and aside the dietary health issues, he also was high on drugs.

WWE is choreographed, not real life, lol. They are not actually choking each other.

Working as a bouncer means little to nothing (it actually means nothing) in terms of how "tough" a person is.
Floyd was 6 feet 6 inches and 240 pounds. NOT obese, just overweight. Chauvin only weighs 140 pounds.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:23 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,449,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post

Not laughing at you ,
But dang, that wwe comment sent me into a fit of laughter. The fact anyone would compare the calamity of wwe preformances with a police procedure that our peace officers are trained on to properly perform.
You get five points for sharing the obsurdity of someone not knowing the difference.
Okay y'all can go back to real fact debating. While I find some tissues to wipe my tears of laughter.

Old 04-04-2021, 05:36 PM

3,098 posts, read 3,784,341 times
Quote:
I have never met a bad cop in my life. Whenever I see a cop in town or a police cruiser coming through the back alley at 3 am, I feel safe and grateful to be living in a good, well-run society. Whenever I drive across country on a road trip and see a state trooper parked on the roadside, I feel assured that help is nearby. One time, a state trooper even helped my mom change out a tire on her SUV. In a small town, it's the local sheriff protecting folks from the bad guy. What is not to like about law enforcement? Bad cops are the bane of bad people.
If there are no bad cops why are cities paying out these massive settlements? The overwhelming majority of these aren’t jury awards they are pre trial settlements.

NYC $170 million yearly
Chicago $47 million yearly
L.A $33 million yearly
Washington DC $13 million yearly
Philadelphia $10.5 million yearly
Detroit $6.4 million yearly
Milwaukee $4 million yearly
Baltimore $3.6 million yearly
San Francisco $2.7 million yearly

NYC is payout an average of $170 million a year in police misconduct settlements and no cop is EVER in the wrong?
As more police actions are surveilled because of body cams, bystanders videotaping and ubiquitous cctv these settlement costs are going to keep rising unless the bad cops are removed.

Last edited by ssmaster; 04-04-2021 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-04-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Seriously thinking pro wrestling is real and anywhere close to comparable is laughable. The death of Floyd was real life not a wrestling event.

So, you think pro wrestling is fake? You need to find out like Stossel did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrX9Ca7LSyQ

Old 04-04-2021, 08:20 PM

13,717 posts, read 7,987,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
Floyd was 6 feet 6 inches and 240 pounds. NOT obese, just overweight. Chauvin only weighs 140 pounds.
Assumed Chauvin was much bigger. Height: 5′ 9″ - Weight : 154 lbs.

Last edited by john3232; 04-04-2021 at 09:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies