Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 08:38 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
I'm not concerned with what was written as an opinion, I'm concerned with the facts.

The facts show that Floyd had a likely lethal dose of Fentanyl in his system....and it wasn't his first overdose while being arrested.

They could write down COVID-19 as the cause of death and it wouldn't make a bit of difference to me. 11ng/ml of Fentanyl in your system is something that cannot be overlooked....and typically would outright be ruled the sole cause of death. There's quite a bit of politics involved in this case, and anyone involved with it has to be concerned about their lives and the lives of their families, so I fully understand why things have happened as they have.
Among other things, it is about "tolerance."

I have induced a patient with a dose of anesthetic induction drugs that most would be "out" only to find that those with a high drug tolerance due to history of drug abuse, are still awake and talking. I have to give twice or even three times the dose for the same effect as those without a drug tolerance from drug abuse.

And before you claim, "but that wasn't Fentanyl," know that we give a fair amount of IV Fentanyl before we push the IV anesthetic induction drug.

Last edited by jojajn; 04-07-2021 at 09:12 AM..

Old 04-07-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
What might have Chauvin been thinking he was doing? which is more likely

a) He thought he was just pining him down. He didn't realize Floyd was actually dead for a couple of minutes toward the end. He thought with the three of him on his back he had just given up and thought Floyd was just in the process of making up his mind to agree to stop resisting and tell them.

b) He thought eventually Floyd would pass out but not die. He didn't realize not only did he pass out, he had died.

c) He knew George Floyd, they both worked at a club and didn't like him. He didn't like the resistance either. The crowd was pissing him off too.
He felt powerful because they had finally pinned him down and it felt good on a primal level. After the first 5 minutes Floyd had stopped resisting or talking and he became very satisfied by that, intoxicated by it. He lost track of time. He didn't know if Floyd was knocked out or dead and he didn't care, a strange peaceful feeling had come over him. He never felt so satisfied and in control in his life. And none those people yelling at him could do anything about it. If Floyd died so what, knee restraints were allowed in the manual. He wasn't thinking about that so much, He was just sort of in a zone.
If ^ this were true, police should be required to take an IQ test before being hired. Pedestrians, including an eight year old girl, could see Floyd was in serious physical distress.

Old 04-07-2021, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by docyabut View Post
The defense showed pictures, the cop`s knee was on his shoulder blade, not on his neck

What I understand is the police camera showed the cop`s knee was on his shoulder blade, not on his neck, it was just another view of the witnesses different angle was on his neck .
After the paramedics arrived and were retrieving the stretcher, Chauvin repositioned his knee from Floyd's neck to his shoulder blade area. That is the video you saw.

Video showed Smith gesturing to Chauvin to remove his knee from Floyd's neck so they could put his limp body on a stretcher
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rge-Floyd.html

Old 04-07-2021, 09:06 AM

728 posts, read 302,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
As I explained in my previous message, keep in mind that he did move his knee at times. However, have you seen the entire video the individual took from the other angle? Don't watch an edited video though.

Mr. Floyd was not example of citizenship. And that can influence people on trying to excuse the officer. The point is that the officer has to treat an arrested individual having in mind not to kill him. The officers facial expression showed no emotions that showed any care whatsoever.

However, if you have an agenda of trying to show the officer did not do wrong, a video will still not convince you still.
Here is the link to the video I saw from another angle. If you do not see it as wrong, there is nothing else I can say. You see a warning before you can see the video. All you have to do is agree to see it and are of age to do so.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsc2ivfk9rY

You have a great day.
elamigo

I have to admit that this video evidence is hard to watch. Apparently, it was also difficult for the spectators to watch Floyd restrained in that position. I am sure we all find it difficult to watch people locked up in prison and endure all that hardship also. Do we want to abolish prisons? Floyd got himself imprisoned under a police officer's knee because he would not stay in the cop car.

It is reasonable to believe that no cop would expect a suspect to die under restraint with a knee on his neck. It is also reasonable to believe that no cop would know that a suspect under restraint has a bad cardiovascular condition and a lethal dose of drugs in his system. Floyd got himself in a bad place. The abusive spectators wanted to set him free. And that induced Chauvin to maintain the restraint and assert public order. If that killed Floyd, then the unruly spectators caused it.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Let this sink in, Floyd is the only reason everything happened.
^^^ Kind of like a wife beater saying, "you made me beat the crap out of you."

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If ^ this were true, police should be required to take an IQ test before being hired. Pedestrians, including an eight year old girl, could see Floyd was in serious physical distress.
Police departments prefer their cops dumb - or at least, just slightly above average. Average IQ for American police is about 104, and the Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal for police departments to refuse to hire applicants who are too intelligent.

Yes. I'm serious. They don't want their junkyard dogs to demonstrate a high ability to think for themselves.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-...6#.UYEkw7XU-Sq

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
What is the danger in that restraint for that long?
The danger of that kind of restraint is that if done improperly it could cause injury or death.

It didn't happen to in this instance, complications from a drug cocktail including an overdose of Fentanyl and a heart condition caused the death, but it was still reckless.

Floyd was likely to die no matter what happened. He was already experiencing symptoms of hypoxia before he ever went to the ground along with symptoms of pulmonary edema, which was confirmed upon autopsy, consistent with opioid overdose.

Again though, I get it, if I'm the medical examiner I'm not calling it an OD either. I'm doing everything I can to lynch the cop because it's plausible and a hell of a lot safer. If the cop walks, animals will descend upon the streets looking for blood. A white woman.....errr, black man is dead and the mob is demanding someone be lynched.

Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:12 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
^^^ Kind of like a wife beater saying, "you made me beat the crap out of you."
No, pointing out that a person died as a result of them ingesting an overdose of drugs is not anything like a wife beater blaming the woman for the beating.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:12 AM

728 posts, read 302,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Police departments prefer their cops dumb - or at least, just slightly above average. Average IQ for American police is about 104, and the Supreme Court has ruled that it is legal for police departments to refuse to hire applicants who are too intelligent.

Yes. I'm serious. They don't want their junkyard dogs to demonstrate a high ability to think for themselves.

No human being is too intelligent; otherwise, we wouldn't be living in such depravity throughout the planet.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post

This is scary!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies