Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2021, 09:20 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The danger of that kind of restraint is that if done improperly it could cause injury or death.

It didn't happen to in this instance, complications from a drug cocktail including an overdose of Fentanyl and a heart condition caused the death, but it was still reckless.

Floyd was likely to die no matter what happened. He was already experiencing symptoms of hypoxia before he ever went to the ground along with symptoms of pulmonary edema, which was confirmed upon autopsy, consistent with opioid overdose.

Again though, I get it, if I'm the medical examiner I'm not calling it an OD either. I'm doing everything I can to lynch the cop because it's plausible and a hell of a lot safer. If the cop walks, animals will descend upon the streets looking for blood. A white woman.....errr, black man is dead and the mob is demanding someone be lynched.

Funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.
FYI:

Lungs fill with fluid after most deaths.

Quote:
Vascular congestion of the lungs is by far the most common lung finding in autopsies. Vascular congestion is congestion of the lung blood vessels in excess of normal blood and fluid settling (“livor mortis”, “lividity” or “hypostasis”) which naturally occur in the post-mortem interval.
https://washingtonforensicsservices....nd-at-autopsy/

Old 04-07-2021, 09:21 AM

929 posts, read 304,131 times
19 years as a Police Officer. 19 Years of having to deal with the fallout from drugs, human failures, social problems,abuse, mistreatment of other human beings.
Some Police Officers that I know struggled to make the minimum 15 for Retirement.

When some told me about what they saw,, what they had to live with on a daily basis, it was Shocking.
And I don’t shock easily.

Just saying.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:22 AM

19,621 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Interesting, not surprising, how the media is reporting the trial, very biased. Chauvin's lawyer is doing a good job and has gotten answers from witnesses that help the defense, but that is being totally overlooked.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:24 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post

It is reasonable to believe that no cop would expect a suspect to die under restraint with a knee on his neck.
That is not true.

Any neck restraint that is applied without prudence can be fatal.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post
19 years as a Police Officer. 19 Years of having to deal with the fallout from drugs, human failures, social problems,abuse, mistreatment of other human beings.
Some Police Officers that I know struggled to make the minimum 15 for Retirement.

When some told me about what they saw,, what they had to live with on a daily basis, it was Shocking.

Just saying.
I am sure, especially with all the firearms out there.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,626,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This is scary!
Explains a lot, though, doesn't it?

Old 04-07-2021, 09:27 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
No, pointing out that a person died as a result of them ingesting an overdose of drugs is not anything like a wife beater blaming the woman for the beating.
Drug overdoses can be treated. That's why police officers in Minneapolis are trained and equipped with narcan.

You can't keep on saying that Chauvin's actions were wrong, but that Chauvin is blameless.

Old 04-07-2021, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Interesting, not surprising, how the media is reporting the trial, very biased. Chauvin's lawyer is doing a good job and has gotten answers from witnesses that help the defense, but that is being totally overlooked.
Not in the channel I have followed the trial on. I actually feel sorry for Chauvin's attorney. He seems like a nice guy and he has a challenging defense, probably to most difficult of his career.

728 posts, read 302,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speegleagle View Post

Just saying.

Yup, that's what a woman whose father, uncle and brothers were/are police officers told me the same thing:daily encounter with bad stuff. She said that her father, retired now, was the only one who never talked about it because it was that bad.

102,203 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
If anyone "killed" him it would have been the cop on his back/lungs/heart.

How so many people can't understand this is beyond me. Lemmings are gonna lemming, I guess...
Were you under the impression, that only one officer has been charged in the case? Oops, your bad. All 4 officers involved face potential maximum charges of 40 years in prison for their role in Floyd's death. Stay tuned for further developments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies