Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2021, 07:30 PM

6,344 posts, read 2,898,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Hmm, I've always heard the best way first responder treatment for a drug overdose is to kneel on a guys neck for 9 minutes. Didn't they teach you that in Med School?
That's what you learn in cop school. They called for paramedics and followed their training. Case closed - not guilty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
In law if you contribute to someone's death, their condition doesn't matter. You take your victim as you find him. What ever could have or would have been done or not is irrelevant. It doesn't matter if he was drunk or stoned or anything else. There's no way putting a knee and your body weight on someone's throat for 8 minutes didn't contribute to someone's death. If you mug someone with a heart condition and they die of a heart attack, you are guilty of felony murder. Face reality, cops can be and have been murderers too. Just like soldiers can be held accountable for war crimes, cops can be held accountable for excessive force and disregard for human life that ends in death.
The cops didn't mug Floyd. He broke the law and they did their job. It's not their fault that he took drugs and broke the law. Not guilty.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:39 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Do you agree with the science that says lethal doses of fentanyl causes the sensation of not being able to breathe and the science that says lethal doses of fentanyl cause heart attacks?

Do you agree with the facts that Floyd complained 6 times of not being able to breathe BEFORE those 9 minutes including before he was touched be officers?

Do you agree with the fact that Floyd died of a heart attack per the official medical examiner?
9 minutes will do it also.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:44 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
#1 What is more likely to cause the sensation of not being able to breathe BEFORE the 9 minutes -- A fatal dose of fentanyl that factually made the lungs fill with liquid or a knee that occurs several minutes after the first 6 times you complained about not being able to breathe?

#2 What is more likely to cause a heart attack -- A fatal does of fentanyl by a man with severe heart disease plus hypertension or a knee that causes zero bruising per the autopsy?

#3 If there is a chance that the heart attack was caused by the heart attack inducing lethal dose of fentanyl, then you can't say that Chauvin definitively killed Floyd, which is a requirement for murder. At this point, we'd be denying science or rule of law. Do you consider yourself a science denier or an insurrectionist to the rule of law?

Old 03-25-2021, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
The facts show that it was 7 minutes 45 seconds.
https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...ather-than-846
And that will not kill according to the cop's training. You can't find a cop guilty for following his training.

Minneapolis PD Trained Officers to Use the Neck Restraint That Killed George Floyd: Docs

“The training material supports that neck restraint was something taught to officers,”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/minnea...d-manual-shows

Open and shut. Not guilty.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:50 PM

6,844 posts, read 3,960,264 times
Well, I'll be glad if you are wrong. As long as we are just speculating, here's mine. Guilty. Prison sentence, hard time. Reform of the Minneapolis police force practices. Holding cops accountable when they break the law.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mascoma View Post
That's what you learn in cop school. They called for paramedics and followed their training. Case closed - not guilty.

The cops didn't mug Floyd. He broke the law and they did their job. It's not their fault that he took drugs and broke the law. Not guilty.

Old 03-25-2021, 07:56 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Well, I'll be glad if you are wrong. As long as we are just speculating, here's mine. Guilty. Prison sentence, hard time. Reform of the Minneapolis police force practices. Holding cops accountable when they break the law.
Well, the Democrats have enabled public unions to not allow bad public employees (tenured teachers, police, etc) to be fired easily. Chauvin had a record, some say it is way overstated, but it isn't the GOP that fights for these bad laws.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:05 PM

Quote:
The cops didn't break the law - they followed their training. That's why FOUR cops involved did what they did - it was their training. FOUR rogue cops? What are the chances? Zero - they followed their training.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:05 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
My guess is a hung jury, or the guy will be acquitted. GF was in the car prior screaming "I can't breathe.." which is why they took him out.

Payback for OJ. Not saying I condone that but that will be one of the reasons.

Cities will burn again. Except us in the South. .
Yep, my brother lives in a black majority city n the south that's over 60% black with a black mayor, black sheriff, black completely run....he said race relations are fantastic and no hint of violent protest.

I agree it's going to be a hung jury or Chauvin is acquitted....he won't be convicted of anything substantial.

Old 03-25-2021, 08:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Well you need to return your degree, because you clearly didn't have access to the autopsy.

Are you saying Fentanyl did not contribute to his paranoia and death? This is literally poison he willingly took.
Where in the autopsy report does it state Floyd died of Fentanyl overdose?

Old 03-25-2021, 08:11 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Where in the autopsy report does it state Floyd died of Fentanyl overdose?
In the cause of death section.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies