Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2021, 02:48 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,334,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintergirl80 View Post
That literally doesn't make sense. Floyd couldn't breathe when The police attempted to place him in the backseat of a police vehicle. At that point, there was no excessive force being used and yet Floyd vocalized he could not breathe.
Maybe he was claustrophobic and felt like he couldn’t breathe. Didn’t he say he wanted to sit in the front seat because the back of the vehicle makes him claustrophobic? It’s all speculative.

What we do know now, after all the testimonies from experts, is that Chauvin’s actions directly led to Floyd going into cardiopulmonary arrest that night. When Floyd was restrained, he couldn’t get enough oxygen. And his heart stopped. And Chauvin continued to kneel on him.

Chauvin killed Mr Floyd. And Chauvin made sure Floyd stayed dead.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:50 PM

13,256 posts, read 8,339,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXRunner View Post
I’m seeing the complete opposite. The ME said that the condition of Floyd’s heart was a major issue in not getting enough oxygen. Yes, the arrest and the adrenaline surge following from that is what triggered the breathing issues. The police were within their right to arrest him, so the categorization as homicide has no effect on the outcome of the trial. Just because someone has medical issues doesn’t mean you can’t arrest them.

The ME testimony just landed a big blow to the prosecution, probably why they cut off the questioning so quickly.
Can you specify what question and then answer are concluding this major blow?

What I am gathering is the defense is eloquently trying to discredit the ME with 'bias' mindset.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:51 PM

Quote:
I’m seeing the complete opposite. The ME said that the condition of Floyd’s heart was a major issue in not getting enough oxygen. Yes, the arrest and the adrenaline surge following from that is what triggered the breathing issues. The police were within their right to arrest him, so the categorization as homicide has no effect on the outcome of the trial. Just because someone has medical issues doesn’t mean you can’t arrest them.

The ME testimony just landed a big blow to the prosecution, probably why they cut off the questioning so quickly.
That’s nice dear. Meanwhile in reality, the ME just confirmed the excessive use of force by Chauvin led to Floyd’s cardiopulmonary arrest. Not overdose. Not a heart attack. Not a pulmonary embolism. Not a paraganglioma. Not whatever excuse the defense is trying to throw at the wall.

Murder 2.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Can you specify what question and then answer are concluding this major blow?

What I am gathering is the defense is eloquently trying to discredit the ME with 'bias' mindset.
I found the chief ME to be quite effective during his testimony. He used simple language that we all understood and explained very concisely the cause of death: Chauvin.

Old 04-09-2021, 02:59 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,452,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragnet View Post
The point I was making was that he probably would have died anyway, in fact almost certainly, given all the factors against him (which I named).

Granted, we now know both that death was imminent and that Chauvin could have safely terminated the restraint, but he didn’t know that at the time. As I’ve said before, I think he was taken by surprise, he wasn’t expecting death to result and was in disbelief.
He may have died in a year or ten, we don't know.

Chauvin didn't know when he didn't have a pulse that something was wrong, really?

Old 04-09-2021, 03:00 PM

Will credit this testimonial by Dr Baker. He is staying within his field of knowledge. Referring any other medical anomaly to their respective field of specialty.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:01 PM

728 posts, read 299,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Not according to the ME that did the autopsy. But what would he know?

Yup, nobody can know for sure when there are several factors in play. It could have been any one of those factors or a combination of two or more: 1 - Drug overdose. 2 - Cardiovascular disease. 3 - Mental anxiety caused by fear of going back to jail for life. 4 - Physical exertion resisting arrest and refusal to get into cop car.

If Floyd was physically fit and not high on drugs, he could have fought with the cops all day long and would still be kicking around in jail today.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:05 PM

2,630 posts, read 2,650,357 times
The ME just shot down the previous witness who said that contributing factors were listed just for the record, but didn’t play a role in Floyd’s death. Baker says he wouldn’t list it if it didn’t play a role in the death, including heart disease and drugs. Which ME are you guys watching?

Old 04-09-2021, 03:08 PM

Quote:
The ME just shot down the previous witness who said that contributing factors were listed just for the record, but didn’t play a role in Floyd’s death. Baker says he wouldn’t list it if it didn’t play a role in the death, including heart disease and drugs. Which ME are you guys watching?
Primary vs secondary.
I believe both professional medical to which you are referring to are both valid.
Not contradictory.

Old 04-09-2021, 03:11 PM

24,261 posts, read 14,115,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Yup, nobody can know for sure when there are several factors in play. It could have been any one of those factors or a combination of two or more: 1 - Drug overdose. 2 - Cardiovascular disease. 3 - Mental anxiety caused by fear of going back to jail for life. 4 - Physical exertion resisting arrest and refusal to get into cop car.

If Floyd was physically fit and not high on drugs, he could have fought with the cops all day long and would still be kicking around in jail today.
Maybe you should let the ME know that since his own documentation states that the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies