Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2021, 11:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
A cop, dealing with an uncooperative man, also concerned with the increasingly agitated crowd. It sounds like a situation where anyone of us would have handled it perfectly with the current anti-cop mentality even with extensive training (sarcasm)

I'm not pro or anti-cop, the less I have to deal with them the better but these are the facts. And not one of us knows how we would have handled this situation but a lot of people make judgments. We are all people, not robots. This is an example that it is not only the drug abuser who hurt themselves but they negatively affect those around him/her.
Three minutes, after he's been told Floyd has NO pulse, and Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's neck and ordered the other officers to stay on top of Floyd. Three minutes. I'm not anti-cop, but this is a fact. And I know that I would not have made the choice that Chauvin made.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:11 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Quote:
A cop, dealing with an uncooperative man, also concerned with the increasingly agitated crowd. It sounds like a situation where anyone of us would have handled it perfectly with the current anti-cop mentality even with extensive training (sarcasm)

I'm not pro or anti-cop, the less I have to deal with them the better but these are the facts. And not one of us knows how we would have handled this situation but a lot of people make judgments. We are all people, not robots. This is an example that it is not only the drug abuser who hurt themselves but they negatively affect those around him/her.
We dismissed the victim blaming defense and moved on to the facts in this case.
CPR was not rendered.
Mr Floyd was compliant virtually two minutes into his prone restraint.
The use of force was excessive.

And yes CPR is a procedure these officers were trained to render.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:27 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
How do you handle a combative patient? Oh right, the patient is already out so you don't have that issue.
Already out? Patients don't arrive already under anesthesia.

How do medical professionals deal with a large patient "who is frothing at the mouth?"

Hint: we do not put him/her prone on the floor and sit on their back.

Also, Floyd was in no way "combative."

Old 04-14-2021, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
How would you...forget you, how would orderlies handle a big guy like Floyd in a medical setting in a psychiatric ward for the mentally insane?
We do not put the patient prone on the floor and have three people sit on his/her back.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:38 AM

728 posts, read 303,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
We do not put the patient prone on the floor and have three people sit on his/her back.

Even when he has you by the throat and banging your head on the table? Don't give me your expertise on mad people. In this regard, I have had first hand experience in college on an assignment for my lab work in psychology. It was in a mental institution in the Hudson River Valley, New York. It was scary. I can never forget that gleam in his eyes. It thought me to have respect for people like cops who move toward violent people to engage and neutralize them. Me, I am a coward but I am not stupid. I don't share mindsets such as yours, people who think love conquers all.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:40 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Even when he has you by the throat and banging your head on the table?
Completely off topic.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbenson View Post
I'm watching the trial now. The defense has an expert who is suggesting that carbon monoxide from the patrol car may have contributed to Georg Floyd death. This may be a surprise issue raised. He doesn't say it was cause of death but may have been a contributing factor 5-15%
Did any of the labs (blood gasses) indicate a presence of carbon monoxide in the blood? I suspect that "doctor" is reaching.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:41 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
I suggest everybody tries doing this.

Lie down on a hard floor or short carpeted floor in a prone position with head turned.

I have noticed:

-- that you can breathe of course but you can't expand your chest as much so it's not as easy to take a deep breath

--without a pillow just with my head turned to the side that I was surprised that extent my neck was uncomfortably twisted feeling. There is a very tough tendon there and I am not sure how this twisted position of the neck would relate to the knee pressure in regard to the carotid artery

Anyway I highly recommend you do this to see what it feels like. On a hard surface it's not like being on a soft bed with a pillow.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
So the officers also subjected Mr Floyd to carbon monoxide poisoning. ?Wow, they sure did jeopardize the person's well being while being in their care.
But yeah this forensic pathologist is a quack.
Agreed.

Old 04-14-2021, 11:42 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:

The jury will decide. What would a reasonable police officer do? No reasonable officer would have believed that his actions were an appropriate, acceptable or reasonable use of force. & not for 9 minutes, 29 seconds.

His failure to simply roll George Floyd onto his side & into the ‘recovery position’ allowing him to breathe as his increasing medical distress became obvious was also unreasonable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies