Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2021, 12:00 PM

728 posts, read 302,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Re:bold: you are simply right.

As Desmond Tutu once observed, "People with power have an incredible capacity for wanting to be able to retain that power & don't like scrutiny."

Our laws grant police officers enormous leeway in these types of situations. That's why they are seldom charged, & even when charged seldom convicted.

There are no heroes here, & there will be no perfect justice. Perfect Justice is beyond the scope of humanity. Perfect Justice would return our loved ones to us after being wrongfully killed.

Human Justice consists of remedies after the fact, legal or otherwise, that's all we got.

& perhaps I am wrong to claim there are no heroes here?

The civilian bystanders who documented what took place can be considered heroes in my book.

They succeeded where our laws have failed; they made it impossible for them to avoid scrutiny.

If bystanders are not cowards, we would not need police officers to step up. Police officers are seldom charged because their conduct are reviewed by superior officers who have experience stepping up to deal with your loved ones with rap sheets for violent crime.

Old 04-18-2021, 12:22 PM

13,242 posts, read 4,919,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
If bystanders are not cowards, we would not need police officers to step up. Police officers are seldom charged because their conduct are reviewed by superior officers who have experience stepping up to deal with your loved ones with rap sheets for violent crime.
You're not making sense again, Chenping. I like it when you're reasonable & rational.

Old 04-18-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elamigo View Post
Your comment gave me the perception you were saying that it was OK to use that technique as if you are excusing the officer. I went to the website that you posted at the end. The website quotes a line from the MPD "the maximal restraint technique shall only be used in situations where handcuffed subjects are combative and still pose a threat to themselves, officers or others, or could cause significant damage property if not properly restrained."

I ask, was Mr. Floyd combative or not when the officer had his knee on the neck? Does it look like he posed a threat? From what I can see in the video, my answer is NO to both questions. He was begging to let go. I did not see the officer being moved around because Mr. Floyd was resisting. Read the rest of the article, and I suggest you take a close look at the guidance and the other points cited in the article, such as when to move the individual to the side for recovery. The other officer did suggest that.
You have a great day.
elamigo

Mr Floyd was combative until he was subdued with a knee on his neck. Mr. Floyd did not pose a danger to cowards - working for Cup Foods and bystanders taking videos and criticizing - who did not step up to deal with him. Mr. Floyd was not a stranger to violence. He had a rap sheet that includes armed robbery. He worked as a bouncer and was capable of initiating violent, physically aggressive altercation. Restraining Mr. Floyd is no different from restraining an alligator. When the beast stops resisting after you have your knee on its neck, you keep your damn knee there. You don't take it off or turn the gator in a recovery position.

Last edited by Chenping; 04-18-2021 at 12:40 PM..

Old 04-18-2021, 12:35 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Mr Floyd was combative until he was subdued with a knee on his neck. Mr. Floyd did not pose a danger to cowards - working for Cup Foods and bystanders taking videos and criticizing - who did not step up to deal with him. Mr. Floyd is not a stranger to violence. He had a rap sheet that includes armed robbery. He worked as a bouncer and was capable of initiating violent, physical aggressive altercation. Restraining Mr. Floyd is no different from restraining an alligator. When the beast stop resisting after you have your knee on its neck, you keep your damn knee there. You don't take it off or turn the gator in a recovery position.
He's not a gator, he's a human being. All of Chauvin's supervisors said procedure is to turn someone on their side when they are subdued so that they can breathe. Period. He didn't do that and they all acknowledged he was wrong.

Old 04-18-2021, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
He's not a gator, he's a human being. All of Chauvin's supervisors said procedure is to turn someone on their side when they are subdued so that they can breathe. Period. He didn't do that and they all acknowledged he was wrong.

Which Chauvin's supervisors are you talking about?

Old 04-18-2021, 12:44 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,791,579 times
Quote:
Which Chauvin's supervisors are you talking about?
Sgt. David Pleoger and Medaria Arradondo.

Old 04-18-2021, 01:15 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
The molotovs are being prepared as we speak...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90_sdv1jjPk

Old 04-18-2021, 02:23 PM

518 posts, read 400,372 times
Starting to think there maybe a not guilty verdict. Huh

Old 04-18-2021, 03:11 PM

29,505 posts, read 22,616,067 times
Smart business owners in Minneapolis now would be well advised to start preparing, now is not the time to be concerned with social media 'heroes' potentially calling out businesses for closing and boarding up due to potential riots ('racist' behavior).

If I owned a business there, I would close for the rest of this month and onto next. Board up all the front windows and remove anything of value inside the store. Pay my employees upfront for one month their salary and tell them to be somewhere safe. Ensure all my insurance is up to date.

Old 04-18-2021, 03:15 PM

13,285 posts, read 8,440,622 times
Quote:
Mr Floyd was combative until he was subdued with a knee on his neck. Mr. Floyd did not pose a danger to cowards - working for Cup Foods and bystanders taking videos and criticizing - who did not step up to deal with him. Mr. Floyd was not a stranger to violence. He had a rap sheet that includes armed robbery. He worked as a bouncer and was capable of initiating violent, physically aggressive altercation. Restraining Mr. Floyd is no different from restraining an alligator. When the beast stops resisting after you have your knee on its neck, you keep your damn knee there. You don't take it off or turn the gator in a recovery position.
Conjecture!

From chickens to alligators. I'm beginning to think you live in the wild. That would explain some of the skewed and uneducated conclusions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.