Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 09:29 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
are you a lawyer cause if so ill give you the benefit but to me the defendant gets every reasonable doubt which is a legal standard and you shouldn't be able to assassinate their character if it doesn't get to go both ways. I would say Floyds drug abuse and character was a huge factor in his death. It's not saying mental health and drug abuse area reasons to die but they are proven factors.
"Reasonable doubt" not doubt based on nonsensical thinking.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:30 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Wow, conservatives are really trying to defend Chauvin here. Please quote where the prosecution said this.

And conservatives wonder why the rest of us think conservatives have such a hard-on for a police state.
Let's not act like this isn't the narrative of EVEYRONE in MSM on TV and of course this gutless prosecution.

I think Chauvin will do time - I don't care one way or the other about the guy and I have had bad experiences iwth police as well.

But this twisted narrative that Floyd was a Saint is grotesque.

Most of you people (all of you???) would not have let Floyd (violent felon and drug addict) babysit your children, but then act all teary about the guy. Puh...lease..

Old 04-19-2021, 09:30 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
So, are they going to lynch this guy to try and save the city from the animals?

Old 04-19-2021, 09:31 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
How did Floyd die? That is the heart of the trial.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:32 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,087,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
The woke terrorists willl settle for nothing less than the death penalty. And the woke terrorists are so stupid and low-IQ that they probably don't even know there is no death penalty option.

SO....nothing will appease them and their terrorist demands.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:32 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 7 days ago)

35,629 posts, read 17,961,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
The prosecution:

George Floyd would have cured cancer
George Floyd would have brought about world peace
George Floyd was the Second Coming
It's not on the prosecution to prove the value of a victim's life.

Our legal system has that as a given - the victim's life had worth.

That's why this isn't a case of Chauvin vs. Floyd, but rather, The State vs. Chauvin.

In order to be guilty of murder or manslaughter, the prosecutor doesn't have to show the resume of the deceased and have the jury agree he shouldn't be killed.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:33 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,557,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How did Floyd die? That is the heart of the trial.
He died of a heart attack due to speedballing just like DMX. An overdose of Fentanyl combined with meth is deadly.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:34 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,114,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Let's not act like this isn't the narrative of EVEYRONE in MSM on TV and of course this gutless prosecution.

I think Chauvin will do time - I don't care one way or the other about the guy and I have had bad experiences iwth police as well.

But this twisted narrative that Floyd was a Saint is grotesque.

Most of you people (all of you???) would not have let Floyd (violent felon and drug addict) babysit your children, but then act all teary about the guy. Puh...lease..
What the hell are you talking about? The prosecution has stated many times that Floyd was no saint, that he had opioid addictions and a criminal past. No one has ever tried to make Floyd into some kind of saint figure.

You conservatives need to understand that just because a person is not Mother Theresa doesn't mean the person deserves to die.

Floyd is not on trial here.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Schleicher-
Best lines :
Nonsense!
Believe your eyes.

He is tearing down the defenses non sense.

The elements of facts are in line with the charges .

Attry Blackwell is to also comment in the closing.

Old 04-19-2021, 09:35 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,028,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
"Reasonable doubt" not doubt based on nonsensical thinking.
didn't realize I was speaking with the prosecutor. No amount of meth is safe. his arteries were clogged, he had massive amounts of drugs in his system, he was a known felon with history of lying about his breathing . All of that is reasonable doubt not unreasonable thinking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies