Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2021, 02:17 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,868,455 times

Advertisements

It is certainly a precarious time. To think about how bad things got this summer; depending on the verdict, the aftermath could be historic.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:18 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I would be vastly interested in your take on the Elijah McClain case.
I don't know much about it, but from what I've read it was a little guy who was choked out and then shot up with too much ketamine. It's hard to imagine that being necessary to restrain an unarmed 140 lb person.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Zero role! Even the defense claims Floyd was coherent up until the time his heart stopped.
Lol, so just ignore science then?

Old 04-19-2021, 02:20 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
He was dying of a heart attack brought on by drugs he swallowed, there was really nothing that could be done for him. I just wouldn't have done anything that would look bad on film so that I wouldn't get blamed for his heart attack.
You sure? That medically there was not anything that can be done?

Heart arrest is the ceasing of the heart pumping. No electrical current.
A heart attack is not the exact same definition. Even a pathologist said a heart attack would show that damage during the attack.

I can tell you, that putting someone in the prone position and pressurizing their midsection is NOT helping a person in duress.

Been to er's where remedies are made.
They don't wait til there is no pulse.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:21 PM

9,822 posts, read 11,544,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not delighted about anything. I don't really care about Floyd. I don't think that he is no longer with us is any great loss. What's a tragedy is how many people will be killed or their businesses will be ruined forever due to the left's racebaiting.
It's Funny because i don't really care about Chauvin, and I hope his Racist @@@ Rots in Jail, as well as all those, racist, Insurrectionist Traders on Jan 6.

God Bless Our President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
You sure? That medically there was not anything that can be done?

I can tell you, that putting someone in the prone position and pressurizing their midsection is NOT helping a person in duress.

Been to er's where remedies are made.
They don't wait til there is no pulse.
Dying from a heart attack brought on by a drug cocktail including an overdose of Fentanyl is going to happen no matter how you are restraining the person, the only thing that's going to really help them is a hospital.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:28 PM

6,393 posts, read 4,113,787 times
Quote:
I don't know much about it, but from what I've read it was a little guy who was choked out and then shot up with too much ketamine. It's hard to imagine that being necessary to restrain an unarmed 140 lb person.
Your homework assignment: Dig up dirt on the little unarmed guy and make a case on how he is a piece of garbage.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:29 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWidow View Post
Me too. I always thought that the words " I can't breathe" were when the knee was on the neck....watching the video where he says it in the back seat of the car....changed my opinion.
Changed your opinion from what?

This is one of your previous posts here:

Wintergirl80;60782511] Post #1903

Quote:
This is one reason I have little sympathy for Floyd. Maybe what happened to him - - was his karma.

also someone that continuously does drugs including numerous overdoses is in fact risking their own life. Eventually that catches up with you.

Regarding Derek Chauvin Did he use excessive force YES but did he deliberately end Floyd's life. I'd say NO.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:35 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
Regardless of where you stand on this:
  1. There is no possible way that Chauvin gets a fair trial here. The threat of violence against the jury and witnesses is too blatant and it's only going to get worse.
  2. BLM riots no matter the outcome.

Old 04-19-2021, 02:39 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
He was dying of a heart attack brought on by drugs he swallowed, there was really nothing that could be done for him. I just wouldn't have done anything that would look bad on film so that I wouldn't get blamed for his heart attack.
Fentanyl actually has a protective effect on the heart. That is why it has been used in very high amounts for patients having cardiac bypass surgery.

Quote:
Fentanyl is one opioid that has been closely linked to inflammatory mediators and myocardial protection. It reduces the CPB-induced inflammatory response and ischaemic reperfusion injury during cardiac surgery.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...0al.%2C%202005).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies