Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-20-2021, 08:59 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,051,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I found them all, except Dr. Fowler, knowledgeable and credible.
Gee that’s surprising. Not.
Your finding them all credible to me shows why you never know with a jury. They all go in with preconceived notions (on both sides) and it is hard to overturn that even when someone feels they are being objective.

You even found the expert witness with the 10 signs of excited delirium credible? I found that to be very superficial.

From what I saw I can’t see how there couldn’t be a reasonable doubt. Maybe that is my preconceptions taking over. Except I feel he probably does deserve some jail time but my vote can’t be based upon what I feel would be right.

I didn’t see it all though.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:00 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,900,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
Reading the jury's mind is a lot better. It's like reading my own mind or yours. No matter what our findings, we are in the grip of fear. Both of us will hand in a guilty verdict. There is no payback for doing the right thing.

Chauvin did the right thing. I would stand by him if I am not a coward.
It's not cowardice to change one's mind when facts, & supporting evidence are presented.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 AM

8,920 posts, read 2,524,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
It's not cowardice to change one's mind when facts, & supporting evidence are presented.
Agreed, that's what I did. When initially all I had to go on was the video, I thought it was murder, but then the facts supported by evidence came out and I realize my first impression was wrong.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:05 AM

728 posts, read 301,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Police do have first responder medical training. One would assume that would include training to determine if a person has a pulse.

Chauvin and his fellow officers were in a take-down and arrest situation. They were not responding to an emergency like an auto accident and saving lives.

EMS was called and minutes away. Even the paramedics who arrived did not render immediate attention on account of the insecure situation posed by the crowd. Floyd was put into the ambulance and taken away.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:07 AM

2,078 posts, read 1,024,398 times
Quote:
Police do have first responder medical training. One would assume that would include training to determine if a person has a pulse.

have you ever checked someones pulse? A first responder medical certificate is like half a step above first aid. You won't and don't have to believe me but paramedics, nurses, and doctors can't always feel a pulse and they are all trained in finding pulses. I've never in my life heard the term anoxic seizure until this trial. It's not reasonable to assume a cop with bare minimum training would know it and then instantly recognize it while also fighting with a known felon who is still fighting them. There is well beyond a reasonable doubt in this case why Floyd died. It had very little, if anything, to do with Chauvin.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:09 AM

13,273 posts, read 8,390,488 times
Heart arrest / pulmonary arrest.

Both are what every human will surcumb to. When ceasing life.

How is a heart attack different then an arrest?

If you don't know that- learn it.
They are not interchangeable.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:09 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,900,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Yes, for example, the heart attack that came after the defendant's acts, brought on by the ingestion of a drug cocktail that altered the natural sequence of events and was the sole cause of events that would not otherwise have occurred.

If not for Floyd ingesting the drugs, he'd be alive today.
The reasonableness, or unreasonableness, of that argument should be considered in light of all of the other evidence provided in this case.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:11 AM

728 posts, read 301,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

You and I know what cowardice is. Changing one's mind to do the right thing is not doable when facts and supporting evidence are presented to give us the way out of doing the right thing.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenping View Post
What do you know? You are an anesthesiologist who has been displaying a disregard for professional ethics. Even Dr. Fowler knows well to defer to Dr. Tobin even though he knows that the latter is a fool.

Where did you go to school?
I don't respond to insults. If you want a civil discussion then act in a civil manner.

Old 04-20-2021, 09:13 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,753,611 times
Quote:
Checking for a pulse is the cornerstone of Basic Life Support BLS/CPR training.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.