Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 04:39 AM

3,748 posts, read 1,443,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Chauvin should have been more careful, and he should be charged with something. But I agree, it does not seem to be any kind of murder. And as far as anyone knows at this point, there was no racism involved.

It was bizarre how riots errupted, as if it were known for sure that Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd because of his race.
Agreed. I don't think it was race. But foul play by Chauvin. Chauvin needs to get some prison time.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:20 AM

1,262 posts, read 561,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
They overcharge in these cases, for a reason. Not Guilty.
They play the stupid public, like a fiddle to get their way.
YA! Throw the book at him!... oops.
He would do time on a lesser charge and be convicted. Certain criteria have to be met to meet the charge. They don't have it for the charge.
This. It seems like every single high profile cases goes this way. DA charges above what he knows he can prove in court because otherwise there would be marches on the mayor's office demanding more. A decent defense attorney comes in and blows holes in the case, sewing reasonable doubt. Criminal prosecution is all about playing the odds; a lower charge almost always results in a conviction and demand for maximum sentence under that charge. It's at least something instead of watching the defendant walk.

If they actually manage to secure a conviction, I predict an overturn on appeal. Defense will cite the politically charged prosecution, a jury tainted by the previously settled $27 million lawsuit, a venue in which it would be nearly impossible to find 12 impartial jurors who haven't been flooded with "facts" of the case through news and social media over the past year, or even a jury which may be afraid to acquit for its own safety. Just one comment from a juror to a news outlet or on social media about doubt in the case will sink them on appeal.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:36 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Chauvin should have been more careful, and he should be charged with something. But I agree, it does not seem to be any kind of murder. And as far as anyone knows at this point, there was no racism involved.

It was bizarre how riots errupted, as if it were known for sure that Chauvin intentionally killed Floyd because of his race.
Chauvin should not be charged at all.....he was doing his job.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:44 AM

4,904 posts, read 2,056,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
I do not believe he will be found not guilty. I think they are going to convict him of manslaughter. The jury will be too scared that the country will burn. They will settle on manslaughter. Chauvin will be sacrificed for peace. Just watch!
^^^^^^^^^

I agree with this 100%. It’s sad that somebody will be sacrificed for a fear of “what might happen.”

Old 03-27-2021, 05:46 AM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Not only will he be found not guilty, he will file a substantial civil lawsuit against the city and win.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:32 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,391,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If the body cam video is watched and he has a competent defense attorney there is no way he can be convicted

1. There was never any force used before the “on the ground death”.

2. George said “I can’t breathe” 7 times while sitting in the squad not being touched

3. Medics were called by police

4. George asked to be put on the ground

5. Knee to the back/neck area was allowed by policy

6. Dispatch advised to speed up medics again

7. George had 3.5 times the lethal amount of Fentanyl in his blood as well as other semi serious internal health conditions

8. The coroner report essentially states that the fentanyl is the cause of death

9. No intent. Derek never meant to kill George. That is clear

https://centaurfilmworks.com/phone/index.html
I think the jury will either be hung or convict on the lesser charge to protect themselves and their families. Their names might get out there since the city is so corrupt.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:33 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
If the body cam video is watched and he has a competent defense attorney there is no way he can be convicted

1. There was never any force used before the “on the ground death”.

2. George said “I can’t breathe” 7 times while sitting in the squad not being touched

3. Medics were called by police

4. George asked to be put on the ground

5. Knee to the back/neck area was allowed by policy

6. Dispatch advised to speed up medics again

7. George had 3.5 times the lethal amount of Fentanyl in his blood as well as other semi serious internal health conditions

8. The coroner report essentially states that the fentanyl is the cause of death

9. No intent. Derek never meant to kill George. That is clear

https://centaurfilmworks.com/phone/index.html
Then get ready for riots. I mean.... "mostly peaceful protests".
Riots are so 1991 (Rodney King).

Old 03-27-2021, 06:43 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
I am calling it out now - they have to find him guilty or leftist insurrectionists will destroy billions in kill dozens like they did for months on end in 2020.

Look at this forum. Are there any leftists that care about:

(1) Murder REQUIRES that you intended to kill and you did kill beyond a reasonable doubt.

(2) Scientific facts of what a lethal dose of Fentanyl does for side effects and that Floyd had a lethal dose, which would also create a reasonable doubt that Chauvin killed him.

(3) Facts of the video about when Floyd first was foaming at the mouth and complaining about not being able to breathe linking back to the reasonable doubt that the lethal dose was killing the unhealthy man.

(4) Facts of the police are specifically told to pin a suspect on their belly when they are foaming so they can't choke on their own liquids. Floyd also had zero bruising on his neck and back/shoulders. If Chauvin was really trying to "snuff him out" or "torture" him as leftists say, why didn't it leave any bruising? Why would Chauvin do this knowing half a dozen cameras were on him and while it was Chauvin himself that countermanded the other officer to speed up the ambulance BEFORE Floyd passed out.

The left has created a scenario where science is denied, facts in the video are denied, rule of law is denied, and facts from the autopsy are denied. The left is as anti-science as one can get in the Floyd case.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:07 AM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
If they were doing their job correctly then why did all 4 of them get fired?
Have you seen the political left in this country committing mass insurrection across the land while their political leaders enabled it? Billions in property damage, looting, arson, dozens dead, spiking crime rates. Have you seen the left deny science over and over again.

You have jojan here pretending to be a medical professional while blatantly denying the science behind the side effects of a fentanyl overdose and denying the timeline of events of when the mouth started foaming in the video and when Floyd complained he couldn't breathe as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You folk keep misstating the findings on Fentanyl. There is no finding that it was a lethal dose. What is claimed is such a dose could be lethal...not that it was lethal. So it could also be non lethal. And that is how it is treated in the autopsy report - potentially a contributor to Floyd's problem.
The left is as anti-science as one can get with the Floyd case. I've had to post this over and over again, because the left denies science.

According to George Floyd’s toxicology report, his blood contained 11.0 ng/mL Fentanyl, plus 5.6 ng/mL norfentanyl, 19 ng/mL of methamphetamine, and three other drugs.

Blood concentrations of approximately 7 ng/ml or greater have been associated with fatalities where poly-substance use was involved.

"A memorandum filed by the Hennepin County Attorney’s office on June 1 indicated that chief medical examiner Dr. Andrew Baker, who listed Floyd’s death as a homicide, thought the amount of fentanyl in Floyd’s blood was “pretty high” and could be “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances.”

“[Dr. Baker] said that if Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home (or anywhere else) and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death,” the memo said."

Floyd was extremely unhealthy and not even under normal circumstances, he had severe heart disease, hypertension and arteries that were mostly blocked.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:14 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Here is the unenviable position the 12 jurors will find themselves in when deliberating. For Chauvin's safety, it might be in the best interest to convict. If they acquit, then they signed a death warrant for Chauvin and in effect sentenced him to death. Chauvin will be lynched, bludgeoned, shot or choked to death if he walks. You really think people will accept the results if they acquit Chauvin?
No fan of what I saw of Chauvin but I think conviction is unlikely. If he's acquitted, probably should leave the USA for sure. If he's jailed in a prison, he'll definitely be killed in prison.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies