Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 06:18 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Being a medical professional that administers Fentanyl daily to patients, I can unequivocally tell you the Floyd did not die from an overdose of Fentanyl.

An individual who overdosed on Fentanyl would be unresponsive almost immediately after the ingestion/injection.

The "froth" coming from his mouth was due to his heart stopping while he was prone.
Your very statement says you are full of it. The guy had enough fentanyl in his system to kill a horse which says he had been using for a long time and built up a resistance to the drug. It finally caught up with him and his body gave up.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:27 PM

2,828 posts, read 824,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
It was murder... totally unnecessary action by the police even though it is a legal act of restraint - but not for 9 minutes... not after Floyd claimed on multiple occasions that he couldn't breathe.

Democrats run everything and allowed this cop to do what he did by ignoring past offenses.

State attorney general is an Antifa supporter along with others in the local/state government. The biggest winner of the protests last year were Antifa, BLM Inc received tens of millions of dollars, Democrats caused unrest and used the crisis to hinder Trump. Why wouldn't they want more riots? They don't believe in America as it is. Why not create another opportunity to tear down more of the country? The cost/benefit analysis of taking this "useless" life has been great for these groups (I say it this way because that's how they think).

I am fully expecting Chauvin to get minimal penalties, and Antifa/BLM Inc to embed themselves in protests and create more destruction to the country - because it worked so well for them last year.
It wasn't murdered he over-dosed. He was saying "I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground which is a result of the fentanyl overdose. Opioids poison the respiratory system and guess what the result is, breathing stops. The cop just happened to put his knee on his neck at the wrong time. It is a procedure they used for years without fatal results. Gee I wonder how many others died when a cop used this procedure? None!

Old 03-27-2021, 06:58 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,880,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
To my best recollections we have rapid ability to reverse fentanyl OD and in certain areas all paramedics have the antidote readily on hand.

Had help been called immediately upon seeing him presenting as Emotionally disturbed minus the stress and knee to the neck, he likely could have been saved. What the coroners are not going to mention is acute stress can bring on heart attacks in patients with underlying problems such as Floyd.
That would be the case if, Floyd died of an OD. No medical examiner stated he died of an OD.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:53 PM

366 posts, read 110,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I’m calling it here and now. Derek Chauvin will be not guilty

Been saying this since last June...

I hope I'm wrong.
They will do all they can to find him guilty and still probably won’t...why would you want an innocent guy found guilty?

Old 03-27-2021, 08:00 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
It wasn't murdered he over-dosed. He was saying "I can't breathe" long before he was on the ground which is a result of the fentanyl overdose. Opioids poison the respiratory system and guess what the result is, breathing stops. The cop just happened to put his knee on his neck at the wrong time. It is a procedure they used for years without fatal results. Gee I wonder how many others died when a cop used this procedure? None!
Floyd's death has been ruled a homicide.

The autopsy report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office concludes the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." That conclusion, death due to heart failure, differs from the one reached by an independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; that report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...or-coronavirus

Old 03-27-2021, 08:20 PM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yes and then Chauvin has a death warrant to be collected by street justice... Zero-sum game.
Yep, why I would emigrate after acquittal to somewhere in Asia such as Singapore if I were Chauvin.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:37 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You don't need to do that for 8 minutes though. He was one man and Chauvin had backup
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
#'s 5 and 9:

5. Knee to the back/neck area was allowed by policy.

The policy allowed neck restraint against active resistance. Chauvin violated the policy by maintaining the neck restraint long after Floyd stopped actively resisting.

9. No intent. Derek never meant to kill George. That is clear

3rd degree murder doesn't require intent.
Autopsy shows no signs of compression. The inability to breathe is result of drugs overdose. The kneeing did nothing to Floyd's health. All Chauvin is guilty of is bad taste in front of camera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Not only will he be found not guilty, he will file a substantial civil lawsuit against the city and win.
If only we live in a perfect world

Old 03-27-2021, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He's charged with 3 offenses: 2nd degree manslaughter, 3rd degree murder, and 2nd degree Unintentional murder.

Minnesota has two types of 2nd degree murder. One where's there's Intent, but not premeditation. The other is for Unintentionally causing someone's death while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense.

None of the charges require proof of intent to kill.
Knee on neck is not the cause of anything. The autopsy showed none or not enough compression of neck to stop breathing. Chauvin did nothing but follow procedures. Plus even if Knee on neck can kill, that is fault of department for allowing it. What else is Chauvin suppose to do?

Old 03-27-2021, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tencent View Post
Many of you don't understand this has nothing to do with Floyd and everything to do with the wealth distribution in modern day capitalism.

Please see the Roman Republic and why it collapsed. It's ALWAYS about the money!!!!
Well, it just became the Empire, but the Senate still had powers. Plus Military/Praetorians assassinated enough emperors and installed their choice. Enough generals with help of their loyal army installed themselves. That is pseudo representative as those involved are usually from all classes.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
There was a reason that all 4 were fired the next day.
To please the morons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
What do you think that reason is?

I think it was an attempt to calm the situation in the City.
Those officers should sue for wrongful termination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies