Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 12:36 AM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times

Advertisements

I don't think that the cop murdered Floyd but I do think that the cop contributed to Floyd's death. There is simply no reason for that police officer to have been kneeling on Floyd's neck for such a prolonged period of time.

But Floyd also contributed to his own death by ingesting narcotics and resisting arrest. Floyd also had a pretty extensive list of health issues - heart and liver disease, high blood pressure, sickle cell trait and to top it off he was Covid positive, too. There was no way that the police officers could have known all of that.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:53 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,120,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
None of this fits the liberal narrative.

So, I'm not sure what's going to happen.
Exactly

Old 03-28-2021, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I agree, Chauvin will be found not guilty. But it has nothing to do with the points you cited. When was the last time a police officer was found guilty in a case like this? If a cop can shoot and kill Michael Brown when he had his hands up, and get off, then surely this guy can kneel on someone’s neck until he’s dead and go scot free.

If police in Louisville can shoot an innocent woman in her bed and get away with it, it is clear that the police are NEVER held responsible in these cases.
This post is lunacy.

You’re lying about Michael “robbery” Brown. Barrack Hussein’s DOJ couldn’t even charge The cop because of the evidence that Mr Robbery fought cop for gun punches cop then charged cop and was much taller and 100+ pounds more than the cop. HUGE lie and fail

Brianna Taylor oh you mean the girl who was accidentally killed when her boyfriend opened fire on police.

Old 03-28-2021, 01:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
I agree, Chauvin will be found not guilty. But it has nothing to do with the points you cited. When was the last time a police officer was found guilty in a case like this? If a cop can shoot and kill Michael Brown when he had his hands up, and get off, then surely this guy can kneel on someone’s neck until he’s dead and go scot free.

If police in Louisville can shoot an innocent woman in her bed and get away with it, it is clear that the police are NEVER held responsible in these cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I think that's the point some are making they are being railroaded. I don't think the other 3 officer should've even been fired let alone charged, particularly the 2 junior officers.
Exactly. Did nothing wrong. Huge lawsuit coming

Old 03-28-2021, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
so i saw either on Fox news or somewhere that the lawyer for the man who died, wants them to keep evidence out of the trial which was the video of what went on before the man got the knee to his neck. he was on drugs and fussing verbally with the officers, and arguing and being stubborn, and he couldn't be still, so this video if brought into evidence would show there is a back story to the situation which would change how the whole situation was viewed in its entirety.

I think its wrong when they hold back evidence that may change the outcome. this is not right.
Ummmm didn’t you watch my video in my OP

Old 03-28-2021, 01:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLCNYC View Post
He was “dying” long before the cops even arrived.
Can this be proven? Remember, this was what got Dr. Jack Kevorkian his murder conviction. He killed people who were dying. Mind you, unlike Floyd, these people WANTED to die and he was still charged and convicted (after four previous failed charges of assisted suicide despite at least 130 assisted suicides.)

Old 03-28-2021, 01:22 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,894,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't think that the cop murdered Floyd but I do think that the cop contributed to Floyd's death. There is simply no reason for that police officer to have been kneeling on Floyd's neck for such a prolonged period of time.

But Floyd also contributed to his own death by ingesting narcotics and resisting arrest. Floyd also had a pretty extensive list of health issues - heart and liver disease, high blood pressure, sickle cell trait and to top it off he was Covid positive, too. There was no way that the police officers could have known all of that.
So does any of that allow the police officer to kneel on his back and neck for nine minutes. I can tell you if you apply pressure to block breathing, you can still speak from the air in your lungs. If you want to try it, press your hand into your neck hard and try talking. Hurts like Hell, but you can still get words out despite it being hoarsed while having breathing constricted. You can't if you are choking on an object however.

For more read this: https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ou-Can-Breathe

Old 03-28-2021, 01:30 AM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
No matter the verdict, there will be inner city riots. Not as a means of protest, as they never are one. Just as a normal course of events in many liberal inner cities.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:23 AM

1,261 posts, read 561,253 times
If a bunch of random commenters on a forum can come to different conclusions based on the same available information, imagine the kind of reasonable doubt that professional defense attorneys can highlight.

Old 03-28-2021, 05:57 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Floyd's death has been ruled a homicide.

The autopsy report from Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office concludes the cause of death was "cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression." That conclusion, death due to heart failure, differs from the one reached by an independent examiner hired by the Floyd family; that report listed the cause of death as "asphyxiation from sustained pressure."
https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...or-coronavirus
He also had hypertensive heart disease that coupled with a respiratory depressant can cause death at any time. Hell, the struggle with the police probably killed him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies