Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 05:58 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The toxicology report of George Floyd showed that he had 11ng/cc concentration of fentanyl in his blood stream, as well as metabolites of fentanyl. The officers at the scene reported that Floyd had "froth coming from his mouth", which is consistent with pulmonary edema caused by a massive ingestion of fentanyl. In addition, his autopsy showed marked pulmonary edema, consistent with a fentanyl overdose.

I do reviews of cases for attorneys (malpractice cases for the defense) in addition to my medical practice and so have some legal exposure. Objectively, Floyd died of a drug overdose and there would have been nothing on the planet that could have saved him, except for rapid intubation and reversal of the drug with narcan.

Now FLoyd was a big man. Securing his airway, even by someone skilled in intubation, would have been difficult. In addition, he would have been very difficult to ventilate with marked pulmonary edema, and it would have been likely that he would have expired even with a skilled physician or EMT immediately securing his airway.

One would expect that justice will not be served and the arrested officers will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness to prevent nationwide rioting. However, the fact of the matter is that Floyd died of an overdose, not the acts of the police.

Spoken like someone reviewing the case for the defense as stated. Or is kneeling on someone's neck for 9 minutes when they're subdued and in distress accepted procedure?

Old 03-28-2021, 05:58 AM

2,828 posts, read 824,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you kill a guy that is high on drugs...you are still facing a first degree murder charge! (the fact he was high is irrelevant).
As I said it wasn't murder.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:00 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Ummmm didn’t you watch my video in my OP
I haven't watched the video yet, but either you or it have at least two important things wrong. First, Chauvin did not follow the neck restraint policy. Second, none of the 3 charges against Chauvun require the state to prove he intended to kill Floyd.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I don't think that the cop murdered Floyd but I do think that the cop contributed to Floyd's death. There is simply no reason for that police officer to have been kneeling on Floyd's neck for such a prolonged period of time.

But Floyd also contributed to his own death by ingesting narcotics and resisting arrest. Floyd also had a pretty extensive list of health issues - heart and liver disease, high blood pressure, sickle cell trait and to top it off he was Covid positive, too. There was no way that the police officers could have known all of that.
Floyd was a walking time bomb and probably would have died within the next few days, the police just pushed it along a little.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:16 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
"A memorandum filed by the Hennepin County Attorney’s office on June 1 indicated that chief medical examiner Dr. Andrew Baker, who listed Floyd’s death as a homicide, thought the amount of fentanyl in Floyd’s blood was “pretty high” and could be “a fatal level of fentanyl under normal circumstances.”

Did you notice the word could?

could

verb

used to indicate possibility.
"they could be right"
used in making polite requests.
"could I use the phone?"
Have you heard of reasonable doubt?

Democrats are science deniers. I've posted over and over again, that 7 ng/mL in the bloodstream is considered lethal. He had above that.

The medical examiner himself said that had Floyd been found dead alone it would have been written off as died of overdose and no one would have questioned it.

Is there not a reasonable doubt that Floyd killed himself with an overdose?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
You are both incorrect and substantially so.

This man could have easily been resuscitated if he had been upright and not pinned to the ground. It was not the drugs those could and would have been overcome, nor his panic attack nor his cardiac history. He died because he was held face down compromising his ability to exchange oxygen in his lungs and his airway pressed to the ground. In doing that carbon dioxide built up in his system and his heart stopped.

Quote:
It is clear from the police recordings that Floyd complained of breathing difficulty prior to any police restraint. In other words, he was in the process of dying prior to the arrival of the police. When the police recognized his condition they called for medics. Floyd was restrained on his stomach according to protocol. One effect of fentanyl is nausea. Having a person on their stomach keeps them from choking on their own vomit. This is why police protocol requires them to be restrained on their stomach.
https://www.sgtreport.com/2020/07/wh...e-of-fentanyl/

Old 03-28-2021, 07:35 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Floyd was a walking time bomb and probably would have died within the next few days, the police just pushed it along a little.
Floyd looked healthy and fit to me. If Floyd was as sick as you claim, why would the officers have to sit on his back and neck to subdue him?

Last edited by jojajn; 03-28-2021 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-28-2021, 07:43 AM

7,759 posts, read 3,885,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
You are twisting to avoid the truth in what I am saying.

He stated he had enough fentanyl in his system to kill him.

He also stated he died by heart attack.

------

Science says fentanyl can kill by heart attacks.

Science says fentanyl can make someone feels as if they can't breathe, fill their lungs with liquid, and foam at the mouth.

------

Floyd was foaming at the mouth and saying he couldn't breathe BEFORE a single cop touched him. Also his lungs were 2 to 3 times heavier than what they should have been from pulmonary edema AND fentanyl overdoses can cause pulmonary edema.

------

I am saying there is reasonable doubt - because the lethal dose of fentanyl (the medical examiner stated it was very high and high enough to kill Floyd) could have killed him.
Science also says if you press down on someone's cartoid artery enough restricting blood supply to the brain you can kill them.

What exactly do you think exacerbated the pulmonary edema Pressure to the neck and back will do it , obviously

Old 03-28-2021, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The toxicology report of George Floyd showed that he had 11ng/cc concentration of fentanyl in his blood stream, as well as metabolites of fentanyl. The officers at the scene reported that Floyd had "froth coming from his mouth", which is consistent with pulmonary edema caused by a massive ingestion of fentanyl. In addition, his autopsy showed marked pulmonary edema, consistent with a fentanyl overdose.

I do reviews of cases for attorneys (malpractice cases for the defense) in addition to my medical practice and so have some legal exposure. Objectively, Floyd died of a drug overdose and there would have been nothing on the planet that could have saved him, except for rapid intubation and reversal of the drug with narcan.

Now FLoyd was a big man. Securing his airway, even by someone skilled in intubation, would have been difficult. In addition, he would have been very difficult to ventilate with marked pulmonary edema, and it would have been likely that he would have expired even with a skilled physician or EMT immediately securing his airway.

One would expect that justice will not be served and the arrested officers will be sacrificed on the alter of political correctness to prevent nationwide rioting. However, the fact of the matter is that Floyd died of an overdose, not the acts of the police.
Some "objective" research to assist you with any "case reviews you do for attorneys (malpractice cases for the defense):"

Quote:
The very wide and overlapping ranges of postmortem fentanyl concentrations effectively nullify the utility of correlating the dose and expected postmortem concentration for any particular death. Based on the variable relationship between dose and blood concentration, the antemortem dose cannot be reliably predicted based on the postmortem concentration.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3576505/

Old 03-28-2021, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Floyd looked healthy and fit to me. If Floyd was as sick as you claim, why would the officers have to sit on his back and neck to subdue him?
You saw a short video and you can tell he was healthy. The medical examiner's findings would differ from your opinion. He was loaded with drugs.

Old 03-28-2021, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
You saw a short video and you can tell he was healthy. The medical examiner's findings would differ from your opinion. He was loaded with drugs.

I saw a muscular man who was wide awake and totally aware of his surroundings and circumstances.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies