Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2021, 06:22 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
So what you're saying is you don't see neck bruising in Jiu Jitsu because you are not trying to asphyxiate the other person.

Are you then suggesting Floyd did not have neck bruising because Chauvin was not trying to asphyxiate him?
Ive been choked unconscious, and choked other people out. No bruises. If you do it with your hands the pressure points of your fingers tend to leave bruises.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:22 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Mr. Floyd didn't die of an overdose. He died as a result of the cop leaning on his ****ing neck for almost 10 damn minutes!!
When you see the list of drugs in Floyd’s system it kind of blows the mind of a normal person. While rare, people have overdosed on as little as 3 ng/mL of fentanyl and Floyd had 11 ng/mL. When you take into consideration the health complications, the complications of mixing drugs, the 2019 arrest that sent him to the hospital, the breathing issues that started before Chauvin touched him, and the fact that he was shoving pills in his mouth when police were there, I don’t see how any halfway decent defense attorney wouldn’t be able to show there’s reasonable doubt regarding what killed Floyd.

I believe one of the passengers in Floyd’s car is going to testify for the defense. It seems Floyd was so intoxicated that he passed out in the car and the passengers had to call for a ride home before police even got there.

The autopsy showing absolutely no damage to Floyd’s neck isn’t going to help either. How does someone put enough pressure on someone’s neck to kill them, but not leave so much as a mark or bruise or anything?

Old 03-31-2021, 06:25 PM

2,634 posts, read 2,677,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Ive been choked unconscious, and choked other people out. No bruises. If you do it with your hands the pressure points of your fingers tend to leave bruises.
People are claiming asphyxiation with one knee until the point of death. You think that might leave a little something in an autopsy.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:30 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,717,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
BS-

Given his serum levels of fentanyl, he was a walking dead man.

So he was going to die anyway but the cops just happened to be there at the exact moment?

An autopsy on Floyd conducted by the Hennepin County Medical Examiner's Office
last month concluded that Floyd "became unresponsive while being
restrained by law enforcement officers" and died as a result of
"cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression."

^^ does not say overdose

A person that is overdosing on fentanyl may exhibit the following signs and symptoms:

Low blood pressure
Drowsiness
Dizziness
Nausea and vomiting
Limp body
Changes in pupillary size
Cold and clammy skin
Blue colored lips and fingernails (cyanosis)
Slowed or stopped breathing
Decreased heart rate
Reduced or loss of consciousness
Coma

As explained in the video below opioid addicts can build up a tolerance higher than what would be more dangerous to a non-user.
As we see above symptoms above include drowsiness and dizziness and Floyd's behavior was quite the opposite

KARE 11 Investigates: Evidence details fentanyl levels in Floyd’s body

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...6-077b897e7378

watch short video

Although the drugs could have been a contributing factor

Old 03-31-2021, 06:40 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
I thought you didn’t want to focus on the details of the case?

I think there will be riots regardless of what happens. Innocent or guilty, it’s an excuse to loot and pillage

Old 03-31-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
If you don’t get into the cruiser, the other option is capital punishment. George Floyd was given a choice....

Quote:
Sir, you forget “qualified immunity” in addition to police unions agreements. It is written clearly that they bear no individual responsibility what so ever. As such juries all over the nation cannot convict an officer against these laws. You can see the some outcome in endless cases that went to trial. The accused officer was acquitted because there is no personal responsibility. The only other option is if the prosecution can prove there was premeditated intention. That means proving that Chauvin planned killing George Floyd before he put on his uniform at home. That can never be proved.

Are you saying that if there was a bodycam audio recording of a police officer saying to a suspect :

"get into the car or we will kill you"

that that would be protected by qualified immunity?

Old 03-31-2021, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post

I think there will be riots regardless of what happens. Innocent or guilty, it’s an excuse to loot and pillage
I know I've been braking my own rule

update: details after predicting trial outcome

Old 03-31-2021, 06:48 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
So keeping a knee on his neck for 9 min(!) didn’t cause death? In another post I suggested an experiment: putting Chauvin in chokehold for nine minutes. If he survives then you’re probably right - George Floyd died of unrelated causes. But in case of death, Chauvin will die knowing that non lethal police procedures were followed. Let’s see how he fares after 9 minutes with a knee on his neck.
How does putting a chokehold on someone compare to Chauvin putting a knee on his neck?

If Floyd couldn’t breathe he wouldn’t have been able to talk.

Old 03-31-2021, 06:49 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post

Bingo

Old 03-31-2021, 06:52 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Not guilty.

And cities will burn. Again.

Fentanyl will become even more popular with neck tattoo/hood rat types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies