Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2021, 07:50 AM

4,477 posts, read 3,300,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recall Watergate. You had Nixon people that refused to appear. Then, one person did, and talked: Dean. That led to a lot of problems for others. Many went to prison for refusing to testify.
So I am curious. Who in the Watergate scandal went to prison for refusing to testify?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If the legislature was unable to return and vote to certify Jan 6 it would have been a constitutional problem.
No it wouldn't have been. If they'd been unable to vote that day, pushing it back one more day wouldn't have mattered one scintilla.

Quote:
Call it whatever you want but they didn't want a fair election certified and they broke into the capitol to stop the vote, maybe next time they will bring guns and kill the vice president as they threatened. No big deal right.
I call it a mostly peaceful protest, which seems to be the stock phrase that the national news media uses.

I think the whole point was they didn't think the election was fair and that certification was being rushed.

"They" didn't threaten to kill the Vice President. There is no "they". There were a lot of individuals with different ideas, different goals and different agendas. There was no collective.

What it was, was a one day protest where no police cars were burned, no historic churches were burned, no looting occurred and no businesses were torched, unlike the multi-day riots from BLM and Antifa, earlier in the Summer in WDC. What was the WDC government response to that? Paint a street with BLM in giant letters to celebrate the rioters.

I think the lack of response to the BLM/Antifa riots all over the country partly fueled the people who stormed the Capitol. They felt it was their turn to be unruly.

Quote:
Maybe you should speak to the Sandy Hook parents about the entertainment value of Alex Jones. He has 10 million followers and they aren't there for entertainment, they actually believe his claims. He helped pay for the Jan 6 insurrection, mission accomplished.
I've heard of Alex Jones, but never actually heard him. What is your source for he has "10 million" followers?

As to "insurrection", insurrections are violent things and only one person died on Jan 6 and that was at the hands of law enforcement. You'd think an insurrection would leave hundreds dead, but I guess if you don't bring any weapons, it is hard to do that.

Quote:
I asked before, what was the point of this rally other than the actual result, the election was over.
I said before, the point of the rally was to display displeasure with the handling of the election, the changes in laws midstream, the ballot handling etc. A lot of people felt there were anomalies that needed to be looked into before certification. The rally was to convince Congress to delay the vote. The rally and the subsequent break-in at the Capitol were unrelated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The "Loony Left" cares very much about making certain that we don't have another domestic terrorist attack like we saw on 9/11 and 1/6. That should be the interest of ALL patriotic Americans, not just the Left. The Commission is doing the work for the country. You should thank them.
2,996 died as a result September 11, 2001. The numbers are still climbing. It is absolutely disgusting that The Left continues to denigrate and disparage those actual victims by comparing it to the non-event on January 6.

There is no commission, there is only a partisan Congressional committee furthering division and deception. They are not looking for any answers on the violent upheaval that gripped the nation for weeks in the BLM and Antifa riots. They are not doing work for the country, they are doing work for the Democratic Party in a pathetic attempt to hold on to power at all costs. You should call on them to stop the charade.

Quote:
Sure just a bunch of guys standing around protesting an election that was over, Still waiting to hear from anyone what they expected to accomplish on Jan 6 if not to stop the certification.
Asked and answered. You ignore it when it is explained to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2021, 07:51 AM

5,860 posts, read 3,297,839 times
So what? Please tell me what is illegal about it?

Old 11-24-2021, 08:41 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post

No it wouldn't have been. If they'd been unable to vote that day, pushing it back one more day wouldn't have mattered one scintilla.

I call it a mostly peaceful protest, which seems to be the stock phrase that the national news media uses.

I think the whole point was they didn't think the election was fair and that certification was being rushed.

As to "insurrection", insurrections are violent things and only one person died on Jan 6 and that was at the hands of law enforcement. You'd think an insurrection would leave hundreds dead, but I guess if you don't bring any weapons, it is hard to do that.

I said before, the point of the rally was to display displeasure with the handling of the election, the changes in laws midstream, the ballot handling etc. A lot of people felt there were anomalies that needed to be looked into before certification. The rally was to convince Congress to delay the vote. The rally and the subsequent break-in at the Capitol were unrelated.
Congress would have needed to pass legislation moving the date from Jan 6 as that is in the constitution.
No that wasn't a peaceful protest by any stretch, I keep looking at those pictures and don't see that claim. Who knows, maybe next time they will bring guns when they don't like the outcome. The anomalies were pure conspiracy, irregularities happen in every election but they don't meet the standard for massive fraud, besides the down ballots were never an issue just the presidential election. The rally was the first step in the attack on the capital, they are connected.

So why did they have to protest on that date in that location and you don't protest fair elections because "you think", there needs to be facts to back up your claim which were entirely missing. The certification was not being rushed and Hawley and Cruz played to the right wing with their absurd national proposal firing up the base.

That rally was not going to change the outcome, the entire event was premeditated and got it's intended result.

Old 11-24-2021, 08:46 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimTheEnchanter View Post

2,996 died as a result September 11, 2001. The numbers are still climbing. It is absolutely disgusting that The Left continues to denigrate and disparage those actual victims by comparing it to the non-event on January 6.

There is no commission,
Both events were terrorist attacks. One of them was a domestic terrorist attack, according to the DOJ.

Boy, are you in for a surprise.

Old 11-24-2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Congress would have needed to pass legislation moving the date from Jan 6 as that is in the constitution.
Really? Can you give me the article and section of the U.S. Constitution that mentions January 6?

Quote:
No that wasn't a peaceful protest by any stretch, I keep looking at those pictures and don't see that claim.
I said it was "mostly" peaceful and it was. Only a small part of the crowd at the rally entered the Capitol.

Quote:
Who knows, maybe next time they will bring guns when they don't like the outcome.
You can mindlessly speculate about the future all you like, but that isn't appropriate in a topic about facts of what has happened. The crowd did not bring weapons, which is kind of like what you do when you start an "insurrection".

Quote:
The anomalies were pure conspiracy, irregularities happen in every election
Really? It is a conspiracy that election laws in several states were changed in the middle of an election cycle? That didn't happen?

And the "anomalies were pure conspiracy, but anomalies (another word for irregularities) happen in every election"? How does that make sense?

Quote:
but they don't meet the standard for massive fraud, besides the down ballots were never an issue just the presidential election.
There were still open lawsuits and questions. They probably were not going to succeed, but the rally was to ask Congress to delay the vote.

Quote:
The rally was the first step in the attack on the capital, they are connected.
The rally had no attachment to the march to the Capitol. That was initiated by people in the crowd, it was not part of the rally.

Quote:
So why did they have to protest on that date in that location
You protest at a time and place designed to get the most coverage. No one stages protest rallies at 2AM in Minot ND.

Quote:
and you don't protest fair elections because "you think",
You can protest for any damn reason you want.

Quote:
there needs to be facts to back up your claim which were entirely missing.
OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG! OMG!

When did facts EVER matter to The Left in staging protests. 97.68% of all protests staged by The Left are based on lies, myths and fairy tales.

Quote:
The certification was not being rushed and Hawley and Cruz played to the right wing with their absurd national proposal firing up the base.
The certification was not being rushed, but neither could it not have been delayed a day or a week.

Quote:
That rally was not going to change the outcome,
The rally probably was not going to change the outcome, but that doesn't change the people's rights to have it.

Quote:
the entire event was premeditated and got it's intended result.
Now who is spouting absurd conspiracy theories?

Old 11-24-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Both events were terrorist attacks. One of them was a domestic terrorist attack, according to the DOJ.
The same DoJ that saw employees plotting the overthrow of a legitimately elected U.S. President? That DoJ?
Quote:
Boy, are you in for a surprise
Am I? What is the name of the Commission that is investigating Jan. 6? Who is leading it? Who are its members?

Old 11-25-2021, 02:15 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
I wish someone would pay for my plane tickets. I haven't traveled anywhere since the start of this plandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies