Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2021, 11:01 AM

828 posts, read 416,009 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
That argument is disingenuous and redirects the narrative from the rights of the people.
I agree but that is the argument being accepted by Liberals
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 11:05 AM

6,224 posts, read 3,408,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Nowadays with the left, if they don't like something, they say it's racist. Only Republicans can be racist though. Dems are exempt. lol hypocrites.

How the heck is requiring an ID to vote in this country racist? Y'all can't be serious.

It not.... its a democratic talking point.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:03 PM

9,504 posts, read 4,340,821 times
Quote:
wow I would not have wrote that if I were you. I'm leaving it the way it is as it is priceless, you educated in the u.s.
They are called unconstitutional laws --- but you said, this was Constitutional. And now you're saying they don't even use the Constitution as a legal reference? You could be closer to right than you know and in that it means our rights mean nothing to this government. ty for implying that. I do believe that is true.
ps: i don't have any additional questions, but I think you have questions you do not know to ask.

Wow. You're wrong, again. You asked where it said in the Constitution that one must have an ID to vote. I said it doesn't, because all laws aren't specifically cited in the Constitution. I then explained - very simple terms - how laws are passed by the legislature and, if they are determined to be unconstitutional, are struck down. That's how it works, period. The court system decides if a law is unconstitutional - not you. Let me guess - you're a Sov Cit.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:24 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
Requiring ID to vote is a sign of an intrusive government. There's enough regulation in society as it is.

If you support small government say No to requiring ID to vote.
So...you think no one should have to show ID to vote. Then answer this---what would stop your next door neighbor (or a friend or relative) from showing up at the polls and giving your name and address? Then, when you go to vote, you get told you already voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough_Already View Post
This post is pure BS! This is just the opposite of intrusive government. Showing ID is a way to make sure the people who vote are qualified to vote and they only vote one time.
^^^^Exactly Very well said!

Old 03-27-2021, 01:51 PM

10,097 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanFromEarth View Post
The problem becomes when it interferes with the election process. How do you show your id when requesting a mail in ballot? With almost no voter fraud, why are these laws being initiated? Why are the laws being used to restrict rather than expand the opportunity to vote? The answer to all these questions is that they are designed to impede voting. Not make voting more secure. Have you joined a state militia yet?
Not buying it. I can't think of single scenario where a person can't get ahold of an ID or send a copy if necessary. It's been this way for years and years. If you want to vote bad enough, you'll find a way.

I have to show my ID a lot in other instances. So many things in life require it. If you're an american citizen, you should have some sort of ID or at least be able to get one. You want to vote, then show that ID before voting. Easy as that.

It's hard for me to imagine anyone in the US that is an American citizen and not have an ID card of some sort. You need that to vote. No cheating like was done last year....lessons learned.

I think anyone that is going to let an ID stop them from voting is someone that didn't intend to vote anyhow.

Every American needs an ID of some sort just to get through life here.

Next election is a ways off. Those that don't have an ID today have plenty of time to work on it and get it before the next election. Need help to get it? Ask friends, family or neighbors or your church.

This law restricts no one except illegals or those that that want to vote multiple times. It also keeps dead people from voting.

NOT A RACIAL ISSUE IN REQUIRING ID.

Last edited by diddlydudette; 03-27-2021 at 02:27 PM..

Old 03-27-2021, 02:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
wow I would not have wrote that if I were you. I'm leaving it the way it is as it is priceless, you educated in the u.s.
They are called unconstitutional laws --- but you said, this was Constitutional. And now you're saying they don't even use the Constitution as a legal reference? You could be closer to right than you know and in that it means our rights mean nothing to this government. ty for implying that. I do believe that is true.
ps: i don't have any additional questions, but I think you have questions you do not know to ask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
Wow. You're wrong, again. You asked where it said in the Constitution that one must have an ID to vote. I said it doesn't, because all laws aren't specifically cited in the Constitution. I then explained - very simple terms - how laws are passed by the legislature and, if they are determined to be unconstitutional, are struck down. That's how it works, period. The court system decides if a law is unconstitutional - not you. Let me guess - you're a Sov Cit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
how laws are passed by the legislature and, if they are determined to be unconstitutional, are struck down,
Not always, that is how we get unconstitutional laws. Let me guess, you thought it was Constitutional that the u.s. government could force you to buy health insurance?

Old 03-27-2021, 02:10 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
No it is the NAACP and Liberal that think they that. It is the whole reason they stated for not requiring ID's.

When it suits them they will say minorities are much more likely to follow any rules. If there is another case with more benefits they will say they are equal.
Quote:
That argument is disingenuous and redirects the narrative from the rights of the people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve19605 View Post
I agree but that is the argument being accepted by Liberals
Yes and knowing this, I know there is an angle to it, I just don't see it --- yet.
PS: It is a very divisive argument.

Old 03-27-2021, 02:16 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Nowadays with the left, if they don't like something, they say it's racist. Only Republicans can be racist though. Dems are exempt. lol hypocrites.

How the heck is requiring an ID to vote in this country racist? Y'all can't be serious.
It’s because they know that illegal aliens are voting.

Not only should an ID be required, but so should proof of U.S. citizenship. That is probably more important.

Old 03-27-2021, 02:45 PM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
It’s because they know that illegal aliens are voting.

Not only should an ID be required, but so should proof of U.S. citizenship. That is probably more important.
Do registered voter rolls mean nothing?

In my state, 1st one must be registered. You need to provide a DL to registered.

When voting, if you have the card mailed to you great. The state will take a TDL, a handgun license, an election ID, a citizenship ID with photo, a state issued ID card, a military ID w/photo or a passport. Pray tell how many illegals can provide those IDs? They will also take a utility bill or a bank statement with your name and address.

I'm thinking when one registers with a TDL, the state can verify citizenship before mailing you a card.

Old 03-27-2021, 03:55 PM

828 posts, read 416,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
It not.... its a democratic talking point.
Liberals have calling it a way to suppress the black vote. Since they are more likely to not have a ID.
So they call it racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies