Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 02:48 PM

962 posts, read 540,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry-Koala View Post
Yes, this.
If I'm being honest, I'm surprised no one pushed back at my idea of a "national ID". Conservative used to oppose that idea. That we use social security cards as a faux-national ID used to be controversial.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 02:50 PM

962 posts, read 540,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Learn me --- were is it stated in the Constitution one must have an ID to vote?
Oldhag quoted it before. Time, place, and manner of elections is up to the states, but with Congressional oversight if they want. No federal law forbids voter ID policy.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:00 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,157,110 times
Quote:
The requirement to have an ID to vote is not a requirement made specific in the u.s. Constitution. The ID requirement would be yet another unconstitutional law. Do we not have enough of those already?
Just because something is not specifically listed in the Constitution does not make it unconstitutional. Voter ID laws, including ones with pictures and/or provided by a government entity, were upheld as constitutional by Crawford v Marion (2008). The state only need prove they have taken steps to be inclusive and not create undue burdens on voters. This is what my state does to help those that struggle with the ID requirement - https://www.voteriders.org/states/kentucky/

The Kansas ID law (Fish v Schwab) that required residents to provide a birth certificate or passport if they wanted to register to vote was struck down at the Circuit level because there were not reasonable alternatives available to an estimated 30,000 voters and the state could only find evidence of around 60 fraudulent registrations of non-citizens. That was unconstitutional - burdensome voter without proof it was crucial to safeguard election. Allegedly, if Kansas had experienced a run of non-citizens registering or had a significant illegal population, such as California or Texas, the results may have come out different.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:04 PM

4,994 posts, read 1,991,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Nowadays with the left, if they don't like something, they say it's racist. Only Republicans can be racist though. Dems are exempt. lol hypocrites.

How the heck is requiring an ID to vote in this country racist? Y'all can't be serious.

It is racist because the radical democrats know that more black people will not make the effort to get an ID and then make the effort to vote. It is the radical democrats who racist by thinking this.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:06 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Mexico requires a federal ID to vote. Canada requires a federal ID to vote.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:18 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I've been trying to figure this out myself. If I need ID to get on a plane, to buy liquor, to go to the doctor, to pick up my prescriptions, why is it racist to show ID when I vote?

IMO the ones that are saying Voter ID is racist, are the racists. They are basically saying they are less intelligent?

Old 03-26-2021, 03:26 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
Quote:
Learn me --- were is it stated in the Constitution one must have an ID to vote?
So...You want to vote like 10 times? I think it is crazy not to require an ID.

Old 03-26-2021, 03:56 PM

1,517 posts, read 541,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just ask these bigoted woke-stupid dems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ

So a "random" poll of 5 blacks by a right-wing activist dispels all of the voter ID issues.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:01 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,871,874 times
Because if you're not white you are a VIP and should be able to vote even if you're not a citizen?

Old 03-26-2021, 04:04 PM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
If you have no ID, and who does not have an Id........no, you should not be able to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies