Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 04:09 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
Nowadays with the left, if they don't like something, they say it's racist. Only Republicans can be racist though. Dems are exempt. lol hypocrites.

How the heck is requiring an ID to vote in this country racist? Y'all can't be serious.

Democrats are the loong historically racists.

Couldn't even bring themselves to support the Civil Righta Acts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 04:11 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
So a "random" poll of 5 blacks by a right-wing activist dispels all of the voter ID issues.
Please show me interviews with people who don't have id and can't get one. I want to know who these people are, not just hear some talking point that "they" exist and are being suppressed.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:15 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Make ID cards free and I'm sure no one will complain.
Available free in many places already.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:15 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Please show me interviews with people who don't have id and can't get one. I want to know who these people are, not just hear some talking point that "they" exist and are being suppressed.
I’d like to know too

Old 03-26-2021, 04:16 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
At the time of registration. You provide all sorts of proofs that you are who you are, and then you don't have to do that anymore.
That’s just one way of doing it. You could also require ID at voting time and not infringe anyone’s rights.

And how is it not a burden to require all this ID to register to vote...yet it is when you go to vote?

Old 03-26-2021, 04:18 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,248,009 times
Quote:
If I'm being honest, I'm surprised no one pushed back at my idea of a "national ID". Conservative used to oppose that idea. That we use social security cards as a faux-national ID used to be controversial.
SS#’s shouldn’t be used as a pseudo-national ID. Too much opportunity for identity fraud. I refuse to give mine for doctors, dentists, etc.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:19 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Are you saying I can go to a gun store and buy a gun without an ID? Did our Founding fathers require an ID to buy a gun?

How come you have to provide an ID to buy a gun, but no ID to vote?

I am here all day.

lol.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:24 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Illegals? Democrats still believe in proving citizenship at time of registration. These canards about "illegals" voting is just justification to perpetuate a system where one side gets shut out of participation.
Oh please! I don't know how old you are so you may not remember the "motor voter" laws. When doing transactions at the DMV, we were required to fill out an application to vote. I remember when I went to renew my DL and didn't fill out the voter registration part because I was already registered. I was made to fill it out anyway. Many non-citizen legal immigrants and illegal aliens lied on that part of the application and said they were citizens. Thus they were put on the voter rolls. Many were eventually weeded out but others got away with it and voted.

So, yes, "illegals" have been caught voting in elections. It's not "a canard" at all.

Without valid ID, how do you know if someone is a citizen?

It's the democrats who are fighting tooth and nail against having to show ID to vote.

BTW, I'm of Hispanic descent. All my Hispanic relatives have valid ID. It's insulting to suggest that minorities are incapable of obtaining valid ID.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBxZGWCdgs

Old 03-26-2021, 04:31 PM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Just ask these bigoted woke-stupid dems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JGmKHrWKMQ
Yep, lefties are the racist. They keep saying how the poorer people are all uninformed and can't use the internet, etc.

Nothing but judgement. That's called being a racist. If you're poor, you are unimformed.

Anyone and everyone in the country can get a pic ID. Y'all talk like it costs thousands of dollars. Stop using that as excuse to want to cheat the election. Y'all sound stupid for even suggesting racism is a part of it. Y'all are so woke, you need to take a nap and relax and get your minds straight.

Old 03-26-2021, 04:34 PM

1,434 posts, read 667,304 times
Dems do not think people of color have what it takes to get themselves an ID which is blatent racism.
The democrat party is all about using people to get or hold on to power.
They use people of color. They use migrant children. They use children enrolled in public schools. They use the poor.
It's what their party is all about .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies