U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 11:55 AM

1,825 posts, read 587,222 times

Advertisements

Interesting......

Former CDC Director Redfield: ‘Most Likely’ Coronavirus Came from Lab in Wuhan

Former CDC Director Robert Redfield said in an interview with CNN’s Sanjay Gupta that he believed the coronavirus escaped from a lab in Wuhan, China.

Redfield said, “If I was to guess this virus started transmitting somewhere in September, October in Wuhan … That’s my own view. It’s an opinion. I’m allowed to have an opinion.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2021...-lab-in-wuhan/
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2021, 12:08 PM

10,783 posts, read 18,376,778 times
Opine away, Redfield demonstrated that he is not credible. Professional virologists do not agree with Redfield.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:31 PM

8,589 posts, read 7,954,804 times
A politician who worked for Trump. No surprise.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:36 PM

595 posts, read 215,650 times
The whole "Wuhan lab" thing is kinda hiding the ball. It has connotations of being "Lab-made". There is absolutely no evidence of that. This is a bat coronavirus. We just don't know how a bat virus got to humans. Viruses don't typically jump from bat to human; they need an intermediary. With SARS, the intermediary was a civet (looks like a cross between a cat and a ferret). With COVID, the guess was that the intermediary was a pangolin, but we might not know for years.

Maybe an infected bat broke out of the lab? I dunno, it's possible, but it doesn't explain the jump to humans. And there's no evidence that the virus was engineered.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:44 PM

21,983 posts, read 11,378,120 times
There is no doubt, only denial.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:47 PM

6,838 posts, read 14,438,166 times
I have no doubt it came from Wuhan lab, whether on purpose (trying out a new biological weapon) or accident. China doesn't care about human life so wouldn't be surprised if they used their own people as guinea pigs. Fauci worked for Trump now he is working for Biden and flip-flops so much I wouldn't trust anything he said.

Old 03-26-2021, 12:49 PM

8,589 posts, read 7,954,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnight_thunder View Post
The whole "Wuhan lab" thing is kinda hiding the ball. It has connotations of being "Lab-made". There is absolutely no evidence of that. This is a bat coronavirus. We just don't know how a bat virus got to humans. Viruses don't typically jump from bat to human; they need an intermediary. With SARS, the intermediary was a civet (looks like a cross between a cat and a ferret). With COVID, the guess was that the intermediary was a pangolin, but we might not know for years.

Maybe an infected bat broke out of the lab? I dunno, it's possible, but it doesn't explain the jump to humans. And there's no evidence that the virus was engineered.
I think he got the idea from here:
Research into deadly viruses and biological weapons at US army lab shut down over fears they could escape
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9042641.html

Obviously such operations are common in the US.

Old 03-26-2021, 01:09 PM

7,270 posts, read 2,993,242 times
Words only have real meaning when evidence can be provided.

Old 03-26-2021, 05:54 PM

5,882 posts, read 6,616,769 times
“It’s an opinion. I’m allowed to have an opinion.”

Thats where this nation derailed to. No more research. scientific proof, facts. Now, guesses and opinions are equally important. If you have no evidence for anything, you can always claim : “it’s my opinion” and it is sufficient. I hope the justice system doesn’t follow the same path.

Edit: I remember once Trump contradicted the official NOAA forecast of a storm path. He also didn’t see any problem with that: “It’s my opinion. I’m entitled to an opinion”.

Old 03-26-2021, 06:00 PM

4,329 posts, read 1,234,235 times
The reason scientists don't want to say covid came from the lab is that it would be career suicide. In spite of that some are speaking out.

Quote:
Did the coronavirus leak from a lab? These scientists say we shouldn’t rule it out.

For many scientists, challenging the idea that SARS-CoV-2 has natural origins is seen as career suicide. But a vocal few say it shouldn't be disregarded or lumped in with conspiracy theories.
https://www.technologyreview.com/202...ts-conspiracy/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies