Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 12:00 PM

30,160 posts, read 11,789,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
People should be prevented from voting. When the system is set up to allow people to vote to take things from other people, it's wrong to allow everyone to vote. The "takers" should not be allowed to vote.

They have a constitutional right to vote. You sound like a democrat when they say people should not have guns. Its a constitutional right like voting. Its hypocritical to like the parts of the constitution which help your political party and not like the parts that do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 12:15 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millertime1 View Post
Democracy works best when everyone has a voice. Yes that even includes the out of control RWNJs that stormed the capital in January.

Arguably one of the stupidest thing I've read on this forum in the thirteen years I've been here.

Stupid people do stupid things.

No need for the rest of us to get dragged into their stupid world.

Old 03-27-2021, 12:23 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Gee, I wonder how in the world all those democrat presidents got voted in? I really don't see the proof . If there was so much voter suppression we would have a history of only Republicans in office.. so get off this tirade of voter suppression.. Reason the dems cry foul, is because they want to cheat and cheat, with ballot box stuffing, no signatures, no identification at all. They think we are stupid. The only reason they take this stand is to cheat..the only reason so get real.

Old 03-27-2021, 07:23 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Gee, I wonder how in the world all those democrat presidents got voted in? I really don't see the proof . If there was so much voter suppression we would have a history of only Republicans in office.. so get off this tirade of voter suppression.. Reason the dems cry foul, is because they want to cheat and cheat, with ballot box stuffing, no signatures, no identification at all. They think we are stupid. The only reason they take this stand is to cheat..the only reason so get real.
Presidential elections are not the only office. Congressmen, gubernatorial elections, county executives, etc. If a small state can put two guaranteed Republican senators in the senate, they can deeply influence every legislation. But as I mentioned before, the times are changing. States like TX or Georgia can no longer count on instant Republican win, even with “no water and sandwiches” to the waiting voters.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:05 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
I’ll leave this Here, and I agree with her
Quote:
253 bills across 43 states have been introduced to restrict voting access, despite little evidence of voter fraud. We have had 7 mass shootings in the last week and only offer thoughts and prayers. In America, Black/brown people voting is considered more dangerous than guns.
Jamele Hill

Old 03-27-2021, 09:04 PM

13,452 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
I’ll leave this Here, and I agree with her
Jamele Hill

Jamele Hill? LMAO! She ruined ESPN and sports. A multi-millionaire spoiled person talking how bad she has it in the U.S. based on her skin and what is worse, you drinking her kool-aid. Go buy her book and make her richer.

Funny, she never touches the black homicides and crimes in black community and how bad it has been managed by the Democrat machine or the poor managed public schools system but how White America is evil and trying to prevent black to vote.

Old 03-27-2021, 09:42 PM

1,951 posts, read 700,217 times
What a BS from Bill? How those bills will help GOP but hurt Dems? I fail to see that.

BTW, WTF is this?

Old 03-27-2021, 10:02 PM

6,454 posts, read 7,010,414 times
Again...comedians interpreting the law....this is exactly how Dems mislead their voters

Old 03-28-2021, 12:32 AM

9,824 posts, read 11,548,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Jamele Hill? LMAO! She ruined ESPN and sports. A multi-millionaire spoiled person talking how bad she has it in the U.S. based on her skin and what is worse, you drinking her kool-aid. Go buy her book and make her richer.

Funny, she never touches the black homicides and crimes in black community and how bad it has been managed by the Democrat machine or the poor managed public schools system but how White America is evil and trying to prevent black to vote.
Nice Try, Jamie Hill is Very Success, without ESPN, Look it up
Also nice touch with the whataboutism
Quote:
Whataboutism, also known as whataboutery, is a variant of the tu quoque logical fallacy that attempts to discredit an opponent's position by charging them with hypocrisy without directly refuting or disproving their argument.
Whataboutism is particularly associated with Soviet and Russian propaganda. When criticisms were leveled at the Soviet Union during the Cold War, the Soviet response would often be "What about ..." followed by instancing of an event or situation in the Western world. According to Russian writer, chess grandmaster and political activist Garry Kasparov, it is a word that was coined to describe the frequent use of a rhetorical diversion by Soviet apologists and dictators, who would counter charges of their oppression, "massacres, gulags, and forced deportations" by invoking American slavery, racism, lynchings, etc. Whataboutism has been used by other politicians and countries as well

Old 03-28-2021, 08:25 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Sadly the laws about voting locations are in place for a reason. And it's not arbitrary. If you knew history you would know that. If you have issues with these then take it up with the people who created the reasons for it. People standing around a polling location with bats should have you outraged.

Let’s take a look at what S.B. 202 actually says:

No person shall solicit votes [or] distribute or display any campaign material, nor shall any person give, offer to give, or participate in the giving of any money or gifts, including, but not limited to, food and drink, to [a voter] … This Code section shall not be construed to prohibit a poll officer…from making available self-service water from an unattended receptacle to [a voter] waiting in line to vote.

The parts in bold are what S.B. 202 added to the statute. The prohibition applies inside polling places, within 150 feet of a polling place, or “within 25 feet of any voter standing in line to vote at any polling place.”

https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/...ia-voting-law/
This is a hot burning issue, someone standing in line to vote for hours is going to change their vote over a bottle of water. How about passing a bill to requiring resources so no one needs to wait in line longer than 20 minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies