Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2021, 07:58 AM

2,911 posts, read 1,359,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
I agree with this. It’s protecting the integrity of women’s sports. Men and women’s bodies are made differently and men generally have the physical advantage.

Just has to be tough for transgender people because what they feel mentally is opposite of what is going on physically. It has to be a difficult place to be sometimes.
Well spoken.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 11:57 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiehoff View Post
Protecting the rights of women should always be a high priority.
Its not, when your political agenda changes by the minute and contradicts itself continuously

Old 03-29-2021, 11:58 AM

31,050 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
Finally someone with some common sense and brains.
He has to be wrong, he's a Republican

Old 03-29-2021, 12:41 PM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Every time this topic comes up I cannot help but think of Kramer from Seinfeld "Dominating the Dojo".

There is a reason there are weight classes, gender and age divisions in various sports and it is basic competitive advantage.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:46 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times
Quote:
I agree with this. It’s protecting the integrity of women’s sports. Men and women’s bodies are made differently and men generally have the physical advantage.

Just has to be tough for transgender people because what they feel mentally is opposite of what is going on physically. It has to be a difficult place to be sometimes.
So you only believe in 47 genders when it’s convenient??

They are either women or not.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:48 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
It's funny that we never hear about transgender males being an issue in men's sports. That's because they don't stand a chance in hell at competing with real men, no matter how much testosterone they're on.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:51 PM

728 posts, read 303,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
A guy who wears a dress and grows his hair long and thinks he is a girl is still a guy . Common sense.

Are you saying that the assistant health secretary is not a woman?

Old 03-29-2021, 12:52 PM

8,765 posts, read 5,055,756 times
Don`t transgender`s have any pride. They should be embarrassed to want to compete against women. Start your own sports.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:56 PM

728 posts, read 303,148 times
Quote:

Women who are into sports are generally physically superior to most men.

Old 03-29-2021, 12:58 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:

I also agree with it related to sports.

I do not think that Transgender people should be discriminated against with regards to medical benefits, marriage, or using a bathroom. That stuff is all blatant anti-Trans agenda, but I think it's fair to expect someone to give up competitive, gender-specific sports. Let's forget about their trans-gender status for a minute, and just look at all the hormone therapy and other medications and operations they had to endure to get to be a legit woman. To go through all that, I would assume, should disqualify them under anti-doping terms.

Honestly, I'd prefer to see that angle taken. Really I don't care about their identity, that is a personal matter. But it's not right to compete when you have an advantage that everyone else is banned from.

Very tough situation, and this is one of the only related issues where I might be viewed as Anti-Trans (which I am not).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies