Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How bad will oil further hurt Michigan's economy?
What problem with oil, its where it should be, we are awash in oil. 2 9.09%
Not much people will keep and drive the big SUV 3 13.64%
I will hurt Michigan's economy no more than the job's and people flooding out. 5 22.73%
High oil will push this state that is on the edge in to the pit. We are done put a fork in us. 12 54.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Yac

6,051 posts, read 7,724,822 times

Advertisements

Since this thread is not longer Michigan specific, I am moving it to the P&OC forum.
Yac.

Old 05-12-2008, 05:53 AM

4 posts, read 11,062 times
Default build smaller cars

I disagree that building cars that do not use 2 or 4 cyl. of a v8 when you do not need the power. We need to go to smaller cars and trucks.
We need a mind set change.
Europe does it and the est. is that we could save 4 million bbls a day if we drove cars like Europe.
We do not need Esclades plain and simple, We need to tax people on a federal level for a fed. lic. plate tax. We need to give a tax rebate to people who buy high MPG cars like the prius. The hybrid big SUV's that GM are pushing are a dinosaur before they come off the lot.
I talked to a dealer where I live and he said that they are not moving well.
The older SUVs and low MPG trucks are not even getting low value on trade in. This is what we need when it hits the us car buyer in the wallet it will make them do what they should have done voluntarily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 05:57 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Yesterday, I saw a car that was barely big enough for two people. It was less than 12 feet long. Perfect size for getting to the park & ride lot without getting soaked.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:42 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertaintimes View Post
I disagree that building cars that do not use 2 or 4 cyl. of a v8 when you do not need the power. We need to go to smaller cars and trucks.
Europe does it and the est. is that we could save 4 million bbls a day if we drove cars like Europe.
We do not need Esclades plain and simple, We need to tax people on a federal level for a fed. lic. plate tax. We need to give a tax rebate to people who buy high MPG cars like the prius. The hybrid big SUV's that GM are pushing are a dinosaur before they come off the lot.
The older SUVs and low MPG trucks are not even getting low value on trade in. This is what we need when it hits the us car buyer in the wallet it will make them do what they should have done voluntarily.
I said the vehicles that already exist.

Old 05-12-2008, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Low milaged vehicle are'nt the manufactures, or Sales Dealers problem, so what do they care?

Not everyone can jump up and go buy a new low milaged vehicle, so alternatives are needed to help add more milage on some vehicles.

They've started making cars smaller than a VW,

Old 05-12-2008, 02:04 PM

5,760 posts, read 11,541,357 times
With all the smart automotive folks in Michigan . . . why is it that no one there is buiding electric cars? Sure I follow that GM, Ford, and Whatever-they-are-calling-the-other-company-today are morons, but I am talking about real world, real folks.

Look at Tesla -- yunno, Tesla Motors. Sold out for something like a year in advance. But I am seeing no one . . . NO ONE in all of Michigan even building a production electric lawn motor, let alone a car. What is wrong with the folks up there? Again, not the corporations -- talking about the real world people. Has the cold finally frozen your brains over?

Old 05-12-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip T View Post
With all the smart automotive folks in Michigan . . . why is it that no one there is buiding electric cars? Sure I follow that GM, Ford, and Whatever-they-are-calling-the-other-company-today are morons, but I am talking about real world, real folks.

Look at Tesla -- yunno, Tesla Motors. Sold out for something like a year in advance. But I am seeing no one . . . NO ONE in all of Michigan even building a production
Quote:
electric lawn motor
, let alone a car. What is wrong with the folks up there? Again, not the corporations -- talking about the real world people. Has the cold finally frozen your brains over?
Here's what your looking for.......

Robomower Lawn Mower

and they're only $1,200.00+

Old 05-12-2008, 05:16 PM

26 posts, read 49,838 times
WE NEED TO DRILL THIS COUNTRY!!

I don't see why so many people overlook this. We have an ABUNDANCE of oill in AMerica. Put it to use. Also, canada; there is many many times more heavy crude in Canada then there is sweet light crude in The Middle East.

oh, and hi!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:18 PM

955 posts, read 2,156,895 times
Goodness sakes!

Quote:
1) We need to go to smaller cars and trucks.
2) We need a mind set change.
3) We do not need Esclades plain and simple,
4) We need to tax people on a federal level for a fed. lic. plate tax.
5) We need to give a tax rebate to people who buy high MPG cars like the prius.
6)... it will make them do what they should have done voluntarily.
Once again, it seems that there is this all knowing, all seeing rightous group of people who seem bent on forcing everyone to live in their image and likeness of their view of the world. And it is all done in a very stern, lecturing tone.

What gives you the right to force your thoughts on everyone who may not agree with you. If you want to drive a Prius - great. If you want to drive smaller cars - great. But please do not think that your religion should be the only one practiced in this country.

Old 07-25-2018, 11:14 PM

6,438 posts, read 6,913,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad Straight View Post
Its hurting all the working class. Whos gonna clean the houses and mow the lawns for the rich. Theyll find out pretty quick!! The working class people are gonna be hurt the most and the rich dont care. I made 45,000 last year and spent 5,000 on gas as i try to be a real estate agent. i had stomach cancer last year and had to find something easier to do. I hope the oil companies , Bush, Cheney and the rest of the politicians are proud of what they are doing to this country. And it wont change until the people do something about it
I'm sorry about your cancer but Bush, Cheney, and the oil companies try to find and sell oil, lowering the price below what it would be if there were no oilmen. Economics 101.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies