Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2021, 05:50 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times

Advertisements

Amazon has denied that their workers have to pee in bottles to avoid various consequences for not meeting productivity targets.

However, several workers are now coming forward and disputing - with evidence - Amazon's version.

LINK

Amazon is woke and has a long history that is well-documented of bad work conditions.

Why should Republicans argue for lower tax rates on these mega-corporations that push a woke agenda and abuse workers?

Amazon is big enough that it is hurting competition, competition is a requirement of capitalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2021, 05:52 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Maybe Amazon's employees should form or join a Union, which is 100% within their rights? The Federal government and raising taxes are anything but the best solutions to most problems.

Old 03-27-2021, 05:52 PM

29,823 posts, read 24,902,718 times
And to think... They actually require people to pass a drug test in order to have the privilege to be treated like some kind of farm animal.

Old 03-27-2021, 06:15 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,237,720 times
That’s why I don’t buy anything from Amazon

Old 03-27-2021, 09:07 PM

19,803 posts, read 9,357,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyknoxy View Post
That’s why I don’t buy anything from Amazon
Ditto.

Old 03-28-2021, 12:12 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I live near an Amazon 'hub' at CVG airport...Amazon is ALWAYS HIRING for its warehouses, they regularly take out full page ads looking for employees...their employee turnover rate is astronomical!

'Good jobs' do not have high turnover rates! Im sick of seeing Amazon jobs being described as 'good jobs'.

Old 03-28-2021, 02:17 AM

6,105 posts, read 3,341,443 times
Everybody has a choice. Either work there or don’t. Pee in a bottle or don’t. Use Amazon services or don’t.

I don’t care what Amazon does to their workers because I know those workers have a choice not to work there. Just quit and don’t worry about anything because Joe and Kamala are in charge and all our troubles are solved now that Trump is gone, right?

Old 03-28-2021, 04:51 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,452,873 times
Wow, so after finding that someone placed a bottle at the workplace filled with a substance that may or may not be urine (from an employee?)- it was concluded that Amazon itself demanded employees to pee in bottles. Good lordy, quite the spin.

There is alot of fiction in that story line.

I applied to Amazon and was denied hiring.
No reason given. The 'test' administered to be hired though was wrought with indicators of what type of employee they wanted. I knew just based on the questions I wasn't going to be hired. I tend to answer logically and honestly. Neither trait was encouraged based on the questions displayed.
Correct that most facilities are at will on hiring . So apply or don't. You are someone's minion.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:15 AM

25,732 posts, read 12,808,029 times
http://www.txfairtax.org/FAQ/FAQEmbedded.htm

If the feds tax Amazon, Amazon will simply raise prices, & consumers will pay the fake "Corporate taxes".

In the end, there are no corporate taxes. They are all passed through to consumers as "embedded taxes".

Everytime you buy something, 15%-25% of the cost is "corporate taxes" being rammed down your throat, & you have no choice.

If the employees unionize, & wages rise, Amazon will raise prices. If their prices become non-competetive, Amazon will die, & so will all the union jobs. How many times have we seen this happen? Just ask the old UAW union bosses in Detroit.

The rich people at the top of Amazon, will just move their time & resources to another company. They will be unscathed.

The union workers will have to learn to write computer code, or become totally government dependent Democrat voters. This is the liberal plan.

Corporations own the politicians. Employees are just pawns. Pee wherever you can.

Old 03-28-2021, 06:32 AM

12,386 posts, read 8,149,420 times
The key phrase is "to avoid various consequences for not meeting productivity targets". And how hard does management push because of that time taken for a comfort stop?

And there in lies the rub. What becomes a reasonable break to hit a comfort stop and how long does it take to reach one. Is the restroom on the opposite side of a Pentagon sized warehouse or maybe a delivery driver on the street when every semi public restroom has been closed to keep out the homeless and because the people locked in their COVID bubbles don't allow outsiders in?

Even before the COVID lockouts with security cameras everywhere there were the occasional viral video of someone in uniform caught relieving themselves in public. And the comments sections would be filled with why not hide in back of the truck with a bottle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies