Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2021, 02:33 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Y'all realize that you are giving Lil' Nas X 15 more minutes of fame after his 30 off of "Hometown Road" right? You are playing into his hands with outrage culture. Proves that cancel culture exists on the right...
This isn't a left or right issue.

The real issue is the bait and switch here this dude pulled on these families. Most foul...

It's like Barney the dinosaur dropping a Hitler jam at the sing-a-long...

Not today, Satan...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 02:49 AM

24,623 posts, read 9,454,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
What do this have to do with black people? Isn’t he the Old Town Road singer?
You mean the first famous black homosexual satanist isn't relevant to blacks? Then why are black liberals calling it "iconic, historic, and revolutionary?"

Old 03-30-2021, 04:10 AM

13,422 posts, read 9,950,386 times
This thread is hilarious. Remember Black Sabbath? The outrage over poor dottery old Ozzy? Now they play Crazy Train at football games.

There’s too many examples to count of “devil” music that totally freaked out the elders, throughout history, likely from Mozart on. I can’t believe you’re all taking this so seriously. It’s just pop culture. Not gonna hurt the impressionable youth. Plus Satan’s not actually real.

You’ve all become your parents.

(I knew when I saw Trent Reznor produced Old Town Road that there was more to Lil Nas than met the eye. Plus he did a concert in Roblox. Parents watched with their kids, something like 33 million of them. Omg they must be having the vapours. )

Old 03-30-2021, 07:13 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
This thread is hilarious. Remember Black Sabbath? The outrage over poor dottery old Ozzy? Now they play Crazy Train at football games.

There’s too many examples to count of “devil” music that totally freaked out the elders, throughout history, likely from Mozart on. I can’t believe you’re all taking this so seriously. It’s just pop culture. Not gonna hurt the impressionable youth. Plus Satan’s not actually real.
After all the trouble Lil Nas went to? Giving it up for Lucifer on camera? Putting real blood in the shoes? And you're not going to give him credit for making actual devil music? Come on, I think we can lose the quotes for this one, can't we?

Old 03-30-2021, 07:18 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
How bizarre that a human walking around with 1.5 gallons of blood already inside them, would pay $1,000 for shoes that have one drop.

Is it at least Rh Negative blood? "There were giants (Nephilim) in those days on the earth ..." (Genesis 6) blood? I'm Rh- ... maybe I should sell some shoes with a drop of my "demonic" (or alien) blood in them & cash in on this trend. I think I have a pair of sneakers with my blood on them from when I accidentally scratched a mosquito bite off on my ankle ... Any takers?
Dibs! How much?

Old 03-30-2021, 07:22 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,139 times
Quote:
Y'all realize that you are giving Lil' Nas X 15 more minutes of fame after his 30 off of "Hometown Road" right? You are playing into his hands with outrage culture. Proves that cancel culture exists on the right...
For the millionth time it's not him. A one hit wonder would never be able to collab on these kind of shoes. He has many handlers pushing an agenda that has been pushed on young people for a while. Nax x has had a coordinated marketing push this last month from his industry handlers. Ironically it started in Black History Month.

Old 03-30-2021, 07:23 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
The right thrives off outrage culture. They are addicted to anything that will send them into a fury over the supposed "moral decline of society." And it doesn't take much. Anything that reminds them that the world isn't a 1950s sitcom is triggering to them.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:29 AM

17,302 posts, read 12,245,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
After all the trouble Lil Nas went to? Giving it up for Lucifer on camera? Putting real blood in the shoes? And you're not going to give him credit for making actual devil music? Come on, I think we can lose the quotes for this one, can't we?
Even the Satanic Temple is just a bunch of atheists/spiritualists/pagans making a point about freedom of religion. Not actual Satan worshippers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The right thrives off outrage culture. They are addicted to anything that will send them into a fury over the supposed "moral decline of society." And it doesn't take much. Anything that reminds them that the world isn't a 1950s sitcom is triggering to them.
Exactly. Before the term "cancel culture" got popularized we had Focus on the Family and other "won't someone think of the children" groups out cancelling things because of such outrage.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:39 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,184,048 times
Anti-Nike/anti-kneeling/anti-blm company “exorcism” in freedom of speech and right to do what they want.

Old 03-30-2021, 12:08 PM

1,300 posts, read 960,657 times
Did Marylin Manson sue him yet for copying his schtick?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies