Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2021, 04:08 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times

Advertisements

Meanwhile they brought a bunch of COVID infected illegals across the border? How do they get away with this? LOL. I knew something was up when I got a 2 foot long , thick COVID card after I got my shot that didn't even fit in my damn wallet and was told "Now keep this on you at all times".

Chances are most people have already been infected and most never knew it. It came and went. They probably have immunity regardless of any vaccine

Last edited by DorianRo; 03-28-2021 at 04:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 04:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I have as friend in NJ. She knows at least 6 families who were headed to FL for spring break since FL is open.

Six families. Multiply that out. Beaches, parks, restaurants, etc. Sorry 4 kids slobbering all over a restaurant table is way more likely to have transmission of anything/everything than 2 people getting busy in a hotel room.

This season has been CRAZY busy. We went to a restaurant and there was a 90 minute wait. For a place where there is NEVER a wait. That's never full.

But I'll wait for the yawn-o-rific nothing burger in "increased" cases.

And watch for the increasing promotion in the MSM for a national vaccine passport.
My town turns into a ghost town when the public schools go on spring break and most head to Florida.
Many chose to drive this year instead of fly and brought substantial supplies of anti bacterial wipes with them. Those with school- aged kids typically avoid areas where unaccompanied young adults flock.

Those who did the Orlando thing understood they were required to mask up and wait and wait and wait for everything, while sanitation occurred.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:22 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I prefer all adults choose to vaccinate. I also respect it’s their choice not to do so and accept potential consequences which may include their employment, ability to travel and a protracted recovery.

With or without vaccine, infection rates will likely decline over the summer, as they temporarily did in most states last summer, before returning with a vengeance.

Seems your responses tell more about your perceptions than anything else.
employment is conducive to being able to support oneself, buy food, pay for housing,etc. If you support people being asked to “choose” between their jobs and the vaccine, you have to know that it’s not a real choice. That’s forced vaccines and everyone who is being honest knows that.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianRo View Post
Meanwhile they brought a bunch of COVID infected illegals across the border? How do they get away with this? LOL. I knew something was up when I got a 2 foot long COVID card after I got my shot that didn't even fit in my damn wallet and was told "Now keep this on you at all times".

Chances are most people have already been infected and most never knew it. It came and went. They probably have immunity regardless of any vaccine
A 2 ‘ card? What state thought this a good idea? Maybe less prone to counterfeiting?

There is no certainty of the duration of immunity from a prior infection, especially given the variants.

Trump and wife were quietly vaccinated in early January, just 3 months after having been infected. This to me is very telling given Trump seems more like to do the opposite of what CDC recommends.

Then it became necessary to shut down a portion of Mar-a-lago due to a COVID outbreak. No idea if this was just a wing or all non family guests. Doing so at the peak of the season hits hard.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
employment is conducive to being able to support oneself, buy food, pay for housing,etc. If you support people being asked to “choose” between their jobs and the vaccine, you have to know that it’s not a real choice. That’s forced vaccines and everyone who is being honest knows that.
Think it more likely large scale employers, food handlers/ processors and healthcare facilities will require employers to vaccinate, no diff than the flu shot.

Giving employees the day(s) off to do so helps.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:39 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Think it more likely large scale employers, food handlers/ processors and healthcare facilities will require employers to vaccinate, no diff than the flu shot.

Giving employees the day(s) off to do so helps.
It could eventually be all schools and all employers. It will only happen if people let it happen and that is what you’re doing when you say it’s totally fine.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:42 PM

1,174 posts, read 550,493 times
Quote:
I prefer all adults choose to vaccinate. I also respect it’s their choice not to do so and accept potential consequences which may include their employment, ability to travel and a protracted recovery.

With or without vaccine, infection rates will likely decline over the summer, as they temporarily did in most states last summer, before returning with a vengeance.

Seems your responses tell more about your perceptions than anything else.
Your other post says “you do you” and this one “you prefer all adults get vaccinated”. Which is it? Unbelievable how the left rock with the wind and are so hypocritical.

Stick to your word if you wanna be taken seriously.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steamhammer View Post
Your other post says “you do you” and this one “you prefer all adults get vaccinated”. Which is it? Unbelievable how the left rock with the wind and are so hypocritical.

Stick to your word if you wanna be taken seriously.

You seem to be making some black and white assumptions, here.

That one prefers is not the same as insisting others do.

By the way, I am politically agnostic and a 2 x Trump voter, albeit not a drinker of political kool- aid.

Old 03-28-2021, 04:54 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
The 17th century called; they want their mass hysteria back.

Double middle fingers up to Cuomo, the MURDERER!!!

This UNCONSTITUTIONAL overreaction must be resisted!

Show your papers? Go **** yourself!

Old 03-28-2021, 05:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Great idea.

Let's start enforcing "Vaccine Passports" at all the borders. Especially the one with Mexico.

No passport, no entry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies