Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 09:04 AM

962 posts, read 541,032 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey73 View Post
It's a preparatory stage, a dry run. I've been hinting about this on this thread suggesting that those who demand everyone take the vaccine will be first in line to get their mark. The difference is, when taking the mark (chip?) one has to profess allegiance to the beast so a conscious choice will be involved. The entire mask fiasco was more about setting up an "us vs them" paradigm. Those who spend the most time watching the telescreen and believe everything the Harris administration/MSM/NYT/WaPo, etc., is telling them are most likely to be what I call "super maskers" and are living in fear, lashing out at those who know it's a scam and won't play along.
Get some fresh air.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2021, 09:06 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
It's a preparatory stage, a dry run. I've been hinting about this on this thread suggesting that those who demand everyone take the vaccine will be first in line to get their mark. The difference is, when taking the mark (chip?) one has to profess allegiance to the beast so a conscious choice will be involved. The entire mask fiasco was more about setting up an "us vs them" paradigm. Those who spend the most time watching the telescreen and believe everything the Harris administration/MSM/NYT/WaPo, etc., is telling them are most likely to be what I call "super maskers" and are living in fear, lashing out at those who know it's a scam and won't play along.
Wow. I never thought of it that way.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:07 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,976,993 times
Quote:
Yep and you'll have ignorant people think you are wrong but those are just low IQ bots, so don't worry about them. It has been playing out as you describe and is only getting worse as more freedoms are being stripped away.

Cops are even ready to shoot over masks now (like that one Texas cop almost did).

Old 03-29-2021, 09:09 AM

7,977 posts, read 4,987,383 times
You can damn well bet you won’t be able to domestically fly anywhere’s without your covid card. I bet checkpoints will be set up on state lines eventually so you can’t travel out of State by car without your covid card.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:12 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
i mean,.. you can't do alot of things without ID.

I need a passport to travel to many Countries. A Visa for others.

Another piece of paper ain't gonna kill me.

And what's with this end of times 'mark of the beast' talk? Don't we talk about the apocalypse every few years? lol.

People were probably going on about that during the plague days.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
i mean,.. you can't do alot of things without ID.

I need a passport to travel to many Countries. A Visa for others.

Another piece of paper ain't gonna kill me.

And what's with this end of times 'mark of the beast' talk? Don't we talk about the apocalypse every few years? lol.

People were probably going on about that during the plague days.
Having to get injected with something isn’t, “just a piece of paper”.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:28 AM

6,667 posts, read 2,972,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
sure. It's a vaccine. one of many I've already gotten.

I haven't gotten this one yet because it's too busy. But my 80+ mom did and whatever, she is fine. didn't even have side effects.

I show vacs papers to schools for my kid. It's not some new thing.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. And politicians are no better.

It's like you got these conspiracy and political factions going at it, while the rest of the normal people and scientists are just trying to deal with reality and get on with their lives so we can go to a movie theater again,..lol.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:29 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Exactly.

The backlash? Isn't actually about the vaccine. It's about those who will be noncompliant. Which is why you see all the false comparisons as to why a vaccine is no different than a driver's license.

It could not be more different. But it's all about the compliance and obedience. They are angry that there are those who question authority, since they obey WITHOUT QUESTION.

It's a long game ahead.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
sure. It's a vaccine. one of many I've already gotten.

I haven't gotten this one yet because it's too busy. But my 80+ mom did and whatever, she is fine. didn't even have side effects.

I show vacs papers to schools for my kid. It's not some new thing.

I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill. And politicians are no better.

It's like you got these conspiracy and political factions going at it, while the rest of the normal people and scientists are just trying to deal with reality and get on with their lives so we can go to a movie theater again,..lol.
War isn't new, murder isn't new. I guess parents who beat their kids .. those kids can grow up to become abusers too? Since it was already in place? You OK with those?

P-ss poor argument. Just because something is in place doesn't mean it is OK.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
Trumps were not “quietly vaccinated.” It was broadcast on national news.
Shouldn’t Florida’s population be halved by now by Covid deaths?
I know your town and have relatives who live there with kids. I never observed a “ghost town” scenario and neither have my relatives. I am there often.
Odd that people see things so differently.
I am against any “passport” for an “emergency only” approved vaccine for a disease that’s just about as lethal as seasonal flu.
That’s insanity.
It’s for control of the populace with more stringent controls to follow.
It’s a communist technique.
Right in front of so many who think it’s for their own good and will see too late the truth.
Good luck.
Two very different back to back Presidents have strongly encouraged the masses to get vaccinated, when available. The Trumps chose to be vaccinated just three months after being infected which clearly illustrates the uncertainty about the durability of immunity from a prior infection, especially to variants.

The Trump Admin chose to allow itself and all senators, Reps and their aides, regardless of age or health to be vaccinated before most healthcare professionals and the most vulnerable population. And many took advantage of that opportunity.

Trump claims the development of the Covid vaccine as one of the greatest achievements of his presidency.

It’s fascinating that many posting to this thread choose to cast vaccine as left vs right, Democrat vs Republican, despite anti- vaccine sentiments, like Covid, crosses political lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies