Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2021, 05:46 AM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Wow, how the other half lives ... I haven't been able to do much travelling & flitting around since my son was vaccine injured 15 years ago. He protected you & you've been off living your best life while he spends his Junior year in high school drawing Koala bears & attacking people who whistle.

Obvious. You get vaccinated & leave me alone. Liability for vaccine injuries should have been legally restored before anybody even started talking about this.

I did & my daughter died less than 24 hours later. I was like you & thought it must be a coincidence because "vaccines are safe" & then my son's brain swelled after vaccination & he's now permanently disabled.

Oh isn't that the truth.

Me too. This won't end the way they think it will. Vaccine injury in adults rarely happens overnight. There are already posters on CD who were being snarky to me & arguing about vaccine safety 2 months ago who are unfortunately now posting concerns about reactions that aren't going away. As in serious adverse events.
I am sorry to read about your daughter and son. Vaccines are like any other medical procedure meaning nothing is 100% without risk. As my dad's deceased cousin use to say "They call it practicing medicine because doctors are still practicing on us."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2021, 07:49 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,978,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
And because Florida is so lax with their attitude, I am in the process of selling my condo, after almost 15 years of feeding the Florida economy. I won't go back to a place run that way.
They won't miss your scared ass at all to be honest.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:25 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
A Norwegian perspective of vaccine passports:

“We have not seen such documents in Norway since World War II – they constitute a mechanism of governance that we associate with authoritarian regimes.”

“In China, the compulsory infection-tracking system entails virtually total surveillance of the population, with citizens’ updated health statuses determining whether they can go into shops, cafés, travel by train, or go to work.”

https://blogs.prio.org/2021/03/why-d...n-perspective/
I really hope people wake up before it’s too late. This is a terrible and dangerous idea but one that will only be accomplished if enough people willingly go along with it.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:32 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,105,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
I am so sorry for your loss. I noticed in another thread someone completely ignored your tremendous loss after you explained, and went on with her self-absorbed posting about vaccines without even acknowledging your tragedy. I was mortified to see that, and will stay far away from that woman. Thank you for sharing your story.
You’re so right on so many points.
Thank you. It's surreal anymore how much I see & hear the word "vaccine" on a daily basis. Every time I log into social media or hear the tv come on, or even just walk past a newspaper rack; there it is again: "VACCINE". Watching the world descend into this dystopian nightmare, where so many people see this extremely dangerous biologic as their salvation & want to coerce others into their fantasy, is very triggering for me.

Before covid, the word vaccine was present mostly in my own cognitive process. Every time I give my son his liquid immunosuppressant medications (because he can't swallow pills), I think; "vaccines". When he brings home coloring pages from school, when he should be preparing for his SAT's, I think; "vaccines". When I'm struggling with him outside the car, trying to protect my head while yelling "Safe hands!", I am thinking; "vaccines". Sometimes after I manage to get him in the car I look up & see peoples shocked faces staring at us (he's very large; 6 foot 5 & 270 lbs) & I want to scream "Vaccines!" at them.

There was one day two years ago when I ran into a Walgreens to grab something on my way to pick up my son from school. I knew I wouldn't be able to shop afterwards; the school had called me because he had completely destroyed a classroom. He had melted down into a Hulk-like rage; computers, desks, chairs had gone airborne, he had ripped his heavy denim pants & shirt off with his bare hands, an entire wing of the school had to be evacuated & it had taken 6 grown men to subdue him. His Immunologist would later explain to me the effects of puberty Testosterone on a brain in a constant state of neuroinflammation ... "His brain is on fire". As I was driving to the school, all I could think of was that day he got those vaccines as a bright, happy & healthy toddler years ago. How much things had changed. How the doctor had told me "This kid's going to college on a full ride scholarship!" that day & how the beginning to the end of that dream would start just a few hours later as his brain would become inflamed.

My kid would not be going to college. My kid had just destroyed a school & was crumpled on the floor sobbing, with 6 big guards standing over him. My kid would be coming home that day covered in bruises to watch Duck Tales on Disney.

I flew in to the Walgreens knowing it would be my only chance for the rest of the day, when the cashier politely offered me a "Free flu shot at the Pharmacy counter!" The irony ... I burst into tears & ran out of the store. Now it's like that day, every day, all day. Triggering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I am sorry to read about your daughter and son. Vaccines are like any other medical procedure meaning nothing is 100% without risk. As my dad's deceased cousin use to say "They call it practicing medicine because doctors are still practicing on us."
Thank you & this is very true; the "practice of medicine". A process of trial & error. Obviously in my family, Immunogenomics are at play: Vaccines are more of a risk for the people who share my DNA & I had to find that out the hard way.

If at least the 1986 Vaccine Injury Act were repealed & people injured could purse compensation in court with normal due process, the conversation about vaccine passports would look a little different. In case this trial turns out to be an error, it's wrong to grant immunity to manufacturers & leave people without recourse.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:43 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Airlines are not privy to HIPPA information.
Many states require health forms from airline passengers and a record of a negative test, if not they are required to quarantine for 14 days. Canada requires passenger arriving from the US and other states to quarantine in a hotel for 14 days. A record of vaccine wouldn't be any more invasive.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:48 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Florida will not have vaccine passports. The covid Nazi's are not going to demand our papers!
Actually Florida was screening cars from out of state and requiring 14 day quarantines back in April causing massive traffic jams, I guess they they were Nazi's.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:51 AM

30,167 posts, read 11,803,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Many states require health forms from airline passengers and a record of a negative test, if not they are required to quarantine for 14 days. Canada requires passenger arriving from the US and other states to quarantine in a hotel for 14 days. A record of vaccine wouldn't be any more invasive.

Its funny that the USA has vaccinated per capital 3 times what Canada has done. They like making rules but slow at getting things done.

I say boycott NY. Boycott Canada.

Old 03-30-2021, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If they still allow negative test results as an alternative to a vaccine passport for air travel then fine. In order to get a vaccine passport, you have to get a vaccine, which is invasive.

Old 03-30-2021, 09:00 AM

9,421 posts, read 11,170,102 times

Old 03-30-2021, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post

Very!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies