Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2021, 09:50 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,765,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabOnEm View Post
And so it begins with NY: New York launches nation's first "vaccine passports"

Starting Friday, New Yorkers will be able to pull up a code on their cell phone or a printout to prove they've been vaccinated against COVID-19 or recently tested negative for the virus that causes it.The first-in-the-nation certification, called the Excelsior Pass, will be useful first at large-scale venues like Madison Square Garden, but next weekwill be accepted at dozens of event, arts and entertainment venues statewide.

It already enables people to increase the size of a wedding party, or other catered event... Requiring vaccination "is not something we have done before within this country outside of school systems and hospitals," said Fairchild, adding it would incredibly useful from a public health standpoint and could eventually be expanded to cover flu and measles shots – if public opinion would allow it.

Don't worry NYers, they've been placing reminders in the new 2nd Ave subway stations too:

https://www.wsj.com/articles/riders-...ing-1483393401
This makes me sick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2021, 09:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Interesting that I.D. Will be required for Entertainment venues, businesses & restaurants..... but the Democrats want to make it illegal to present I.D. To Vote.

Does this mean Democrat run States are all Racist? We were told by JoeBama that minorities didn’t know how to get I.D. And didn’t know how to use Technologies like the internet and smartphones.
Stupid argument.

When I got my shot -- they handed me a card showing I got my first dose.

I didn't have to produce a birth certificate, and multiple other pieces of documentation to prove that I exist.

You are comparing processes that aren't the same at all.

The problem with many of the voter ID laws is that they are too restrictive. Folks who are 80 years old show up with all the papers they have showing their name, blah blah -- and they get turned away from state facilities because one of the papers is not what they (the state) want it to be.

That's not the same at all.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Stupid argument.

When I got my shot -- they handed me a card showing I got my first dose.

I didn't have to produce a birth certificate, and multiple other pieces of documentation to prove that I exist.

You are comparing processes that aren't the same at all.

The problem with many of the voter ID laws is that they are too restrictive. Folks who are 80 years old show up with all the papers they have showing their name, blah blah -- and they get turned away from state facilities because one of the papers is not what they (the state) want it to be.

That's not the same at all.
Vaccine passports are extremely restrictive.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:59 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,960,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
These vaccines aren't considered experimental having been cleared by the CDC.

Vaccines are already mandatory in certain settings. One must get a MMR vaccine ro study at NY State Universities. I am sure some elementary school systems mandate certain vaccines for their students.

Already Rutgers University in NJ will be mandating anti-Covid vaccines for the fall semester:
https://www.nj.com/education/2021/03...the-first.html

Years ago, vaccine cards showing one had a smallpox vaccine was mandated for international travel to certain countries.

Even with all these cases of mandatory vaccines there are no prisons/concentration camps for those who refuse to get vaccinated!
When people were pointing out that vaccine passports were coming, the cries of conspiracy theorist were loud and clear.

Talk to us in 2022.

See where the country is.

This is about CONTROL.

NOT HEALTH. See your post above. Now 100% restriction from attending college. For a mild infection with a 99% recovery rate. Must. Get. Vaccine.

Show your papers, please.

Old 03-28-2021, 09:59 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
THe passports themselves may be -- but to get the passport all you have to do is get the vaccine.

Youi don't have to do much else.

They literally hand the card to you -- for free.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:00 AM

39,086 posts, read 51,273,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Vaccine cards have been used for decades. Anyone who shipped overseas in the military back in my day or travels to certain countries even today is familiar with the "yellow card" - a vaccine card required for entry. Restrictive, no. Just go get a damn shot. It is not a big deal.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:01 AM

4,754 posts, read 2,983,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
These vaccines aren't considered experimental having been cleared by the CDC.

Vaccines are already mandatory in certain settings. One must get a MMR vaccine ro study at NY State Universities. I am sure some elementary school systems mandate certain vaccines for their students.

Already Rutgers University in NJ will be mandating anti-Covid vaccines for the fall semester:
https://www.nj.com/education/2021/03...the-first.html

Years ago, vaccine cards showing one had a smallpox vaccine was mandated for international travel to certain countries.

Even with all these cases of mandatory vaccines there are no prisons/concentration camps for those who refuse to get vaccinated!
But you're talking about vaccines with literally decades worth of testing done. Mandating someone getting the COVID vaccine before traveling and entering areas is similar to mandating the flu vaccine be mandated for the same thing. We never really tested for the flu and only diagnosed on symptoms but we see cases are down 90%+ with it, yet at the same time COVID has the very same symptoms as the flu.

When have you ever needed to bring your vaccination history to sporting events, or to get on the subway, or to eat a restaurant, or to have a wedding?

I mean there was a reason why they stopped using mRNA in vaccine testing in the 90s and there is a reason why the current vaccines just have "emergency authorization". I can't believe so many people have been willing to give into corporations like moderna which have never made a vaccine before or johnson and johnson, who knowingly had cancerous items in their baby powder (recently settled to mothers for millions), but people still trust them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Well, that's next.

First: vaccine passport. Under guise of "choice" and "it's voluntary" and "it's your fault if you don't get the vaccine"

Second: mandatory vaccines for those who CHOOSE to live FREELY -- can't have that. Make it mandatory.

Third: prison/concentration camp/home restriction for those who still assert their rights to control what goes into their bodies.

Waiting for first call of conspiracy theorist for this post. Come back in 2022. Let me know what the reality is.
Yep, it looks like they are really accelerating. If people accept then they win, but if people hold their ground and don't give in then we can win out.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
THe passports themselves may be -- but to get the passport all you have to do is get the vaccine.

Youi don't have to do much else.

They literally hand the card to you -- for free.
It’s easier to get a birth certificate than it is to get injected with something you don’t want to get injected with.

My body my choice should not choice should not come with such major strings attached.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Vaccine cards have been used for decades. Anyone who shipped overseas in the military back in my day or travels to certain countries even today is familiar with the "yellow card" - a vaccine card required for entry. Restrictive, no. Just go get a damn shot. It is not a big deal.
I don’t want the “ damn shot”. My body my choice. It is a huge deal.

Old 03-28-2021, 10:04 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,786,052 times
My husband received a wallet- sized pre- printed paper card with the date of his first dose written in by hand. Presumably, someone else will update it by hand, when he receives his second dose.

These and similar cards are being counterfeited throughout the US.

Proof of vaccination is likely going to be key to resume inbound and outbound international travel and maybe resumption of professional spectator sports, music events, theatre, trade shows, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies