Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2021, 07:39 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmaster View Post
I don’t believe Republican policies would help African Americans but even if I did the way the posters here expect African Americans to ignore the neo nazi and save the confederacy wing of the GOP is simply insane.
Black people saw the January 6th Capitol Hill rioters with neo nazi T-shirts and waving the confederate flag. Did you miss that?

An African American family needs a new roof. The roofer drives up in a truck with nazi symbols and a confederate flag. The home owner says “ no way”
The roofer says “i am a racist but 2 of my crew aren’t but they have no problem with racist and I’m $1500 cheaper”
The black home owner thinks about the economic benefits and says.......... “hell no! I don’t trust these people and don’t want them on my property”

This is pretty much like expecting African Americans to join the present Day GOP.

Why do you all ignore the confederate flag wavers and neo nazis when talking about how smart it would be for African Americans to join the GOP?
I didn't know all black people had a representative?

Your story is silly.

The right condemned every attack that has occurred over the past year plus. What would you have anyone do? Hunt them down and hang them in the town square? Do you think maybe the FBI is a little better equipped to hunt down hundreds of people? Have you already formed a vigilante .org? When was the last time you condemned one of them "peaceful protest?" Do you disavow the communist flags they wave, flags that stand for 100 million casualties in less than a century?

So you didn't really make any valid points but you did get off some "storytelling" and that's worth some "woke" points.

Old 03-29-2021, 07:56 PM

5,527 posts, read 3,247,667 times
Politics isn't meant to solve problems. Politics is meant to empower politicians. That's all.

If you're waiting for politics to fix your life you're already behind the eight ball and it's probably not going to end well.

I agree though that black conservatism is primarily for a white audience, and is mostly inauthentic. Black people in general don't have much money to conserve... That's like more than half of the conservative agenda. What's left?

Old 03-29-2021, 08:13 PM

13,438 posts, read 4,282,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post

I agree though that black conservatism is primarily for a white audience, and is mostly inauthentic. Black people in general don't have much money to conserve... That's like more than half of the conservative agenda. What's left?
I disagree. Black conservatism is about being different in the black community and challenging the liberalism that has taken the black community and made them a victim mentality and bad places to live and go to school.

Is not famous to be a black conservative. You get constantly insulted by the community and by white liberals themselves but they refuse to go along the downfall just to be accepted.

Malcolm X said: “The white liberal is the worst enemy to America, and the worst enemy to the black man"
Too bad most didn't listen to him. The DNC owns the black community.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:16 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,806,221 times
Relying on politicians to solve your problems is ridiculous. As to black conservatives maybe read some Thomas Sowell or Shelby Steele.

Old 03-29-2021, 08:22 PM

Blacks have been voting Democrat for decades and their communities and schools are the worst and now the DNC to keep getting their votes they go identity politics on steroids because they can't go by their record of failure for over 50 years. It's sad to watch how liberals with white guilt panders to them for their vote and blacks pretend that they care about them. It's like the Twilight Zone.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:34 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,699,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Blacks have been voting Democrat for decades and their communities and schools are the worst and now the DNC to keep getting their votes they go identity politics on steroids because they can't go by their record of failure for over 50 years. It's sad to watch how liberals with white guilt panders to them for their vote and blacks pretend that they care about them. It's like the Twilight Zone.
And what exactly do you think the Republicans can do or can do better?

I’d love to know.

Judging by the downward spiral of the right wing that should be very interesting answer.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:34 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I’m in a weird place politically. I personally think progressivism is trash and overall doesn’t work. I’m not a fan of the alt right or any sort of group think narratives encouraged by the right. I think most conservative politicians are fairly bland and have nothing interesting to say. Same for liberal politicians. And I find there really isn’t a difference between the 2 parties with each party having interchangeable ideas whenever it’s politically convenient. I also think political partisanship is fairly toxic, doesn’t actually lead to anything great, and is basically political junk food.

Take the worst aspect of political junk food. Identity politics and novelty acts. Liberals do it a ton. They love their LGBTQZ political speakers and politicians. And love to advertise it. But conservatives are just as guilty. Enter the black conservative.

As a black man who has identified as a conservative. I often wonder who is black conservative political commentary actually for? I mean one person may naively think it’s for black people. But they don’t have anything compelling or interesting to say about black people. Or have any real messaging that’s new or insightful. Worst of all it’s mostly a critical idea but end game just seem to be “hey switch parties”. So that black people can just be ignored by Republicans like they’re currently ignored by democrats. It’s really no different honestly.

Biggest talking point is “stay in school, get a job, don’t join a gang, and take care of your family”. Yes this is the big talking point black people really need to hear. And the only people who ever tell black people they need to listen to black conservative commentators are white conservatives.

So what do they think. That black people aren’t ware of these things. As if black community is this bizzaro dimension where every encourages everyone to drop out school, join a gang, and abandon their children. News flash this preachy posturing is probably mode prevalent in the black community than probably any other community. Every preached and school teacher says this.

So I’m convinced that black conservatism and it’s talking point isn’t really meant for black peoples. It’s just a political vehicle to get black people to switch parties. And that’s kind of why it lacks any real substance. It isn’t really that radical since both parties are basically interchangeable at this point and will mostly attack problems in the same exact ways.

If all black people need to do is stay in school and get a great job. Then great. They don’t need to change parties to do that. They can do that no matter who is in office. That’s not a political movement that’s a self help guide.

As much as I hate police the mass problem of police brutality is solvable. Just move to a nice neighborhood and keep a low profile. I’m a 41 year old black man and I’ve never been stopped by the police once in my entire life. Mostly because I just avoid the situation entirely. That could be a personality thing, but whatever. Police are mostly useless and avoiding them is pretty easy when you leave the hood. I live in Philly and I know plenty of neighborhoods that are safe and I barely see police. And are inexpensive. If you can avoid police interactions in a city like Philly you can probably avoid them anywhere. Except Atlanta. But they typically just like to give our tickets and usually don’t shoot you.

Overall black conservatism sucks because its not really solving any problems. Or it’s not addressing any problems that could reasonably be solved by the political process. The reason why Democrats have failed with black people because you can politically strong arm your way into black prosperity. Since black prosperity really isn’t a political issue at all. And Republicans probably have even less of a clue. They have an issue doing anything meaningful for their existing base besides Sloganism.
Many whites dont go to church. Jesus was not black so there is no neec blacks to even be christians.

Blacks need leadership and role models to tell them to get out of the perennial victim mentality and move ahead. Consevatism isnt helping acheieve that definitely. Just ask if mike pence or even jo biden would visit a chicago south or missisipi church. They wont.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
Nixon? LMAO! I didn't know the history of the Republican party started in 1968. You must be black, saying " It's Amazing, Democrats are going to nail every toothless hillbilly inbred racist to the party forever. " like racism, violence and ignorance in America comes in 1 color and the South while creating a new generation of racism with their identity politics and with their white guilt pandering to blacks and hiding their own racism and elitism.

It's amazing to me that you believe your own B.S. and "the switch" thinking the Democrat party will get rid of racism when they make it worse. Nixon is no worse than JFK, LBJ or Clinton. LBJ was a war criminal and that's not an opinion. You say Democrats have done a better job at getting people to the table. At what cost and how? a lot of identity politics and handouts, which is 1,000 times worse than whatever you accuse the Republicans.

It's funny how you say the Republican party drove of a cliff while praising the Democrat party and use words like Amazing, saying they will end racism (I guess toothless hillbillies in the south are the only racists in the U.S.) There is saying in Spanish about you: "Se te ve la costura" it means I read you a mile away.
The poster didn’t say the Republican began in 1968, and I’m sure most blacks weren’t thinking that way during the time, and worst of all you assumed the poster was black.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Many whites dont go to church. Jesus was not black so there is no neec blacks to even be christians.

Blacks need leadership and role models to tell them to get out of the perennial victim mentality and move ahead. Consevatism isnt helping acheieve that definitely. Just ask if mike pence or even jo biden would visit a chicago south or missisipi church. They wont.
role models don’t help white people that much either. You can ask your Trump voters. But I doubt if you will.

“Leadership” doesn’t solve much either.

They won’t visit a black church for the same reason Republican politicians don’t visit small churches in poor white communities. Your over generalizations are astounding.

Old 03-29-2021, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post

and how liberalism working out? Bad communities and bad schools. How saying conservatism isn't helping when they never control the black communities. Great, affirmative action in church also. I guess blacks need a black Jesus and a black Santa to solve their problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies